More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 19:41:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Ye Olde Simmes 2 Archives: Dead Creators
| |-+  Ye Olde Syberspunke Archives (Moderator: syberspunk)
| | |-+  Testers Wanted: Ownable Carpool Comm Lot Fix - (Obsolete for Bon Voyage)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Testers Wanted: Ownable Carpool Comm Lot Fix - (Obsolete for Bon Voyage)  (Read 55524 times)
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
Re: Testers Wanted: Ownable Carpool Comm Lot Fix - (Updated 4/22/07)
« Reply #50 on: 2007 August 22, 06:21:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This hack works perfectly for me, however I do not have any servos at the moment.  I do like this hack, and hope that you keep updating it, Ste.  Maybe that's because I am lazy and I do not like going through all of the effort of setting up a group outing and then having to disband it once I get to the community lot.  First you have to ask everyone you want to join, then when you get there if you forget to disband the outing the other sims keep trying to follow you around.  I much prefer the "Will so and so be coming?" pop up.

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
ghostchoir
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2007 August 22, 10:05:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone tried this with the Community Time Project?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2007 August 22, 14:06:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, Ste -- yes, I was confusing this with Monique's 'bring home from work' hack, which I replaced with your version the other day.  So my bad. Tongue

I have the latest version of this in the game, and it does have the problem with more than 2 sims going off to the comm lot, regardless of whether one is a servo or not.  I tried it with another household last night that's 2 parents and a kid, and only the kid got the call to go to the car; the other parent never did.

ETA: To prevent a double-post -- is this pretty much obsoleted by BV, since the 'Walk to...' dialog has a nice 'choose who's going with you' dialog?  Or are you planning on incorporating that feature in this for cars?

« Last Edit: 2007 September 11, 21:38:57 by jsalemi » Logged

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
syberspunk
Heretic

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: 2007 September 12, 14:43:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hrm... I haven't looked at the Walk to option yet... I suppose it would be nice if you could change it.

I did notice that the BV code for this has been like totally revamped.  It now consists of only 4 lines.  They created two separate BHAVs, one that checks whether a sim can join you (my guess is that it skips babies, toddlers, and pets) and one that imagine now contains the code that actually makes the sim queue up to get into the car.  I didn't look at either of those BHAVs, so it could very well still be borked.  I just quickly slapped an update together so that the hack would at least be compatible with BV.  If I get a chance, I may take a look at the Walk to code and see if I could hax0r that dialog into this carpool stuff.  Thanks for the suggestion. Smiley

Ok... it looks like this has been confirmed (not by me) to be obsolete, and thus no longer needed as of BV.  Remove the latest version from your game, as it is no longer needed.  If you have Seasons or older, it probably will still work.

Ste
« Last Edit: 2007 September 12, 19:14:03 by syberspunk » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: