More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:18:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Vampire Skin Fixes (plus makeup that shows correctly on vampires)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Vampire Skin Fixes (plus makeup that shows correctly on vampires)  (Read 23698 times)
Argon
Juvenile Jackass

What Would Brian Kinney Do?

View Profile WWW
Vampire Skin Fixes (plus makeup that shows correctly on vampires)
« on: 2006 February 19, 08:26:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

RTFM:
Subtle Vampire Replacement (V2) for TS2NL v1.0-1.0p2
Made by: Argon/PatchesSim2 (same person)

Fixes the many Maxian errors with the Nightlife Vampire skin and adds templates for making normal makeup for Vampires.

INSTALLATION:
Copy the file(s) to
C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\My Documents\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\Downloads

FEATURES:
 Things Fixed-
  AF Body no longer uses the EM Body texture
  YA no longer use the Adult face texture (corrected to Teen)
  TF is no longer bright blue
  AM Fangs now have a texture (were completely white)
  Beards no longer turn blue

Known Issues-
  Makeup and Stubble will still not look correct
  Fangs use texture from S1 (Light skintone)
  TF will still have a vampire texture that is a mix between TM and TF.

Additions-
  Alien Contacts (to keep black eyes as a vampire)
  Templates for makeup that looks correct on Vampires (default skin included)

COMPATIBILITY:
Tested for TS2NL v1.0p2
Should not conflict with other custom content.

FINAL NOTES:
Don't modify the base package (ArgonVampireSkinFixes.package), and don't redistribute any content made using the templates (Makeup in ArgonVampireSM.package) without crediting me for the original.

The templates were designed to work with the Maxis Default skin if you choose to do so; you can also modify existing content using this list:

Blush-4C
Eyeshadow-4D
Eyeliner-4E
Face Paint-4F
Lipstick-51
Stubble-53 (no template)
Beard-54 (no template)
Contacts-55 (the Alien contacts use this)

To use these, simply open the package you want to change in SimPE and change the "layer (dtUInterger)" line to match the numbers above.

[original download 404'ed!]

* ArgonVampireSkinFixes.rar (229.73 KB - downloaded 1067 times.)
« Last Edit: 2006 March 23, 00:12:49 by Argon » Logged

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia Ge-Force GTS 450 1GB, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, WSXGA+ (1680x1050), Windows 7 Pro x64

Laptop: Sony VAIO VPCYB15KX, AMD Dual-Core E-350 1.60 GHz, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6310, WXGA (1366x768), Windows 7 Pro x86
SimSherry
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Vampire Skin Replacement (plus makeup that shows correctly on vampires)
« Reply #1 on: 2006 February 19, 15:23:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm very anxious to put this to use, thanks so much for sharing!  Looks fantastic!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 February 19, 16:16:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These "fixes" you mention: Are they a fix of a previous version, or are they actual bugs in the core game? If so, can these fixes be packaged into a standalone package?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Argon
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 February 19, 16:19:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They are actual bugs in the core game, I could do a standalone package but then the teen female texture would still be incorrect (as well as the face textures since they cover the teeth and prevent elders from having their usual yellow; fangs and teeth don't match).

Maxis made a few stupid typos/mistakes but left them because the skin still "worked".
« Last Edit: 2006 February 19, 16:30:52 by Argon » Logged

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia Ge-Force GTS 450 1GB, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, WSXGA+ (1680x1050), Windows 7 Pro x64

Laptop: Sony VAIO VPCYB15KX, AMD Dual-Core E-350 1.60 GHz, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6310, WXGA (1366x768), Windows 7 Pro x86
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 February 19, 16:30:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They are actual bugs in the core game, I could do a standalone package but then the teen female texture would still be incorrect.

Maxis made a few stupid typos/mistakes but left them because the skin still "worked".
I recall a Shaklin person had a seperate fix for that. Let's see that standalone package.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Argon
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 February 19, 16:47:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*sticks out tongue at Pescado*

[404'ed!]

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 February 19, 17:29:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shaklin's package simply contains tfbodyvampire-pale_txtr, so Maxis' typo is corrected. It looks like Argon's 'Fixes' package changes the eyes as well. I haven't yet inspected the other packages.

Argon: question about one fix -- YA no longer use the Adult face texture (corrected to Teen). Does this change ALL YAs or just vampires? And if just vampires, why? I thought normally YA's use Adult face textures?
Argon
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 February 19, 17:58:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shaklin's package contains a texture, not a Material Definition (that is where the typo is). In fact her fix simply uses the AF body texture, which is normally unused because of the typo in the material definition.

YA use the teen face; it's the teen texture, but with the adult face model. With females, it's the same texture either way, so it's more of a male only fix. Also something interesting... Adult males have darker ears for now apparent reason, and they go back to the lighter color when they become elders (not just with the vampire skin, but with the normal skins in the game too).

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 February 19, 18:49:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Got it, thanks for the clarification.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 February 20, 09:52:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*sticks out tongue at Pescado*
Is this the version that contains purely the fixes for wrong textures, beards turning blue, etc., no skin changes, just default? Is that one available as a standalone anywhere? Cuz I noticed there was a very blue-looking eye with your name on it...what's that for?

Argon
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2006 February 20, 20:19:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh oops, I forgot to take that out... anyway, you can use that to make the vampire eyes a different color, like contacts but without affecting Turn On/Offs. There's also an alien set, that only shows up for the alien skin tone (because it seems weird for them to suddenly have red normal looking eyes).

*Latest edit: Since no one seems to care for my original download, I have removed it and left the ugly Maxian defaults.
« Last Edit: 2006 March 22, 04:20:37 by Argon » Logged

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Vampire Skin Fixes (plus makeup that shows correctly on vampires)
« Reply #11 on: 2006 July 05, 22:31:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry to resurrect this somewhat older thread, but I just found this and downloaded it.  There's two package files in the .rar -- I assume both are needed?

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2006 July 05, 22:48:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually joe, thanks for resurrecting this.

* syberspunk presses the Thanks button! Grin

I hadn't noticed this before. I had thought the patch(es) were supposed to have fixed this, but I noticed that even OFBp1 did Not fix it. I ended up searching around for a fix and went to shaklin's site to get hers.

But now that you've brought this thread back up, I'm a bit confused by the messages above. Soo... can someone clarify, does this fix include shaklin's fix, and is it 'better' than her fix? Is it an essential fix that fixes other bugs? That seems to be the implication. I did a conflict check with dizzy's tool and it does conflict with shaklin's fix. So I assume it includes that fix and does more. What I'm wondering is, is this 'extra' stuff actually a fix for other actual bugs?

I don't really need details I guess, just a simple yes will do, and I will greatfully download, install and baaaaaaaaaaaaaeeeeeee on my way. Cheesy

Ste

There really shoudl be a sheepie smiley icon.

Argon
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2006 July 06, 16:18:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*is currently on vacation*

Yes it includes shaklin's fix, but not in the same way, that one used a copy of the "unused" adult female texture (which isn't used because of a Maxian typo). This fix is purely cosmetic, so it's not really needed, but if you want the game to use the right textures then you should use it.

Sorry about that, the messages above are confusing because I originally posted a version with my own textures included in the main package, but JM complained so I changed it.

There are two files, one with just the fixes and another that allows you to make makeup that won't be covered (turn blue) when it's used on a vampire Sim.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 July 06, 16:20:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wonderful, thanks!

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 July 12, 21:30:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are your own textures like the one in your icon? I've been trying to find a not-blue vampire replacement skin.
I tried Enayla's replacement, but I wasn't looking for pure white. XD
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 July 13, 15:15:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are your own textures like the one in your icon? I've been trying to find a not-blue vampire replacement skin.
I tried Enayla's replacement, but I wasn't looking for pure white. XD

Yes his avatar uses his "Vampire Overlay". But i am not sure if it is includet here. The above message says no.
*Latest edit: Since no one seems to care for my original download, I have removed it and left the ugly Maxian defaults.

you could get it here:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=92744
« Last Edit: 2006 July 13, 15:31:41 by Havelock » Logged
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 July 13, 17:26:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

w00t!  Smiley
Argon
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2006 July 13, 23:03:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's the older version of it yes, I have tweaked it since posting it on MTS2.

I could send it to you if you want it.
« Last Edit: 2006 July 13, 23:13:04 by Argon » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: