More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 15:02:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Move-in and move-out woes
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Move-in and move-out woes  (Read 2961 times)
seventhson
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Move-in and move-out woes
« on: 2006 February 19, 02:17:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As everyone already knows, my game is insane. But this is beyond the point of normal madness.

Situation one: Two adult Sims and their teen daughters. One of the adults had recently rerolled her aspiration, and come up Romance, so I decided to move her partner and the kids out so she could party by herself for a while. The move-out worked; partner and kids in the Sim Bin ready for a new home. But somehow during it, her younger sister ended up in her house, instead of in the main family home where she should have been. I am fairly sure she was not on the lot at the time of being randomly moved in.

Two: Same family, different branch. The younger sister of the now-Romance Sim was moving to college with her brother. They got there fine, but upon being placed in the house, their toddler sibling was there as well. He had definitely not been moved out with them; I sent them to uni via the bring-students-to-the-Uni-Sim-Bin option thing. Sorry, not very coherent right now.

In case it makes any difference: the neighbourhood is pretty much brand new, has one Uni and one Downtown, both Maxis standards. Anyone know what's doing this? I've been moving people back to the right places via the teleporter painting, but it's becoming annoying.

Edit: And now the two college kids are meeting three professors when they go to class instead of two.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: Move-in and move-out woes
« Reply #1 on: 2006 February 19, 02:21:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is needless to say WEIRD, you got any move in hacks for kids and younger?  Could be that one of those is screwing things up somehow maybe.
seventhson
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 February 19, 02:24:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, LFox, just the teleporter painting I've been using to send people back where they came from.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 February 19, 02:27:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, LFox, just the teleporter painting I've been using to send people back where they came from.

That's very weird then, i'm really not sure what it could be.  Its even more odd that it's a rather new neighbourhood a old one would be understandable.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 February 19, 03:19:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you try to install Patch No. 2 from the BBS?

May be these weird glitches will stop. After I installed the Patch, all sims were standing in a default position, and many glitches dissapeared.

As I don't have many hacks, so I left the Downloads folder in the game. No troubles at all. If you have many hacks, it's worth to copy/past the Downloads folder to the desktop.

I add the list of the hacks I have.

[404'ed!]
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 February 20, 02:36:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could try TJ's No Meeting Professors, then they won't met any at all!.  As to your main problem, I haven't a clue how there are sims moving in who shouldn't be.

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: