More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 23:31:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Locked Wants Roll Away Bug?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Locked Wants Roll Away Bug?  (Read 3074 times)
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
Locked Wants Roll Away Bug?
« on: 2005 August 16, 06:49:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey peeps...

So... I vaguely recall someone posting about this before. This may have been back when we were on VS and I don't feel like searchin for that right now. Tongue Besides, I figure it may be better to just start a fresh new thread about it.

So I was wondering if anyone else had this problem? No Error Dialog Box popped up, and no Error Log was produced.

My sim is a Fortune Aspiration at Uni, just at the end of his First Freshman semester. I had his Class Performance bar maxed out and he was just waiting for his exam to roll around. I have twojeffs' class exam hack, and his exam was rescheduled for the morning (originally scheduled for after midnight Tongue).

Anyways, he went to bed and woke up, with the same 4 wants: Join a Greek House, Earn Money, Get on the Dean's List, Earn $100

I had Get on Dean's List locked. But, since he went to bed and woke up with the same wants, I then switched it over to lock the Earn $100 power want, since I knew that his performance was well enough that he would easily satisfy the Dean's List want. He went off to class, time flew by, and he returned, naturally fulfilling the Dean's List want. He got the Asp points, the wants rolled, and with it, the LOCKED Earn $100 power want went away!

As I said, I vaguely recall someone else mentioning this, and Pescado sort of responding with some disbelief. I didn't follow it up, as I figured it may be some hack conflict or just some random Maxian bug. But now that I actually experienced this myself, I'm wondering if anyone else has gotten this, and whether it has been discovered/confirmed to be an actual bug or the unforeseen side effect of some hack?

The majority of my hacks, as always, mostly consist of Pescado and twojeffs' fixes and toys. With a few individual hacks here and there like JenFlower's homework sometimes faster fun thingie and teen woohoo, fwiffo's and almecho's alien related hacks, some of dizzy's food, burgular, and other recent hacks, crammyboy's cock and nude hacks, and various woohoo related stuff (Casual WooHoo, random preg, risky WooHoo, etc.).

I have the newest version of the InSimenator, which looks like it has been overhauled in such a way as even the Sim version should theoretically no longer conflict with other hacks that mod the sim personal menu (I'm still using the Obj version anyways, to be on the safe side).

I currently do not use any of Carrigon's stuff, LizziLove's or the InTeenimater. I have some of that stuff in my Hack Testing account to play with until more stable, reliable version's are available. Or just to fuck around with really.

So... I don't know what could cause this, unless it is something that rarely slips out due to some hack? Or it is just a rare random Maxian bug that is hard to find/detect the cause?

Ste

Other than the InSimenator and the Lot Debugger, I don't have any of the more cheaty type adjuster mods/hacks, like twojeffs' college adjuster or Pescado's college clock. Again, I don't believe in using these cheaty type hacks, and I only use the Lot Debugger and InSimenator for debugging/testing/emergency purposes.

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
Re: Locked Wants Roll Away Bug?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 August 16, 10:12:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the want rolled away because it was met - the grants they get when they return from exams count as money earned.

Ness
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 August 16, 10:41:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wouldn't really say the College Clock qualifies as even "cheaty", given that its primary function is to keep sims on the same lot synchronized so they don't all start getting large time difference when you visit community lots....and to END THE SEMESTER after it has started to drag out into boring tedium with the grade meter already maxed!

However, I still don't have any explanation for what would cause a LOCKED want to reroll, but in your case, yes, the want was simultaneously satisfied because earning money from finals performance counts as money earned, which satisfied the want.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 August 16, 15:45:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahh. Duh me. What a fucking dunce.  Lips sealed I didn't even think about that! Am I fucking slow or what?  Embarrassed Durr...

As for the college clock, when you say synchronize, do you mean sims that all started out at the same time? What if you add more sims later? Obviously their college semester will be different. I've done this in one household as a way to sort of have freshmen, sophs, jrs, etc. so that there is a sense of class deviation or whatever.

So, if you use the clock to syncrhonize, does that force other sims that are in other semesters/years also synchronize? It doesn't allow you to individually sync up sims, it pretty much is a blanket thing for the whole lot, right?

Ste

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: