More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 07:29:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  So Who Has OFB, Then?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: So Who Has OFB, Then?  (Read 30873 times)
MokeyHokey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: So Who Has OFB, Then?
« Reply #25 on: 2006 March 01, 19:16:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Our EB always gets them on the street date (which is NOT the ship date that you see in the online stores--it's almost always Wednesday). I just wind up having to wait for them to get their UPS shipment sometime before noon.
I'm installing now--sitting here with the "Please Wait" that I remember took something like 20 minutes with NL to finish whatever it is doing.

Are there any ads for the next EP?

Next EP? Nope. Ad for "Family Fun Pack" available in April, much like the Holiday pack.

"Decorate kids' bedrooms with complete Fantasy and Underwater-themed sets.
Redesign the family room with upscale Nautical furnishings
Dress your Sims' children in adventurous costumes or clothe the whole family in matching outfits for a group outing.
Ge in on all the family fun with over 60 new itmes including castle beds, sun dresses, tropical wall-hangings, and more!"

Ahem. Upscale NAUTICAL furnishings? Adventurous costumes?? You mean their clothing choices to date were not adventurous enough? *sigh*
Kala
Dimwitted Dunce

Stop Screwing!!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 March 01, 21:19:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm about to hop on the bus and get my coppy.  I'm going to do a clean installl. (does ti!!y roll pump)

You can spell and that's great.  What else can you do?  Being an ass doesn't count.
Melodic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 March 01, 21:31:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just got home with mine!  I am copying my downloads folder over to a cd before I install it though.  But I'll be playing in 20 minutes or so and thinking of you guys!   Wink
Tina G
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 March 01, 21:41:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd watch out for this if I were you guys....http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/community/bbs/messages.php?&openItemID=item.103,root.1,item.43,item.41,item.23&threadID=d27977566a1ec930b7baaa42ec257d69&directoryID=103&startRow=1#9c51347623002c2f6fddc30890652d92

Looks like a really BAD one!  Roll Eyes
pamysue
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 March 01, 21:45:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Best Buy is holding my copy to pick up after work.  And with the Rewards Zone card, it's only $23 US.  Smiley

It's a shame that stupidity isn't painful.
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 March 01, 21:47:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine is at EB games now. Can't get it till tomorrow though, and no free time until at least 3pm Friday, then it will take most of friday to sort out what hacks I have to remove, then as long as the phone hack still works i can start playing this weekend!

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 March 01, 21:48:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine is installed...adding back my hoods and downloads minus hacks now

lol@loading time taking 30 seconds without custom content...I almost love that enough that I wish I didn't use downloads

*cough*  Yeah right...*sigh* back to 5 minute loading

Fully prepared to be frusturated out of my mind now lol
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 March 01, 21:49:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Best Buy is holding my copy to pick up after work.  And with the Rewards Zone card, it's only $23 US.  Smiley

Lucky.  I should have just cancelled my preorder with Gamestop and went to best buy...I think it was a bit cheaper than other places.  I paid $35 freaking dollars so this EP better be damned good lol  It may only be $5 more than the places that had it on sale, but I'm cheap Cheesy
gypsylady
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 March 01, 22:17:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just got back from Game Stop with my copy getting ready to install.
MokeyHokey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 March 01, 22:42:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just deliberately tried that, and for me it works fine, so far at least. Baaaaah! I just filled my yearly quota of BBS reading. Thank you!  Tongue
Tina G
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 March 01, 23:35:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just deliberately tried that, and for me it works fine, so far at least. Baaaaah! I just filled my yearly quota of BBS reading. Thank you!  Tongue

Well, this is good to know! Sorry.... Embarrassed   lol
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 March 01, 23:43:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have one!  Its installing now!  I'll come back and tell you people what its like ina bout a week, when I'm almost bored with it.
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 March 01, 23:46:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, this is good to know! Sorry.... Embarrassed   lol
I'm glad you pointed it out. I've seen a few posts about that problem and it has me concerned. I'm really glad that it's working for MokeyHokey but I wonder why some people are plagued with it and others are fine. I'm probably going to go purchase my game tomorrow but I'm anxious that I'll be one of the ones that have to deal with that bug. It will be nice to know what is the cause of that bug.
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 March 02, 00:21:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

GGGRRRR.  I went to EB this morning and they told me it would be in after lunch, so I put a deposit on it and waited...and waited...and waited...and I'm still WAITING.  It's 10 oçlock at night .  SOB'  Cry
You should of per-order it I did and got it
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 March 02, 01:08:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, this is good to know! Sorry.... Embarrassed   lol

Can someone pls say what is on that post?  I can't go to BBS! I might go blind if I do. Thanks Grin

Go Away
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 March 02, 01:10:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Got it this morning after waiting for EB to ring me yesterday, they reckon they tried, but I don't think so.  Assholes made me wait 24 hours! Wink

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
pamysue
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 March 02, 01:19:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can someone pls say what is on that post?  I can't go to BBS! I might go blind if I do. Thanks

1st post in that thread  (I need a drink before reading further)

I've already got another problem. *sigh*
My Sim family bought a community lot business, then traveled there in their car and spent a bunch of time getting it started. I saw that I was able to save and everything there, figured it was because it was their business. I was happy to be able to save, and decided to try saving and quitting from there as it was getting late and I'd want to play again there the next day.

Saved and quit successfully, although the game gave me a message about how the next time I played I would have to start at the community lot and take my Sims home from there. Didn't have any problem with that.

Today, I went back into the game and first tried to enter the community lot directly. That didn't work, just loaded up the lot without a family, you know, the way community lots normally are when you go into them without a family. No problem, kind of figured that wouldn't work.

So then I went back to the neighborhood and clicked on the family's house. The plumbbob over their house was a darker green than usual and when I clicked to go in, it said that they were visiting the community lot so that's what would load up. So...game loads with the family screen this time, and eventually loads the community lot...but it was the same as before, with live mode grayed out with just buy and build mode.

What do I do? Not many people have OFP yet, I know, and most are too busy playing right now...but if anyone can help, please do

Can someone pls say what is on that post?  I can't go to BBS! I might go blind if I do. Thanks Grin

It's a shame that stupidity isn't painful.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 March 02, 02:48:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol. That's precisely what the BBS post says - he/she's got the exact same problem as you. Or are you the person on the BBS? Hmmm....
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 March 02, 02:49:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, idtminger, she was just posting the BBS post for the person who requested it.  Wink
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 March 02, 02:58:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I see. The last line threw me off. I thought she was asking. Cheesy
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2006 March 02, 02:59:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's just a quoting error.
BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

'cause I don't have anything else...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: 2006 March 02, 03:03:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm...I'm debating whether to get this expansion...I'm not antsy for it like I was for Uni or NL...hmm...Kingdom Hearts 2 or Sims expansion...heck I don't even know what Sim would have a business...Yuffie maybe?  *sigh* I guess this expansion is on the backburner.   Undecided

Poster Formerly Known as Chee-Z
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2006 March 02, 04:17:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry about your computer but I'm so glad it isn't the game itself. Smiley  What a shitty time for it to play up though! Sad

Thanks for the thought.  I was sitting there last night trying to install and having it get all flaky on me - I just wanted to cry.  It is still acting up today but as it has been raining everyone else is miserable with me (albeit for different reasons Cheesy)

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2006 March 02, 04:20:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm...I'm debating whether to get this expansion...I'm not antsy for it like I was for Uni or NL...hmm...Kingdom Hearts 2 or Sims expansion...heck I don't even know what Sim would have a business...Yuffie maybe?  *sigh* I guess this expansion is on the backburner.   Undecided

Ugh, don't mention her name! I'm still pissed at her for taking all my stuff and it's been what, 10 years now? Wink

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
anelca
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2006 March 02, 04:39:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

just checked Amazon and it says my game will be dispatched soon, although delivery date was supposed to be 1st/2nd march  Angry
ah well, gives me time to shift out the dirty hacks JM lists and move the custom content elsewhere
i really hope my laptop will stand for another EP being chucked at it.......
you might find my copy on ebay very soon
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: