More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 11:17:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  What is that want?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What is that want?  (Read 11613 times)
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
Re: What is that want?
« Reply #25 on: 2006 February 17, 17:42:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you aren't playing with No20Khandout, though, it can be a good move for a poor family - teen grows up, moves out, then moves back with a 20K bonus!

This is one of the major reasons I am grateful for the no-20K handout mod.  A couple can, for example, get divorced and then reconcile and move back in together without creating money out of thin air.

The big drawback, I'm finding is that when you start a new neighborhood, and your first Sim starts as a student, he's really poor.  Sleeping in an empty lot with a piece of lawn furniture for a bed poor.  It's an interesting challenge in its own way, but it means his plans for children, etc., are on hold for a long time.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 February 17, 19:13:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do the same thing ZZ. Before I found Reg's, Witch's and Emma's houses it was shocking how many of the downloadable houses were nice to look at but singularly unplayable.

Oh, this is normally my own houses - some made a while ago and which have families living in them.  So I package the lot and clean up with Clean Installer, but often they have a lot of custom content in, so I put them into my Build game so I can change everything to Maxis - although I do have some FSF walls and floors there.  But I do usually now put any downloaded houses in just to check out what's in them!

Zephyr Zodiac
Taz
Lipless Loser

Whatever.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 February 17, 19:32:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I'll try that version, Taz, though it's very rare that I use this kind of cheat - mainly only in my test neighbourhood where when I've cleaned up/created a house I need to put a family in to test it - so obviously if the house is 150K, I need to cheat!  And this is quicker than moving them to a cheap lot and Motherloding!  (If I can get it to work..... I'll try when I feel like house-building again)

That is what I generally use it for myself ZephyrZodiac. I like to "test drive" my homes first since what appears to be a reasonable layout to a human, often is not where a sim is concerned i.e. tons of foot stomping and arm waving.

Fascinating.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 February 17, 19:36:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Exactly!  And the worst offenders are made by?........  You've probably guessed it!

Zephyr Zodiac
Taz
Lipless Loser

Whatever.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 February 17, 19:39:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It wouldn't happen to start with an M now would it?  Cheesy

Fascinating.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 February 17, 19:49:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It might indeed!

Zephyr Zodiac
Grater
Blathering Buffoon

It burns!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 February 17, 20:02:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The big drawback, I'm finding is that when you start a new neighborhood, and your first Sim starts as a student, he's really poor.  Sleeping in an empty lot with a piece of lawn furniture for a bed poor.  It's an interesting challenge in its own way, but it means his plans for children, etc., are on hold for a long time.

- Gus

This is where the Inventory helps. A student should earn something like at least 10K over their uni career, then all that crap can be lugged home in the inventory.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 February 17, 22:29:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only for those who have NL, though, and some people don't!

Zephyr Zodiac
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2006 February 18, 04:34:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Before NL, I used to strip the house (most of my uni sims live in private residences) bare. Everything would go!

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: