More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 11:14:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  quick question
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: quick question  (Read 4831 times)
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
quick question
« on: 2006 September 09, 03:37:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How many townies and downtownies are there normally in a new hood? I normally zap them all because I don't really like townies, but I need to make some for my apocalypse hood.

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: quick question
« Reply #1 on: 2006 September 09, 07:29:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

According the Enhanser, the first CAS character in a new hood is named "user 276".

Soylent Sim
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 September 09, 08:30:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Out of curiosity, how many townies do you think you'll want roaming around?  I don't remember the regen threshold off the top of my head, bit would it be more or less than that?  You might also want to make your own, as normal townies seem a bit well-kept for the end of society as we know it.

BTW, gali, are you using all the subhoods?  If rohina isn't, that'll cut down her numbers notably.  By reference, I have a main hood with no subhoods, and 160 total sim files.  That includes a few playables and service NPC's, although I can't remember who I added when to get a more exact basic townie count.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 September 09, 13:14:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Creating a custom neighborhood will add all of Pleasantview's townies and NPCs to it. There's about 30 townies and probably about the same number of NPCs. Adding other sub-hoods will add more townies/NPCs/dormies/downtownies.

Fail.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 September 09, 14:05:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uni adds another 49 or so, and I think NL adds at least 40 or 50.  OFB only adds about 12 or 13 new maxis-mades, but only if you actually use Bluewater Village.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 September 09, 15:09:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sound about right, Sara and Joe. I just made a new neighborhood and used  deleteAllCharacters only for the main hood. I used the debug townie generator and it made 30 townies. I added a Uni and a Downtown, and let those generate their usual characters, no shopping district yet. I used TJ's romance mod to tokenize the sims, and it informed me that it added tokens for 134 sims. I'm pretty sure that the tokens are spawned for all sims, even NPC's. Although I don't know whether it does it for the special NPC's. If not, the figure 140 to 150 should be right on the money.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 September 09, 19:24:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks veilchen and Sara. I want to have a reasonable pool of choices, since my Apocalypse family are going to have to find townie spouses. It's going to be a very interesting neighbourhood, that's for sure.  Cheesy

veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 September 09, 20:57:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rohina, you're playing that one? With taking lots of pictures and such? Like, for a story that you are planning to publish?

*Pushy? Who, me? Never!*

~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 September 09, 21:29:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am preparing to play it. Hence my new hood. Hence my need to know about townie numbers, because I thought that a post apocalyptic hood might be more... atmospheric with a few mutants wandering around.

veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 September 09, 22:14:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have fun, and I know you will. Personally, I admire anyone who can keep her/his head wrapped around those rules. I only read through it once though, but it seemed to be a lot to remember.

Have you decided which restrictions to lift first? Or is it against the rules to tell Wink

It will be interesting to follow along as people play. Personally, I can't do challenges. I can't stick to other peoples rules long enough, I make up my own as I move along.

Good luck, Rohina. BTW I'm sure you know that already, but Trey has made up a chart of some sort that is intended to help people.

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 September 10, 07:18:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I need to get another legacy chapter out before I start playing the challenge, but my hood is nearly ready. There are some pretty strange inhabitants, some of whom seem to have some odd beliefs about clothing.

joanm
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 November 09, 03:23:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BTW I'm sure you know that already, but Trey has made up a chart of some sort that is intended to help people.

Out of something resembling temporary insanity. where might I find this chart?

Joan
Wedgetail
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 November 09, 03:56:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BTW I'm sure you know that already, but Trey has made up a chart of some sort that is intended to help people.

Out of something resembling temporary insanity. where might I find this chart?

Joan

If I had to hazard a guess I'd say you'd find it over at the Simposieum here http://www.simposieum.net/index.php?  Smiley

I live like I type, fast with a lot of mistakes...*sigh*

My imaginary friend thinks you've got serious mental problems...
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 November 09, 11:36:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure that the tokens are spawned for all sims, even NPC's. Although I don't know whether it does it for the special NPC's.

No.  You have to add tokens from the adjustor for maids, professors, mascots, etc.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: