More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 02:01:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  #of friends for jobs hack request
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: #of friends for jobs hack request  (Read 8854 times)
Marquis
mistymage
Lipless Loser

View Profile WWW
#of friends for jobs hack request
« on: 2006 February 19, 01:29:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right now I have the "no friends needed" hack.. and it's nice but... is there any way a new hacked object could be made so that you get "stuck" at a job  while having  plenty of skills and having aquaintances?  I'd like to have a sim stuck as a fast food worker, be able to cook/sell paintings for big bucks etc and have as many friends as s/he wants without moving up the career ladder until I say s/he can.  Essentialy some way to confuzzle my game so that until I click "has 4 friends" or "has ten friends" it won't be able to turn hur into a chef.

And while I'm here.. what's up with webtvers having locked post topics?  I was going to post from webby (logged in as me)  but there was a warning saying something about the topic being locked and only admin or mods being able to reply.

Gnohmon's sims 1 objects
"It's like that hobbit/dragon thing. You cut off one head and.. it's an exercise in futility." -Andy, Dawn of the dead remake, 2004 = trolls on MATY
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: #of friends for jobs hack request
« Reply #1 on: 2006 February 19, 20:42:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe the harderjobs mod would help?

Zephyr Zodiac
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 February 19, 21:34:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't you just not develop one of the required skill for advancement.  That would leave the sim stuck in his job.
TheCheat
Corpulent Cretin

Yeah man. I'll gnaw your face off.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 February 19, 23:54:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't you just not develop one of the required skill for advancement.  That would leave the sim stuck in his job.

Forgot how to read, didn't you?

while having  plenty of skills and having aquaintances?

That's basically the whole point: mistymage doesn't want to have to leave one skill at a certain level in order to do that.

Take Cleaning for example. Some job levels that a person might want to let their Sim hold have a low Cleaning requirement, but that person can't stand Sims that clean slowly and inefficiently. Thus, this person would have a use for such a hack.
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 February 20, 00:05:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No I can read fine thank you and I didn't miss her comment that she wanted skills to be high.  However not all skills are important and neglecting one shouldn't matter all that much.
wishy-washy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 February 20, 01:05:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Careful, TheCheat. Your reply to someone who was only trying to help came off as a little rude. Undecided

You probably didn't mean it to be offensive, but it just came off that way. It's really none of my business I suppose, but I hate it when I see posts that aren't very considerate. Tongue

Be your own fish.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 February 20, 01:07:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The under-development "harder jobs" may provide the answers you seek, but with good skills (AND friends, you really should get rid of that!), you probably won't be stuck at a very LOW level.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 February 20, 02:15:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course, you could make them an elder, in which case they won't get very far in any job!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 February 20, 02:20:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course, you could make them an elder, in which case they won't get very far in any job!
Heh, there's an idea, making the dead-end teen/elder careers available to adults. Tongue

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 February 20, 02:23:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would certainly solve the problem!  and if mistymage decided he/she wants to move the sim up to chef, then just start him at the bottom of the legit. career!

Zephyr Zodiac
Marquis
mistymage
Lipless Loser

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2006 February 20, 05:15:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, there's an idea, making the dead-end teen/elder careers available to adults. Tongue

That's an excellent idea!  Now my trashy sims can live the life I intend them to while not burning down their shack: having plenty of friends to sit around and blow "bubbles" and having a job that just barely pays the bills!

I'll "squee" with delite if someone can come up with an easy to install hack for this.. SimPe is not for me!

~misty "been making magic all day.. when I can get my sons away from it!"

Gnohmon's sims 1 objects
"It's like that hobbit/dragon thing. You cut off one head and.. it's an exercise in futility." -Andy, Dawn of the dead remake, 2004 = trolls on MATY
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 February 21, 02:06:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The other possibility is you can go and download (or make) really shitty dead-end careers. Tongue

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 February 21, 02:15:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can just see them - Undertaker, Road-Sweeper, Sewer-Maintenance, Tele-Sales person.........

Zephyr Zodiac
Marquis
mistymage
Lipless Loser

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2006 February 21, 13:25:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The other possibility is you can go and download (or make) really shitty dead-end careers. Tongue

The only place I have ever seen careers is MTS2.. and those careers always are made with plenty of money at the last levels.  Anyone elso know of places to go to get new careers that work with all EPs?

I wish there was an easier way to make careers than SimPe.  My sims golf game has an easy editor for dialogue (so I have golfers spewing chunks and others offering to eat it... my sons giggle when that one shows up cos it uses their names).

I might be hallucinating but I think I vaguely recall Sims 1 having an easy to use career editor.. basically copy a career, change what you want to change and violah .. new career.  I suppose SimPe does the same but navigating the interface is beyond me.

Gnohmon's sims 1 objects
Database
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 February 21, 13:40:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

misty: I remember that program - it was easy.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 February 21, 14:07:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had that too - Job Creator!  And you could set the wages too.

Zephyr Zodiac
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2006 February 22, 03:49:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, why not?  Maybe some adult Sims married to high-earning career types would just like to get out of the house once in a while and earn some pocket money.  Or Sims who flunked out of college could scrape by for a while on low-end service jobs and wind up having to move back in with their parents in disgrace.  Hey, when OFB comes out, it might actually make sense for an adult to hold down a crappy job to make ends meet while they struggle to get their own business off the ground!  I like it...

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Marquis
mistymage
Lipless Loser

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2006 February 26, 23:06:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had that too - Job Creator!  And you could set the wages too.

I found the career creator for Sims 1.. and it was pretty easy to make my "ho" career..setting low wages and the skills needed as one progressed was fun!! The only parts I didn't do were the clothes and the chance cards.. I made a career icon of lips <g> I may go back and "finish" the job... depends on my mood. 

Now if only someone made a tool as easy to use as it for Sims 2!

Gnohmon's sims 1 objects
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 February 26, 23:47:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made a really good (I think) education career.  I think eventually I would have made a realistic medical career as well as a separate nursing career - it always annoys me how all the different kinds of medical career paths are all lumped together!  And they simply reused them in sims2, and in some careers didn't even bother to correct spelling mistakes!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: