More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 07:32:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  The Bowels of Trogdor
| |-+  The Small Intestines of Trogdor
| | |-+  Hack Diffing Tool! "Really Working This Time" Edition!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Hack Diffing Tool! "Really Working This Time" Edition!  (Read 44610 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Hack Diffing Tool! "Really Working This Time" Edition!
« Reply #25 on: 2008 May 29, 23:27:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hackdiff does not care what you name the file. If you feed it a file that is not a package, it will simply barf, probably not prettily. This really isn't made for idiotproofing, the program is written under the assumption you know what you're doing. Just remember the rule: Garbage In, Garbage Out.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2008 May 30, 07:14:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dammit!  I was hoping it would dispose of my potato peelings  Sad

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2008 June 18, 09:29:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As a result of using this tool, I can now announce an enhancement to SimPE that will make updating that little bit more pleasant.

In the BHAV plugin's "Special Buttons" there will be a Compare button.  It offers you a list of all the EPs you have installed and when you pick one, you get a BHAV viewing window with the comparable BHAV from that EP.   So without having to open multiple instances of SimPE or several different packages at the same time, you can see what changed between EPs at the same time as looking at your own modded version.

Also planned is a similar Compare button for BCONs, as well as an Upgrade button for BCONs (adds enough lines plus their current values to cover your latest installed EP)

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: