More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 11:56:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  FFS OFB Compatibility List
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: FFS OFB Compatibility List  (Read 76272 times)
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
Re: FFS OFB Compatibility List
« Reply #100 on: 2006 March 05, 17:37:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In theory, the latest expansion should carry over all the essential stuff from the older ones, plus whatever it adds, but certain things might be disabled if you don't have one of the older expansions (ie Universities etc).

However, in practice I'm not conviced that's the case 100% of the time and since patching doesn't seem to hurt anything, even if it doesn't help, I'd rather be safe than sorry. *shrug*

See, I thought the same thing... but I am also reluctant to completely trust that OFB would have the same fixes that the 2nd NL patch added which were not necessarily NL specific, such as the terrain paint fix. I wish we were better informed about these things. The patch came so late and just before OFB was released really that I/we barely had any time to notice any other potential bugs that might have been created, such as the new final exam problem. If the patch was supposed to be for NL, and the game doesn't look at things from previous EPs... then why did the 2nd patch wreck something that was Uni related? Tongue

I suppose I will patch just incase, since it does fix some other major stuff. But my other question was never answered: does OFB still need the finalfix-nlp2? The list says it still works without any changes... do I interpret this as actually being needed?

Also wondering... does this mean that, with every new EP, the objects.package will keep increasing in size? Does each new objects.package contain All the "code" from all previous EPs and the base game? And somehow the executeable is responsible for making certain things available? Or does the game actually need to look at the other objects.package files from each EP to "enable" those EP specific interactions and items?

Ste

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2006 March 06, 01:10:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Payatbox was broken in NL.  I've been sticking an end table on the mailbox stand using moveobjects, which made a nice little shelf, until someone told me about the mailbox covers at TSR that come with a handle little shelf.  So I've been using those now for a couple of weeks.  But people with OFB are reporting that you can no longer place either end tables or the mailbox covers on the mailbox because it says "location out of bounds."  Which really sucks.  This was discussed in depth on another thread about OFB.  I am hoping that a workaround is discovered soon.  Otherwise, you have to place all the tables/mailbox covers before installing OFB, then hoping that they don't get sold or something when you move out of a house (need to use Inge's shrub to make objects stay at moveout) or that you don't have to bulldoze or create a new lot where you won't be able to place them on the mailbox.  Grr, this is one thing I'm going to hate.  It will look so tacky having a table out in the yard by the sidewalk, but I guess that's what I'll have to do so they don't run all around the house trying to find a table to put the bills on.  The other thing to do would be to watch them check the mail, then cancel the action so they will stop and pay the bills right there in the yard, like I did in Sims 1, but that requires more micromanaging, which Payatbox took care of.  Maybe JM will make this one work again.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: 2006 March 06, 01:12:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was thinking about making a full set of empty lots with mailbox covers on them before I install OFB.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2006 March 06, 01:13:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But people with OFB are reporting that you can no longer place either end tables or the mailbox covers on the mailbox because it says "location out of bounds."  Which really sucks.  This was discussed in depth on another thread about OFB.  I am hoping that a workaround is discovered soon.
The locktiles cheat doesn't work?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2006 March 06, 01:15:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

not according to what I've read

edit to mention that I miss Payatbox too  Sad
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: 2006 March 06, 01:17:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, and you could always use an invisible end table, which only looks funny when the bills are actually on it. The one I have is from eddief66 at MTS2.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2006 March 06, 03:33:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At least the Pay Bills Macro still works.  So you only have to cancel the first icon, then the other one to "Render unto Caesar" takes over.  Or if you are busy with other sims and not paying attention, just let him or her wander into the house to whatever table, set the bill down, pick it back up, and take it back to the mailbox.  I'm sure it only takes them about an hour or so.  Tongue  At least then the bills get paid and aren't hidden somewhere on the lot where you don't know where they are.
Aracelis
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2006 March 06, 05:15:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Payatbox was broken in NL

Sorry, but it works for me. I've been using it all the time since NL was launched and it works just fine. I'll get OFB tomorrow and would be very happy if there were a new version available, or I could test it to check if it's working the way it is.
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2006 March 06, 05:20:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Regarding my earlier post about not having installed the second NL patch before OFB, I just got the missing final exam bug last night, so I suppose it means the latest "fixes" are still included in my game  Cheesy

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
Nadira
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2006 March 06, 11:20:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry to report - romance mod is broken (causing jumping bug, especially - but not only - in sales interactions). Problem has been accurately followed down to only this one hack being installed, on two different computers. I am not the one for error logs, perhaps someone else can reproduce the problem.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2006 March 06, 12:15:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry to report - romance mod is broken (causing jumping bug, especially - but not only - in sales interactions). Problem has been accurately followed down to only this one hack being installed, on two different computers. I am not the one for error logs, perhaps someone else can reproduce the problem.
This result can definitely not be reproduced, since I have NOT observed this and have performed many sales interactions.

Perhaps you are using the wrong version (Do not use the Uni version!).

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2006 March 07, 01:58:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is yellow pee okay? It has a date of 3/2 in the Director's cut but I just wanted to make sure. What about harderjobs?

Thanks.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2006 March 07, 11:28:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is yellow pee okay? It has a date of 3/2 in the Director's cut but I just wanted to make sure. What about harderjobs?

Thanks.

Yellowpee works fine.
dawnkeeper
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2006 March 07, 17:02:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I finally got around to creating a servo last night and noticed he kept trying to eat but was unsuccessful. He kept picking up his utensil and putting it down. I went right for the "noeatcrap" mod and sure enough after I took it out he could eat again.

Not that Servo needs to eat really, but I thought I would mention this as a possible problem that may need to be looked into. I have alot of J.M.'s and three other hacks: "Quaxi censor.package" and some two_jeffs stuff. I am not sure that the hack would be clashing with those but it very well could be.

Lurkety, lurk, lurk!
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: 2006 March 07, 17:26:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I finally got around to creating a servo last night and noticed he kept trying to eat but was unsuccessful. He kept picking up his utensil and putting it down. I went right for the "noeatcrap" mod and sure enough after I took it out he could eat again.

If it prevented him from trying to eat at all, I'd call it a feature. Wink

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2006 March 07, 17:39:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed the eating issue too and not just with servo but with some of my sims and employees. On the other hand, I had a party last night and some of the guests were eating bad food. :p I'll yank noeatcrap out for now.

Lesswhiny had an issue with servo but did get fixed quite quickly (if quietly) but macrotastics now seems to be causing issues with my toddler.

Well I guess we'll get this all sorted out sooner or later what works and what's causing what. So far most of the other hacks seem to work okay *crosses fingers*

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: 2006 March 07, 19:41:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Was the food spoiled or about to spoil? Were the sims in question full?

I thought the noeatcrap hack was supposed to prevent eating crap and overeating.

Probably something obvious you already thought of... but if servos hunger never decays/is always full, then the hack will probably prevent them from eating. *shrugs*

Not sure about the employees. Were they full at the time? Are employees selectable, so you can actually see their needs? Or do they act like visitors and you can't really view their needs?

Ste

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2006 March 07, 20:07:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can't see employee needs unless they are managers. These ones weren't so I have no idea what their needs were other than they were in the red from something. I assume they were average weight.

The issue I had with the other sims was they'd make food, it was fresh and not bad, take a plate, sit down, then not eat it and put it on a counter. Sometimes they'd do it again. I had servo do this, and an adult and teen sim, average weight, moderate to low in hunger.

The ones eating crap were guests at a party eating bad grilled cheese, not sure if no eat crap applies to guests or not but I always thought it did.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2006 March 07, 23:52:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

meh, guests don't deserve good food anyways.  THey eat what you give them.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2006 March 08, 00:25:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The reason your sims (Servo or otherwise) keep picking up their forks and then putting them down is because they are FULL, and therefore cannot eat that! However, the AI is obsessed with eating everything in sight, and so will likely keep trying until something else grabs their attention, but they definitely should not be allowed to eat that! If you're seeing sims do this, that means it is WORKING CORRECTLY at preventing them from eating things they shouldn't. The fact that they can't think of anything ELSE intelligent to do is NOT an excuse for letting them finish doing something even more stupid.

syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: 2006 March 08, 00:46:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was gonna reply but it looks like Pescado beat me to it. Tongue

I don't think the hack takes their weight into mind. The "overeating" part is just that it prevents them from trying to keep eating when their hunger bars are full. As Pescado pointed out, I think that sims will sometimes try to keep eating food that is in front of them just because it's there. Tongue Much like in real life. I wish there was a real life "hack" for this to prevent me from overeating. Lord knows I could use it. Roll Eyes

I haven't tried it out in OFB yet, but in NL my sims that were actually hungry will make food, and then eat until they are full. Sometimes they might go through the stupid loop of picking it up and putting it down, but a couple of the houses had several sims in them, so usually a neat sim would come by and scoop up the finished food, cleaning it away. The exception to this is fat, lazy, and possibly sloppy sims will still have a chance of overeating or eating crap, especially the sims that can eat right out of the garbage. Tongue

Ste

dawnkeeper
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2006 March 08, 02:31:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The reason your sims (Servo or otherwise) keep picking up their forks and then putting them down is because they are FULL, and therefore cannot eat that!

Ah. Gotcha. So I will put it back in. Servo is full all the time so he cannot eat according to noeatcrap. Thanks!  Wink

Lurkety, lurk, lurk!
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2006 March 08, 08:16:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The fasterbuyclothes hack is not working the way it used to. Now, no matter where a sim is standing if you click on a clothes rack the clothes choser will appear and they will pull a pile of clothes out of the air (even through objects & other sims) and walk to a changing both. Before they would at least walk over to a rack before the clothes choser would appear.

Level 4 defect - purely cosmetic  Tongue
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2006 March 08, 08:42:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe this was broken as of NL, and is no longer officially supported. 
Nadira
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2006 March 08, 12:39:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

... romance mod is broken ...
Perhaps you are using the wrong version (Do not use the Uni version!).

Sorry for bothering! I kept scanning the hackfiles for updates, but missed an update in the Directors Cut, which I didnīt check for some time (thinking I had all I needed). Must be getting old ....

By the way: Ragged lines are back again - although nocorruptdeath is on (and this time I am definietely using the latest version of the hack).
« Last Edit: 2006 March 08, 13:24:04 by Nadira » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: