More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 18:20:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Request: Talent Badge training progress bar .... Please? :)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Request: Talent Badge training progress bar .... Please? :)  (Read 15922 times)
Myth
Pinheaded Pissant

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

View Profile
Re: Request: Talent Badge training progress bar .... Please? :)
« Reply #25 on: 2006 March 06, 19:40:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A vampire servo would be rather difficult to play though as they need sunlight to recharge so you can see the difficulties there.

I haven't tried the bed, but my Servos can recharge by sleeping on the couch at night.  So it's possible that they would recharge in a coffin as well.

Rohina: Motion to Expel Myth from the Senate. Just testing an hypothesis. Nothing to do with the fact that she smells like ass.
Flowerchile: Have you be'd norty again Mythie?
Mythchick: No, I just followed Rohina around a little and now smell like ass.
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 March 06, 23:22:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Servos can supposedly use the coffin.

It may have to be outside, but who knows?

Servos are buggy. Anytime one of them even walks onto a lot as an autonomous sim I get error messages.

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
Myth
Pinheaded Pissant

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 March 07, 02:18:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I'm saying is the Servos need not recharge outside at all.  Their energy raises in a bed, a sofa and as you said a coffin.  The whole recharge in the sunlight is not necessary unless it is a preference.

Rohina: Motion to Expel Myth from the Senate. Just testing an hypothesis. Nothing to do with the fact that she smells like ass.
Flowerchile: Have you be'd norty again Mythie?
Mythchick: No, I just followed Rohina around a little and now smell like ass.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2006 March 07, 02:22:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Servos can supposedly use the coffin.

It may have to be outside, but who knows?

Servos are buggy. Anytime one of them even walks onto a lot as an autonomous sim I get error messages.

There was a discussion about the problem with Servo as a visitor in another thread... I assume it was a Servo-related thread but don't remember which one.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 March 07, 02:28:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I'm saying is the Servos need not recharge outside at all.  Their energy raises in a bed, a sofa and as you said a coffin.  The whole recharge in the sunlight is not necessary unless it is a preference.

How does the recharge speed in a bed/coffin/etc. compare to using sunlight? I've only just activated my first Servo and it seemed like it only took her an hour or two to recharge from half power to full when she went outside. If it's the same speed for beds, I might build her a little shed in the backyard so she has somewhere to hang her uhh... bow.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 March 07, 02:49:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried yesterday the badget training. My sim had 10 creativity and 10 mechanics. After I oreder him to make "many" toys, he built 10 toys, and got a Bronze badget (50% faster).

If he has less skills, I suppose he has to make 20 toys till he gets the Bronze.So you can count how many objects he has in his inventory.

Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 March 07, 03:08:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But be careful of the toy robots you make when you are earning the first badge.   If you put them out of the inventory onto a shop shelf to sell, some of them malfunction and start to spark and emit smoke.    If anyone besides a person who can repair them touches them they get a shock and then act silly for a bit.  The same thing will happen if you let you kiddie simmies play with them.   The higher the badge, the better quality of toys I guess.    I wonder if the malfunctioning toy would start a fire if you didn't notice what it was doing and just left it on the shelf?
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 March 07, 03:14:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For the Bronze badge my sim was able to do only Daisies bouquets. After that, he got an option for two more arrangements (forgot which, one of them was a tullip bouquet).

I think it's like cooking - you gain new options with each badge.
Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 March 07, 03:28:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, you are right Gali.  The toy robots come with the robot crafting station.   The toy robots are what you make while earning the bronze badge.    And the first ones can spark and smoke.    It's actually quite funny to watch an adult trying to play with one.     Anyone else notice the adults can all play with the new children's toys that are crafted in OFB?
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 March 07, 03:32:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The higher badge toys are better AND more deadly.

Make an evil kite and use it. Smiley

Webcest.
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 March 07, 03:33:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For the Bronze badge my sim was able to do only Daisies bouquets. After that, he got an option for two more arrangements (forgot which, one of them was a tullip bouquet).

the other option is wildflowers arrangement.

Go Away
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 March 07, 03:37:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not just you. It's a racket (sic?) I tell ya!   Tongue

First we had the game, then the expansions. And the guides used to be 10, then 15 and an e-guide for 10, now the guide is 20 and the e-guide is 13 (yes I know you can get the guide for 14 on Amazon but they aren't shipping for another 4-6 weeks  Shocked), then there's pay sites, and now we get bi monthly 'shopping packs. What's next, a need to get guides for those too?  Roll Eyes

I noticed the packing getting smaller for these games and expansions and the manuals getting ever more pathetic. It used to be that the manual told you the basics that you needed to know and the guide was for more stats if you wanted to get in depth. Now it seems like the guide is all but required. I admit to breaking down and buying the damned thing for this expansion (I didn't for the last two) because I just felt like I was shooting in the dark without it.

It does help but I am a bit peeved that I felt like I had to get it to play the game and that it costs so damned much. Hell, not that I need it, but they didn't even bothered to include the guide for the original game this time around.

Grrr... I will never get the guide. I rather spend money on my cc or other non simish stuff. I am seriously starting to believe those damn sims are living a better life than us, ya know. with all the money we are piling on them. They wear branded goods and expensive hair dos. I have RL cheap clothes and crap hairdo Sad and now with these primas to rip more $ out of us, sorry I am not falling into that black hole of Maxis exploition.

Say, do you feel you are shooting better in the light now that you got the guide? Those bi-shopping packs are a total rip off. I would say to resist all temptation and not get it. just skip any threads on those darn shopping packs in the forums and you'll be just fine.

Go Away
Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 March 07, 03:38:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL Jysudo.     I haven't had much play time with OFB yet.    Do you actually get the choice to make an evil kite?   Or is that one that actually has something wrong with it?     My simmie has made kites and has the second level badge.    No one has actually flown one of the kites yet though.  
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 March 07, 03:42:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The evil kite is the messed up one.

Its made of metal!

Sadly what happens destroys it, so You can't leave it like the cowplant as a trap to hurt or kill random people.

Webcest.
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 March 07, 03:46:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think they get shocked to death by lightning (some philiosohical simmers said its' maxis way of introducing weather *roll eyes*)
I haven't a evil kite yet. My employee too skilled for that.

Go Away
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 March 07, 03:51:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you put them out of the inventory onto a shop shelf to sell, some of them malfunction and start to spark and emit smoke.    If anyone besides a person who can repair them touches them they get a shock and then act silly for a bit.
You can repair the sparking ones?  I've just been deleting selling them via drag because I figured they'd hurt my customer rating if I sold them.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 March 07, 04:07:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, you can repair the toy robots.    I just ask the simmie who constructed it to repair it.   You can't get your simmie to take it off the shelf.   You have to go into buy mode and place it on the crafting bench or the floor.    Then click on the toy robot with the simmie active who has the badges for robot making.  The menu will come up to play or repair.    Then I just put it back into their inventory. 
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: