More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 07:45:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Mod idea... adults get want to have a grandchild.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Mod idea... adults get want to have a grandchild.  (Read 3441 times)
Syera
Exasperating Eyesore

A well-stocked toolkit can fix anything...

View Profile WWW
Mod idea... adults get want to have a grandchild.
« on: 2005 August 10, 15:03:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As it stands, it seems that only Elders can want to have a grandchild.  Adults with grown children won't want to have a grandchild.  In the real world, many people with grown children are happy to be grandparents before they themselves can be classified as Elders.  And besides, doesn't it just feel a little off when an Adult Sim with Adult parents has a child... and the minute the parents age-transition, they want a grandchild?  Hello?  What about THIS grandchild?!

Now, I really don't know how the TS2 programming works per se.  But this was a concept I was thinking about a few days ago.  So, I don't know how possible it is, but here's my thoughts...

-The game would check to see if a Sim, regardless of age, had any offspring in the Adult life-stage.
-If that checked out true, then the game would consider the Get a Grandchild Want as a possiblity.

If this is possible, I'd love to see this made.

The BogSims Institute - We've been updating these days...
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Re: Mod idea... adults get want to have a grandchild.
« Reply #1 on: 2005 August 10, 15:10:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hadn't noticed that adult Sims don't get a grandchild want, but you're probably right.  In any case, I don't think it's all Sims who want grandchildren, in my game it seems to be just Family & Romance Sims who ask for them.  Maybe that needs altering, too.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 August 10, 15:46:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had family sims with all adult children get the want, and most sims start wanting grandkids after their first one, but it's not strong enough to run over the standard adult wants like the elder tree.
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 August 11, 04:31:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had family sims with all adult children get the want, and most sims start wanting grandkids after their first one, but it's not strong enough to run over the standard adult wants like the elder tree.

I've started to get annoyed with Family Sims who suddenly DON'T want babies the moment they get hitched (Dustin Pleasant, you who changed aspirations at Uni, that means you!).  The only person in that family who wanted a baby at that time was romancer Daniel Pleasant wanting a grandchild.  And NOW Dustin decides he wants a baby.

Jeeves, Cass Goth wanted babies every time she turned around!  Thankfully she's hit menopause and has stopped nagging me about it - you've got four children, plus two stepchildren from Darren (Darren's alien baby girl, Darian, plus Dirk), deal with it!

<insert witty comment here>
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: