More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 02:35:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  So Who Has OFB, Then?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: So Who Has OFB, Then?  (Read 30860 times)
The~Simmer
Corpulent Cretin

Never underestimate the power of the Schwartz!

View Profile
Re: So Who Has OFB, Then?
« Reply #50 on: 2006 March 02, 05:10:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got mine yesturday 2/28, I did the overnight delivery with EB Games. I went out today and got the game guide from Best Buy.
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2006 March 02, 05:45:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

just checked Amazon and it says my game will be dispatched soon, although delivery date was supposed to be 1st/2nd march  Angry
ah well, gives me time to shift out the dirty hacks JM lists and move the custom content elsewhere
i really hope my laptop will stand for another EP being chucked at it.......
you might find my copy on ebay very soon

I ordered OFB from Amazon as well. Delivery date was suppost to be tomorow but it wasn't until a couple of hours ago that I received noticed it had shipped. Delivery date is estimated at March 8th...what happened to my 2 day shipping is what I would like to know! Angry

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
MokeyHokey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2006 March 02, 13:27:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm...I'm debating whether to get this expansion...I'm not antsy for it like I was for Uni or NL...hmm...Kingdom Hearts 2 or Sims expansion...heck I don't even know what Sim would have a business...Yuffie maybe?  *sigh* I guess this expansion is on the backburner.   Undecided

Ugh, don't mention her name! I'm still pissed at her for taking all my stuff and it's been what, 10 years now?

Ahh, that's what tax returns are for! The EB guy was wishing he made commission the night my husband and I went in there to prepay for all the games we want that are coming out before August...and Yuffie will be back in April! (At least, if they don't push the release date AGAIN.  Tongue)
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2006 March 02, 14:00:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Amazon.ca
Items not yet shipped:
Delivery estimate: Mar 13 2006 - Mar 21 2006

* 1 of: Sims 2 Open for Business Expansion Pack

Hmmm.... I think I am going to cancel that order and just go pick it up myself
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2006 March 02, 14:55:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

whoot! my amazon order changed!! I've been checking on it alot and finally it changed! (edit to say that until now its just been saying "not shipped yet", delivery dates haven't changed...yet)

Items shipping soon:
Delivery estimate: March 2, 2006 - March 4, 2006

* 1 of: Sims 2: Open for Business : Prima Official Game Guide (Prima Official Game Guide)

Items shipping soon:
Delivery estimate: March 2, 2006 - March 4, 2006

* 1 of: The Sims 2: Open for Business Expansion Pack [CD-ROM]

Although I'm not sure how it could possible get here today  Roll Eyes
sadiebutterfly
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: 2006 March 02, 15:16:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine's been shipped!

(to be honest, I'd have preferred to wait until it was bugfixed and my favourite hacks were updated, but my sister wants her favourite ugly Romance sim to open a beauty salon and make the townies look even fuglier. Who am I to argue with that?)
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2006 March 02, 15:36:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seems like most of the hacks (on this site, anyway) are moving right along.  Already, a number of awesome hacks are ready. (Including Phone Hack! yay!)
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2006 March 02, 16:40:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Amazon order has changed as well: (Stuff in italics is my comments).
Items not yet dispatched:
Delivery estimate: 13 Mar 2006 - 24 Mar 2006 (That was the 3rd of March before!)

* 1 of: Sims 2: Open for Business: The Official Strategy Guide

Items dispatching soon:
Delivery estimate: 3 Mar 2006 (I'd love to know how this is going to arrive for tomorrow. Especially with the state of the postal system in this country! Though Amazon does normally get stuff I've ordered here for the next day anyway...)

* 1 of: The Sims 2: Open for Business Expansion Pack (PC CD)
    * 1 of: Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time (Nintendo DS)
Annoyingly, I'm away from my gaming PC at the weekend, so no OFB until Monday.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
smvb
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2006 March 02, 20:29:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe Amazon is fulfilling orders in roughly the order they were received. Mine still says the ship date is estimated to be the 6th, and I just pre-ordered it two days ago on the 28th, right before midnight. Took a long time to make up my mind whether I wanted to pre-order to get the extra mascot costume....

The stats say it is #1 seller in New York and #4 in Arizona.

Pretend I wrote something witty....
Avie
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2006 March 02, 22:06:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well as a mac-user for whom Nightlife is still in Alpha over at Aspyr I'm not likely to have OFB anytime before June or July at the earliest.
I sometimes REALLY hate this mac!!

PattyB
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2006 March 02, 22:33:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My copy arrived today. I've been spending a good portion of the afternoon going through my hacks and checking to see if they've been updated or not.

I'll be putting the game on later tonight and we'll see how it goes.

Not at all awesome
anelca
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2006 March 02, 23:01:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

got an email today that mines been shipped.  i didn't order it till 28th Feb so maybe i shouldn't have moaned Cheesy
shezoe
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: 2006 March 02, 23:27:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just deliberately tried that, and for me it works fine, so far at least. Baaaaah! I just filled my yearly quota of BBS reading. Thank you!  Tongue

Well, this is good to know! Sorry.... Embarrassed   lol

i wonder if one of the teleporter objects would get the family back? it worked for people stuck at work in a deleted custom career (?) i just installed it and played a little bit and so far-everything works-other than an initial scare where in spite of "enabling" custom content on the load up screen-ALL custom content was flashing blue. some of my simmies were walking around with a statue for an upper body-LOL! after using clean installer to enable all packages-everything seems fine though. i haven't tried an off home lot business yet, but i'm definately gonna be careful-geez!

"I had always felt life first a story: and if there is a story there is a story-teller."
~G.K. Chesterton~
AllenABQ
Feckless Fool

Contemplator of Fuzzy Things

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2006 March 03, 01:29:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Got mine at Best Buy after work today.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: 2006 March 03, 04:37:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Target for the win -- $29.99 plus purchasing it nets you a $5 gift card. Of course, I probably won't be installing it for a while, since I'd prefer to let other, less patient people find the bugs.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2006 March 03, 20:28:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just bought it at Gamestop for $35.  I haven't installed it yet, though.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2006 March 03, 23:40:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have it in my hot little hands (thank you Amazon)...no clue when I will install.  (Really busy weekend with the youngest kid in a play...)

Unlike the EP's before, I'm dying to start playing this one. 

Common sense says that I should wait until the dust settles....I just don't know if I can wait.

*taps foot, twiddles fingers *

Nope.  I don't think I can wait!

(not tonight tho, just got a call from the kid that he forgot to tell me he needs black shoes for the play and I have to find them and deliver post haste!)

Priorities?

Reality is for those who lack imagination.
Lyall
Dimwitted Dunce

Voodoo Snowman

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2006 March 04, 00:28:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just got it a few hours ago at EB Games. The game's installed and my hacks are all sorted out already. I'm about to finally play the game now. Hoping nothing explodes.  Grin

On a related note: I got the pre-order code without pre-ordering. He, I love my country. One of the few places where employees just don't seem to care with some games. (Keyword: some)

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall in an open sewer and die." - Mel Brooks
Pyrobon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2006 March 04, 01:24:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since noweone has said this, i will:

It's an amazing expansion pack! Smiley I enjoy it very much, but maybe thats because i enjoy its a very complex EP  Grin maybe thats bad for you, but i've never seen an EP for the sims (1 or 2) this deep before Cheesy Is like micro business management. So fun and addictive.
seven
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2006 March 04, 01:39:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Target for the win -- $29.99 plus purchasing it nets you a $5 gift card. Of course, I probably won't be installing it for a while, since I'd prefer to let other, less patient people find the bugs.

I just bought mine today at Target. It's a sweet deal! I didn't even think about them having it.

Just accept that it is smarter than you, and let it do its thing.   ~guess who
KnightSkyKyte
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2006 March 06, 04:47:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*sigh* This just means I have to re-download hacks all over again. And I was hoping for an update to the Romance Mod for NL...

I think I'll sit this EP out. Running a business sounds like too much work, I feel tired just thinking about it. 

I'll only buy it if I find out there is more than one really gorgeous new hairstyle for guys in it... and hoping for some new male clothes that are actually sexy is just totally unrealistic...

Yep. Think I'll sit this one out, unless there's something utterly compelling about it to make me want to buy it.

For male sim creations, check out my work on the InSimenator. For all my older works, check out my creations on MTS2.

*sigh* No, I am not male, why does everyone think that?
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2006 March 07, 00:36:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have it yet,  I think it will be awhile before I get it.   I cancelled my internet for a month so that I could take a break from downloading and get my files cleaned out.   Then my computer started acting strange and I was not even on the net,  I reformated and reinstalled windows and got my internet back, but that was only the beginning of my problems,  it kept shutting down and saying "boot disc failure, insert the system disc".    So, I had to reinstall and reformat windows 5 times this weekend.   It seems to be working pretty good at the present but if it starts acting up again, it is going into the shop for a diagnosis and a tuneup.    Angry

OFB, does not sound like much fun to me,  maybe by the time I get my computer straightened out they will have a patch out and I might buy it then.   
Pilot
Asinine Airhead

Reticulating Splines since 1989!

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2006 March 07, 02:21:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did a stupid thing and preorderd for EA. I had a $15 discount cupon and figured it was worth a day or two extra wait for a slow EA.
Needless to say it has almost been a week since releace, and three months since I preorderd the game and EA still says "Orderd".
To add salt on the wonds, their customer service SUCKS. No public phone numbers (none on their site at least) just some stupid text help crap that does not do anything. I'm close to driving up to Redwood City (5 or 6hrs from LA) and giving some poor secratary a piece of my mind.
It's not even the game I want so bad as it is the anger from shitty service I have gotten.
If there is a problem, delay, mishap, idiot employee breaking my game, anything, I want to know about it!
I want a place where I can talk to someone who speacks fluent english and is at the very least educated about EA. I would prefer that job stay in the States, but I can deal with it not being here so long as the people who I talk to KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT.
I'm getting to angry over this. Last time I buy from EA directly.

Will be first in line to buy "Spore"
Yes...I have a bit of a god complex....hehehehe
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2006 March 07, 03:37:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are they still here?

Maxis
2121 N California Blvd
Walnut Creek, CA  94596
Telephone: (510) 336-2947

If not you can contact EA games direct HQ line

Electronic Arts
209 Redwood Shores Parkway
Redwood City, CA  94065
Telephone: (650) 628-1500

Ask for Larry.

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
Pilot
Asinine Airhead

Reticulating Splines since 1989!

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2006 March 07, 03:57:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know Maxis moved in with EA a year(ish) ago. I'll try the EA HQ number during biz hours.
Thanks!

Will be first in line to buy "Spore"
Yes...I have a bit of a god complex....hehehehe
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: