More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 19:57:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  What's your first impression of OFB?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: What's your first impression of OFB?
It's my dream come true - 5 (4.6%)
Stop bugging me I'm playing the game - 21 (19.4%)
What's OFB? - 3 (2.8%)
So far so good - 39 (36.1%)
I live in a bunker therefore I can't get it for a few more months - 40 (37%)
Total Voters: 100

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What's your first impression of OFB?  (Read 68305 times)
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
Re: What's your first impression of OFB?
« Reply #175 on: 2006 March 06, 21:40:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But when you use a different sim to visit a community lot that the owner owned, the owner will be in the store and ask employees to do stuff, like restocking, on their own, even if you assigned that employee to do sales right before you (the owner) left the store last time you played it (which I don't like, but I didn't play too long on that store). If you assigned a household member to a job, like register or else, he/she will not be in the store when you use another sim to visit the lot, only the owner is in the store, so you better hire some employees if you plan to use other sims to visit the store.

(scratching head)...so if I am running a home business that has 3 playable characters and I send another sim to that lot only the owner will be there? Where will the other 2pc's be at? (I know bad grammar)
The other household members won't work in the store? (at register, etc.)

(i know i need the guide, i will hopefully have it tomorrow)
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2006 March 06, 23:54:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow Gus, what a list.  Hope it gets better for you coz' I reckon that this is the best EP yet... Grin  So much variety and different things for them to do, the other EP's were starting to get a bit stale, so I'm looking forward to what Maxis can come up with next!

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2006 March 07, 23:42:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(scratching head)...so if I am running a home business that has 3 playable characters and I send another sim to that lot only the owner will be there? Where will the other 2pc's be at? (I know bad grammar)
The other household members won't work in the store? (at register, etc.)

(i know i need the guide, i will hopefully have it tomorrow)

Correct! I have a father and teen son to run the resturant (International something?) and only the father (the owner) is there when another sim visited. So don't exploit your family members!  Grin

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2006 March 08, 15:24:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

according to the guide, you can't take your sims to visit a home business...

What the hell is up with that? I thought we could and I made a whorehouse but I can't take any of my sims to visit it (they can visit on their own though when I'm playing the whorehouse lot)

*sigh* well I need to redo my whorehouse anyway so maybe I'll do it the commercial lot way and have the boss hire the girls to work there (damn! now he will have to pay them)

hmmm... Will the girls need to live on another lot then his? (so he can hire them and have them be there when my sims visit the commercial lot)

*still had alot of fun*
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 2006 March 08, 15:34:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree, I was also rather dissapointed about not being able to visit home businesses. I suppose there's probably some issues with going to a residential lot as a visitor though. To be honest, I've always wanted a feature where sims can visit their friends houses. Maybe someone will come up with a hack to do it.

I also agree the other episodes were getting very stale and this one added quite a bit of new gameplay. Overall it's keeping me interested and I'm really enjoying it, which is a lot more than I can say for the other 2. University was fun for a little bit, but it got old fast and now I can't even stand to play it. Thank goodness for the lot fixer's upgrade pre-uni sim. Insta-graduate.  Grin And NL was just like, uh, this is supposed to be an expansion pack? I already had restaurants of sorts going with the hack that let the cafeteria work come on community lots and the dates weren't anything special and not challenging in the least.

Oh, in OFB I just discovered the sell practice items phone option. Now I can put the elders, teens and pregnant women to work without having to open my house to have annoying townies come trapsing through it. Smiley

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 2006 March 08, 15:52:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, in OFB I just discovered the sell practice items phone option. Now I can put the elders, teens and pregnant women to work without having to open my house to have annoying townies come trapsing through it. Smiley

I saw this for the first time last night and couldn't figure out where the option was to make it come up again.  I'll have to check the phone options again.  Thanks!

Karen
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 2006 March 08, 15:55:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It should be under business on on the phone IIRC.

I'm not sure if you have to actually start a home business to be able to do this or not, but if you do you can always just start one and keep it closed all the time.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 2006 March 08, 18:06:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To be honest, I've always wanted a feature where sims can visit their friends houses.
I'd like that as well.  "Bustin' Out" did that for the Playstation, but it used TS1 mechanics, so I never bothered with it.  Given that they've touched on the mechanic before, I'd like to be able to visit other houses, with only my Sim or his outing under my control.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 2006 March 08, 18:12:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

forgot to ask something

Why do I suddenly have pink pigs floating around my n'hood? 

I know this was mentioned jokingly in another thread but I couldn't find it *searched* and I would really like to know why they just suddenly showed up.
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 2006 March 08, 18:17:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

forgot to ask something

Why do I suddenly have pink pigs floating around my n'hood? 

I know this was mentioned jokingly in another thread but I couldn't find it *searched* and I would really like to know why they just suddenly showed up.

I saw something about hitting ahuge number of hours played triggering it.

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2006 March 08, 18:35:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought that was a big joke started by Trubble and friends.  I think that was in the thread that Blue deleted, so that's why you can't find it, Sleepycat. Smiley
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 2006 March 08, 18:52:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ahhhh...didn't think I had played all that much,  maybe it's connected to the fact that I haven't had to uninstall/reinstall since installing Uni (damn stupid of Maxis to not date the damn patches!)

I couldn't believe my eyes but I remembered to take a picture!  I zipped it so I could attach it, my image host killed all its free accounts and I haven't bothered to get another one  Lips sealed

[404'ed!]
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 2006 March 09, 13:40:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ahhhh...didn't think I had played all that much,  maybe it's connected to the fact that I haven't had to uninstall/reinstall since installing Uni (damn stupid of Maxis to not date the damn patches!)

I couldn't believe my eyes but I remembered to take a picture!  I zipped it so I could attach it, my image host killed all its free accounts and I haven't bothered to get another one  Lips sealed

They are part of the new neighborhood decorations, Cheesy don't worry, you're not going mad.. Grin

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 2006 March 09, 15:45:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They are part of the new neighborhood decorations, Cheesy don't worry, you're not going mad.. Grin

I looked at the new neighborhood decorations and didn't see any pink pigs... *will look again*

Why would installing OFB add any of them to my hood anyway? usually you have to place any new neighborhood decorations yourself...
Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

:P

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 2006 March 09, 17:53:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought that was a big joke started by Trubble and friends.  I think that was in the thread that Blue deleted, so that's why you can't find it, Sleepycat. Smiley

* Tru whistles innocently and saunters off
Wink

A proud thread pirate.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2006 March 09, 18:44:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought that was a bug Jase discovered where sims could hit the "jackpot" when marrying or asking sims to move in across sub-neighborhoods?  I'm not sure of the details, but I've never had it happen to me.  Someone here had it happen a while back though, and posted a pic.  Jase has a fix on his forum for it at http://mysite.verizon.net/aestudios/sims2/index.htm.  It really doesn't make sense for a sim to get millions of dollars just for marrying or moving in a sim who hasn't even graduated yet. 
I had that when the two Tricou men lived in Veronaville's main hood and the girls lived in the house of fallen trees.  They both moved in with 4 million each.  needless to say motherlode is not necessary in the future for Veronaville.  But that was topped last night when the strangest thing happened.  I have a Greek house of all wealth guys.  All of them have 10 in creativity so the only thing they  do for fun is paint.  They range from 800-1000 a painting.  Well,the greek house started out with $150,000 and the next semester I noticed that they had  about $265,000.  I'm like what is going on even with the masterpieces and dean's list--that is too much.  I also have the excercise machines from Inge that bring in money.  Well, to make it short, they are juniors and are sitting on 9,000,000 simoleons.  Their money seems to be muliplying expodentially(??).
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 2006 March 10, 00:29:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I looked at the new neighborhood decorations and didn't see any pink pigs... *will look again*

Why would installing OFB add any of them to my hood anyway? usually you have to place any new neighborhood decorations yourself...

Thats what I thought but from what i've been reading about all the bugs, I spose anythings possible.

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 2006 March 10, 04:47:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I checked again...there aren't any floating pink pigs in the neighborhood decorations!  Undecided
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 2006 March 10, 18:56:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sleepycat I'm sure that the pink pig is featured in one of the pre-release neighbourhood shots.  I've got them in my game, in the neighbourhood screen (two of them) and my game is a brand new install from scratch.  The most I've had it running in real time would be 12 hours, if that.  Trubble and Twain's story was based on that house... you know, the one where the cabin was where that townie...you know, not that townie but the other one lived.  It kept the BBS busy for days.  Go figure! Grin

happy now :-)
Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

:P

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 2006 March 11, 00:05:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With contributions from Posie, a lot from LK and the others... THAT thread. Wink I hope that never gets deleted in some sort of BBS purge.

Moving on...

A proud thread pirate.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: 2006 March 11, 01:48:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sleepycat I'm sure that the pink pig is featured in one of the pre-release neighbourhood shots.  I've got them in my game, in the neighbourhood screen (two of them) and my game is a brand new install from scratch.  The most I've had it running in real time would be 12 hours, if that.  Trubble and Twain's story was based on that house... you know, the one where the cabin was where that townie...you know, not that townie but the other one lived.  It kept the BBS busy for days.  Go figure! Grin

Ok thank you, It was really only bugging me because no one else seemed to know anything much about them  and I never saw them in my hood before installing OFB, although I think I remember them being mentioned ages ago on another forum (nobody knew much about them then either). They showed up right after I had loaded the game the other night, haven't seen them since but I also keep forgetting to put my altered camera file back in  Roll Eyes so maybe they are floating out of sight  Cheesy

I was sort of aware of that story with that house, haven't actually read it though...atleast i don't think I have *laughs*
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 2006 March 12, 00:57:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I checked again...there aren't any floating pink pigs in the neighborhood decorations!  Undecided

Sorry Sleepycat, I was sure I saw them in the Neighborhood decorations but once again, I was wrong.  Undecided

miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 2006 March 12, 01:01:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They are not part of the neighbourhood decorations, I went mad trying to find it after seeing one floating across a hood to dissapear in the side of a hill.  I think it's some sort of thing like the Loch Ness Monster in the original Sims.  Anyone remember that?  You had to be in the neighbourhood screen for a while and not press anything for the monster to show up in the water.
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 2006 March 12, 01:57:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could make the Loch Ness monster in the TS1 neighborhood appear by bringing up the cheat box and typing in nessie. I wonder if there's something we can do to make the pig balloon appear.
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 2006 March 12, 02:01:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never knew that, I waited ages for it to appear too  Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: