More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 12:21:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Xtreme Dorms / Boarding Houses
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Xtreme Dorms / Boarding Houses  (Read 10763 times)
Grater
Blathering Buffoon

It burns!

View Profile
Xtreme Dorms / Boarding Houses
« on: 2006 February 17, 20:26:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm refining the vanishing room technique. By using moveobjects any number of Myne doors can be stacked in one location, creating a very discrete vanishing closet allowing an arbitrary number of dormies to live on the lot. This opens up new possibilities in dorm design.

For best results claim the myne door last and (for Nightlife) use the most awesome No Uni Invulnerability For Dormies.

This is an 8 bed boarding house using a vanishing closet hidden beneath the stairs. It's a 4 bedroom, 2 story house built on a 2x3 lot, with a driveway and car. Comes complete with a cafeteria worker and pretty much everything needed for skilling up and engaging in The Sport of Kings. Clicky the image to get it from the exchange.

Sometimes you don't want a giant huge laggy dorm of doom. So this is a dorm built as a tiny 4 student flat on a 2x2 lot with fairly minimal stuff (definitely not a luxury dorm), designed for a couple with a few flatmates to help pay the expenses. Instead of a vanishing closet a vanishing garden shed is used. This flat doesn't have a cafeteria cook, remember to feed your dormies or they'll DIE. Unless of course you want them to die, you evil person you.
« Last Edit: 2006 February 17, 21:33:50 by Grater » Logged
Database
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Xtreme Dorms / Boarding Houses
« Reply #1 on: 2006 February 17, 22:12:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Neat! Thank you, this is great.
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 February 17, 22:23:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Merci que c'est grand !

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
Grater
Blathering Buffoon

It burns!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 February 17, 22:43:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* Grater is oddly distracted by Simsbaby avatar.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 February 18, 11:33:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great idea! Grin

Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 February 19, 02:21:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, those are awesome. I feel a bit nervous about making dorms myself, or even enabling the dorm build mode cheat thing, but I always hated the way the dormies disappeared in their rooms. I'll definitely be downloading these. Smiley

I just downloaded NoUniProtect, too. I wonder how long the dormies will last in the smaller dorm, without a cafeteria...

Ms_Tamany
Blathering Buffoon

Utterly unAwesome

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 February 19, 03:30:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Let me see if I understand this 'vanishing room' technique.  You stack a pile of dorm doors in front of a closet, and let all the dormies claim one, so all the dormies end up going through their particular dorm door into the closet, where they all 'live'?  Is that about right, or am I way off-track here?

Tammy

-----
This sig don't say nothing.
Grater
Blathering Buffoon

It burns!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 February 19, 03:54:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Basically, altough they don't live in the closet they only visit it.
The name "Vanishing Room/Closest/Shed" is actually a bit of a misnomer, if it were a normal dorm it is where they would go to vanish, except because the area is too small + you claimed the last door into the room they wont actually vanish and will instead immediately go do something else... hopefully constructive. Basically every so often they'll wander to the closet, step into it, then step back out. As if they needed to get something from it.

Note: Sometimes it's hard to target the last myne door, try targetting from the inside of the room instead. Also if a new dormie moves in (ie an old one got.. misplaced), have one of your sims unclaim then reclaim the myne door.

I just downloaded NoUniProtect, too. I wonder how long the dormies will last in the smaller dorm, without a cafeteria...
Until you forget to feed them ...  Grin.

Actually since there will only be 2-3 dormies they'll be easy to feed. I've kept a 10-bed dorm fed only serving a couple of meals a day (so some dormies would go hungry sometimes).
Also, if you install a giant pineapple the juice will sustain them indefinitely.
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 February 19, 09:04:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Until you forget to feed them ...  Grin.
Oh, I don't intend to feed them. *evil grin*

Grater
Blathering Buffoon

It burns!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 February 19, 09:20:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

dormies are sim-people too. Sad
Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 February 25, 13:25:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy thats good (ur from NZ cool I'm from NZ too) Undecided I guess you will be confused at this one

<Annan> Kofi is such an ass. She never responds when I try to be nice.

*Ella whine*
<Kiki> of course I give you shit...I can't stand you. I think you're an abortion 23 years too late.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 05, 02:48:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like this idea, but rather than claiming the last door, I'd rather a) have more than one playable Sim in the dorm, and b) give playable Sims at least one room that they can lock the dormies out of to keep them from hogging the bed/computer/whatever I want my playable Sims to have access to. Of course, there are other ways to have a locked door.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 05, 06:07:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like this idea, but rather than claiming the last door, I'd rather a) have more than one playable Sim in the dorm, and b) give playable Sims at least one room that they can lock the dormies out of to keep them from hogging the bed/computer/whatever I want my playable Sims to have access to. Of course, there are other ways to have a locked door.

In Open for Business, all normal Maxis doors are lockable, with options on who to lock in/out. I can't see myself ever using the dorm doors for that function again. Smiley (I just have to hope that OFB will work on my own computer, which is already slow with just Uni and NL)

julialenn
Blathering Buffoon

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 June 28, 23:52:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know, I know, necromancy is bad.
Unfortunately, these two great dorms aren't on the exchange anymore, so I was hoping somebody still has them.
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 June 30, 19:14:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like to second this request.

Quote from: Esoteric PolarBear
"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: