More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 12:29:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  This is more than usually odd
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: This is more than usually odd  (Read 12973 times)
Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
Re: This is more than usually odd
« Reply #25 on: 2006 April 01, 03:40:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry it was not out at Mod the Sims 2 but at the insimenator.com but Squinge removed it since when the Sims age to child, they reverse to their original gender. 

Could make for an interesting sim story, transvestite sims..Hmmm....

Axe murdered since 2006
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 April 01, 04:20:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In-game baby-selection at birth is somewhat of a Holy Grail thing, but Maxis seems to have intentionally made it impossible, or so they openly claim. Squinge was the latest one to attempt the quest, but since it was basically the same approach we had initially attempted, it didn't work either.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2006 April 01, 07:09:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There wouldn't be a problem with ugly Townies if you just make your own! LOL

Okay, so it takes some time and effort, but in the long run the results are so much more pleasing.

I don't think you can really think of the gender odds like saying, "86% of the time I end up with one particular gender" because the reality is it's just like flipping a coin.  Every time a baby is born, there's a 50/50 chance of gender.

My fool-proof gender picker is simply to reload before mom has the baby and if it's not the gender I'm after, I re-load without saving.  It works every time. Wink

SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 April 01, 18:36:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In-game baby-selection at birth is somewhat of a Holy Grail thing, but Maxis seems to have intentionally made it impossible, or so they openly claim. Squinge was the latest one to attempt the quest, but since it was basically the same approach we had initially attempted, it didn't work either.

I wonder what Squinge is doing that he can claim it's working 100% for him? Because for me it was nowhere near 100%.... after just three births it was obvious it wasn't working. You only need ONE failure to disprove the validity of something.

It even occurred to me that he might be doing something like getting a female sim pregnant with herself and then choosing BOY... well, of course it would be a boy 100% of the time....

Fail.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2006 April 02, 09:13:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Squinge has a new version up http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=7926 I'm gonna give it a try, stops all the needless births in my game until i get my preferred gender. (The neighbourhood rule is you birth it, you keep it - no reloading).

viromancy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 April 02, 09:30:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My fool-proof gender picker is simply to reload before mom has the baby and if it's not the gender I'm after, I re-load without saving.  It works every time. Wink

My own foolproof method is to repeat the birth three times and if I still don't get what I want, I save the game and flip the baby's gender in SimPE. There's only so many times I can sit through that birth cinematic.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 April 02, 11:48:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's only so many times I can sit through that birth cinematic.

Turn off the cinematic  Tongue
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2006 April 04, 08:56:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL  That was going to be my suggestion, too.  Those cinematics were entertaining something like the first 50 times I watched them.  Then I realized that even if I did want a picture of something good going on it wasn't going to happen (I don't know--maybe you can do the camera keyboard shortcut but I never think of that), so off it went and for the most part it's stayed off.

viromancy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 April 04, 18:17:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL  That was going to be my suggestion, too. 

I know, I know. But even without the cinematic there's only so many times I can put up with watching my sim give birth over and over. If they haven't produced an appropriate heir after 3 attempts then I reserve the right to invoke godhood and adjust things to my satisfaction. It's either that or import a mountain to expose all these unwanted children on until the social worker takes them away.

Avie
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 April 22, 21:39:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is still ongoing. Apart from the wretched machine givong mr twins AGAIN I have now racked up 19 male births,

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: