More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 10:50:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Damn alienware hack
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Damn alienware hack  (Read 22588 times)
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
Damn alienware hack
« on: 2005 August 08, 19:33:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been downloading and installing houses in my game today, and I'm blown away by how many have contained the "alienware; everything but the saucer" hack. That will be the only other thing on the list in "clean installer" besides "lot segment for upload" in an unfurnished house. Of course, since I use clean installer I avoid it, but I'm just curious as to why this hack is so prevalent in downloaded houses? What's so "special" about it? I don't mean "what does it do?", I mean, is it some virus-like hack that is sneaking up on people who are uploading these houses, or is it hard for them to detect and/or remove? What's the big deal?

I've also noticed that this alienware thing is never highlighted in red. It just shows up as a game object. Twice. That also makes me wonder about its sneakiness.

« Last Edit: 2005 August 08, 19:48:01 by Brynne » Logged
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
Re: Damn alienware hack
« Reply #1 on: 2005 August 08, 19:57:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I may be totally off on this, but I believe the "Alienware; everything but the saucer" isn't a hack -- it's a MaxoidMonkey creation that can be found here:

http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/object_detail.php?asset_id=8&asset_type=object

I forget what colors it comes in -- green, black, and blue, I believe.  If it's showing up in other colors, then it's a hack -- or could be just a recolor.

Phyllis

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 August 08, 20:12:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But why does it show up twice almost every time? And look at this one I just found:

At least one of those is pretty clearly a hack, but now I'm wondering about the "hacked computer" thing. Not just alienware, apparently. And what's with the eye shadow? Are all these hacks?
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 August 08, 20:18:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe the eyeshadow's just a Custom Makeup people create from the Bodyshop?
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 August 08, 20:23:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't it seem a little odd that eyeshadow and multiple computers (one of which has the word "hacking" in it and it's made by wintermurei, a hacked-objects maker.)would be in a supposedly clean house? There aren't any sims in it, either. Am I just paranoid? Roll Eyes
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 August 08, 20:36:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been wondering the same thing; I downloaded a couple of lots from the exchange the other day and I saw the Ailenware and the Everything but the Warez too....on both the lots I downloaded. I didn't install anything but the Lot Segment but was highly suspicious of what the other two things were. I know on the official website there is an Ailenware computer done by one of the Maxoids but I was suspicous because the houses were supposed to be unoccupied and unfurnished. Call me paranoid as well.

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 August 08, 20:42:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you, "Paranoid as well" Wink. I think we're on to something...
You're cat looks like my cat. Bow and all at Christmas-time!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 August 08, 20:48:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As a general rule, when installing downloaded lots, never install anything other than the lot. Period. No ifs, ands, or buts. Everything that isn't the lot should be wiped out.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baddmark
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 August 08, 20:50:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I saw something about that "eyeshadow" hack being the veggie hack that removes all the meat meals from your game. Go check your fridge...
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2005 August 08, 20:51:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed this as well.  Practically every house I download from the official site has these pc's and/or those revolting topiary things, especially the egg one.  Never any mention of them being there on the download page, either.

I think I saw something about that "eyeshadow" hack being the veggie hack that removes all the meat meals from your game. Go check your fridge...
Amusing idea, spooky even, but this would necessitate the Maxis game engine being sophisticated enough to distinguish between vegetarian and non-vegetarian. Somehow, I very much doubt it is capable of doing that.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 August 08, 20:52:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't bother "checking" anything. That's the entire point of using Pherverstool: To UNCHECK things. Do not check things! Checking bad! Unchecking good!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
LK
Terrible Twerp

Humanity can suck my hard drive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2005 August 08, 20:55:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've heard about that.  Whoever came up with that hack needs, in the words of "simsloover," to go suck a tree.

http://www.thesporum.net
The First, The Original, The Best
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 August 08, 21:20:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you, "Paranoid as well" Wink. I think we're on to something...
You're cat looks like my cat. Bow and all at Christmas-time!

We nicknamed him "Spawn"...as in "Spawn of Satan."  Wink

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 August 08, 21:40:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't downloaded anything other than the lot segments. I "unchecked" post-screenshot. I've seen the topiaries, too. The egg one and some cherub thing. But what's the scoop behind those mystery computers? Why aren't they red?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 August 08, 22:14:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't downloaded anything other than the lot segments. I "unchecked" post-screenshot. I've seen the topiaries, too. The egg one and some cherub thing. But what's the scoop behind those mystery computers? Why aren't they red?
Probably because they're independent objects, rather than hacks. Alternatively, because the Pherverstool is not so good at identifying these things and is much better at simply indicating that they exist. Often, objects are misidentified. No matter: THey don't belong, whatever they are.

nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 August 08, 22:24:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I downloaded a few castles and they almost all had it in there, and since I like to live dangerously and my favorite passtime is breaking things, I left them in. The castles themselves however did not have a computer somewhere on the lot, but I did end up with two versions of the alienware PC, the orginal one and a recolored one in many colors. I assumed at that point is the reason why it shows up twice, once for the orginal maxoid object and second for the hacked version to make recolors.

(assuming it wasnt recolorable when maxis published it, like the bunny bear)
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 August 08, 22:42:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I used to download from the Exchange I picked up three versions of that computer; the first was recolours, the second version had added options (can't remember any of them), the third version had death by electrocution as an option.

happy now :-)
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 August 09, 01:32:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess that would make me paranoid as well. When I download a building, the only thing that retains its check mark is the "lotSegment for Upload" line. Everything else will not be installed, no matter how intriguing it may sound. I do get curious about it, but I have lost too many playing hours due to stupid bugs and general game-misbehavior.'

G.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 August 09, 02:04:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I totally agree, veilchen!  I've never downloaded a lot from the official site, but the of the few I have d/l'd and installed, one at least made such a mess of my game I had to reinstall everything and about the only benefit was it forced me to sort out my downloads and get rid of anything suspicious!  (I had five unidentified sims in supposedly unoccupied houses!  Plus that darned computer, several cars, a teen woohoo hack which allowed adults to flirt with and woohoo teens including their own nieces and nephews!)  Now I'm not only very careful what I download, but I any house I make for others to share is created in a hack-free neighbourhood!  It's not my place to decide what other people should have in their game, and equally it's not theirs to decide what I should have in mine!

Zephyr Zodiac
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 August 09, 07:08:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah I've run across these alienware computers also. I believe one of them had a suicide option, I seem to recall downloading it soon after sims 2 came out. I ended up with a zillion versions and have cleaned all of them out.

The main hack I have a problem with, when I upload lots I've built, is the phonehack. If I furnish a house and forgetfully put in a phone, the lot includes the phonehack. I have just started a clean sims2 folder for building, with no hacks in the downloads folder. I also re-uploaded most of my lots. I don't think people should get hacks they don't know about and might not wish to play.

I wonder how many of the BBSers, who say they have no game bugs, have actually got Pescado's critical fixes without knowing it?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 August 09, 14:00:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it might explain why some of them think they aren't necessary!  Their game would be working better than Maxis intended, and they wouldn't even realise it!

Zephyr Zodiac
Kitte
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 August 09, 20:49:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the eyeshadow one...not sure when I got it but very long ago.  When I removed it (based on suggestions from you guys), my pork chop meals returned. Smiley
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 August 09, 23:34:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Presumably the wally who created it was a vegetarian!

Zephyr Zodiac
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 August 10, 00:43:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah I've run across these alienware computers also. I believe one of them had a suicide option, I seem to recall downloading it soon after sims 2 came out. I ended up with a zillion versions and have cleaned all of them out.

The main hack I have a problem with, when I upload lots I've built, is the phonehack. If I furnish a house and forgetfully put in a phone, the lot includes the phonehack. I have just started a clean sims2 folder for building, with no hacks in the downloads folder. I also re-uploaded most of my lots. I don't think people should get hacks they don't know about and might not wish to play.

I wonder how many of the BBSers, who say they have no game bugs, have actually got Pescado's critical fixes without knowing it?

That has never occured to me, but I think you are on to something there. Even if they kept the game as pristine as possible, and even played as much as they claim they do, at least the greek-house bugs would have most certainly reared their ugly heads by now. The same goes for the critical fixes...hmm interesting thoughts these.

G.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
fff
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 August 10, 02:19:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Presumably the wally who created it was a vegetarian!

I think some Jewish players had issues with the pork-chop meal...
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: