More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 20:09:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  We have Rape/impregnation, Necrophilia, and STDs. whats next for the expansion?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: We have Rape/impregnation, Necrophilia, and STDs. whats next for the expansion?  (Read 56670 times)
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
We have Rape/impregnation, Necrophilia, and STDs. whats next for the expansion?
« on: 2006 February 13, 08:23:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thinking about it, the "supernatural" things each sims expansion has read like a nasty fetish slashfic.

Anyway,

The original game had alien abduction resulting in a butt baby.

Uni added Zombies and Zombie loving. Remember the guide says they cannot get or make other sims pregnant because "they are dead". Ewww.

(Uni also added Furries. I think we can all agree about furries. Not supernatural, but damn creepy.)

NL added vampirism in the form of a STD. Good thing modern sim science had strong antibiotics, that gypsies carry.

So, what is the freak addition for the expansion? I know they are expanding furries (gross) to be beyond just the mascots.

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: We have Rape/impregnation, Necrophilia, and STDs. whats next for the expansi
« Reply #1 on: 2006 February 13, 08:46:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently, they can woohoo with robots next.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
chintznibbles
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: We have Rape/impregnation, Necrophilia, and STDs. whats next for the expansi
« Reply #2 on: 2006 February 13, 09:10:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know for a fact that one of my sims is reading this on the Simternet and thinking "Robot woohoo?  Yes!  I can check that one off the Personal To-Do Before I Die List!".  I can't say I blame them, somehow... better than being experimented on by aliens or sleeping with a zombie. Wink

I mean, who wouldn't want a personal android/cyborg sex device?  Grin
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 February 13, 09:58:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We already have vibrators for the girls and those fleshlight things for the guys.  Do we really need mechanical bodies attached to them?
Grater
Blathering Buffoon

It burns!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 February 13, 13:15:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

fufme  Shocked
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: We have Rape/impregnation, Necrophilia, and STDs. whats next for the expansion?
« Reply #5 on: 2006 February 13, 13:24:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I think all that stuff should have been left out altogether from the base game and EPs, and they should have made one (x-rated) add-on for each theme which you caould choose to buy if you wanted.  I don't appreciate having these things in my game - I don't use them, they waste space and are a total pain in my book since, although Maxoid Tom said you have the choice as to whether or not to play the vampires, you don't have the choice as to whether or not they appear on your community lots (unless you have non-Maxis hacks)  and parents who might otherwise allow their kids to play sims2 are often reluctant because of all the twisted sex!  If that whole aspect had been kept out of the main eps then there would be less badly written coding to fubar peoples' games too!

Zephyr Zodiac
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 February 13, 13:27:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You see furries? Vampirism via STD? Where do you come up with this stuff?
May alien vampire zombies rape your butt.

Instant gratification takes too long.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: We have Rape/impregnation, Necrophilia, and STDs. whats next for the expansion?
« Reply #7 on: 2006 February 13, 13:30:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, STD could stand for Socially Transmitted Disease, and I assume that neck-biting (for a vampire) is Social!

Zephyr Zodiac
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 February 13, 13:44:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Sims is X-rated now? Since when? It's not like there are graphic depictions of anything.

Aliens = Sim goes bye bye. Comes back. Starts pregnancy symptoms. No-one ever said anything about rape.
Necrophilia = So the Sim looks a little different, and lurches about. They aren't *corpses* for crying out loud.
STDs = This one I just don't get. It makes no sense when applied to vampirism.

Nude Sims have censor blurs, and even then they have no 'naughty bits' unless the user has downloaded some hack for that. Woohoo is done under cover of bed, or wherever else it is done. The hot tub is probably the most explicit, and even then you don't really see much of anything.

As for the 'Woohoo > Pregnancy > Baby' thing, anyone old enough to play the Sims should know where babies come from.

I don't get where this 'X-rated' content is. It's not in my game, that's for sure.

radiophonic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 February 13, 13:52:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Necrophilia = So the Sim looks a little different, and lurches about. They aren't *corpses* for crying out loud.

If you want to be technical, a zombies are animated dead, but that's never stopped me from dating them here in meatspace.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 February 13, 13:53:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I personally agree it's not x-rated - but whereas kids who are old enough to know where babies come from are old enough to play The sims, they can still have nightmares about the undead, whether vampires or zombies!

I just think, if having Santa Claus in your game is a matter of choosing to buy an add-on, the same thing should have been appled to vampires etc.  I mean, around Hallowe'en it would have made a good add-on to release.  

Zephyr Zodiac
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 February 13, 13:58:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just think, if having Santa Claus in your game is a matter of choosing to buy an add-on, the same thing should have been appled to vampires etc.  I mean, around Hallowe'en it would have made a good add-on to release. 

Surely the reasons for the inclusion of vampires, zombies, aliens is to make a somewhat humorous poke at "real life".
It seems to me to be a sort of sarcastic social commentary.

What does college make you? A zombie.
Staying up all night and partying? A vampire.
Are you a bookworm/nerd-type person? You must be an alien.
Work a lot? You must be a...

sanmonroe, our thread starter, is either a) reading too much into the game or b) a bible thumper or c) all of thee above.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 February 13, 14:06:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just don't want them in my game because I don't play them, and they take up space!  I agree they're probabyly the sarcastic social comments you suggest - but how many 9-year-olds would recognise that and say, "Oh well, it's only a sarcastic social comment, now I needn't have nightmares!"  (There might be people who have nightmares about Santa, and Maxis wisely only included him in a special add-on!)

Zephyr Zodiac
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 February 13, 14:09:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, this game is rated Teen.  As in, 13.  13-year-olds are pretty sophisticated, and watching movies that contain all of the above, and far worse most of the time.  I don't think the game is quite as bad as suggested, and sanmonroe isn't exactly the moral pillar to which anyone should hold themselves to, based on previous posts.
Grater
Blathering Buffoon

It burns!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 February 13, 14:12:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sanmonroe, our thread starter, is either a) reading too much into the game or b) a bible thumper or c) all of thee above.
Or finds humour manifest in such things Tongue.
I mean butt baby. Bwahahahha. That term shouldn't even exist.  Grin
Baronetess
TaWanda
Nitwitted Nuisance

stolen from obsessiveicons@livejournal

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 February 13, 14:13:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just think, if having Santa Claus in your game is a matter of choosing to buy an add-on, the same thing should have been appled to vampires etc.  I mean, around Hallowe'en it would have made a good add-on to release. 
Blasphemy! Are you suggesting yet another way for them to gouge more money from us? I prefer they keep it FREE with the expansions. Vampires and zombies don't really come into to play unless you choose to interact with them, so not a problem imho
I'm just a love machine  Kiss HeHe
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 February 13, 14:14:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just love stirring the pot! Grin

Zephyr Zodiac
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 February 13, 14:24:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just don't want them in my game because I don't play them, and they take up space!  I agree they're probabyly the sarcastic social comments you suggest - but how many 9-year-olds would recognise that and say, "Oh well, it's only a sarcastic social comment, now I needn't have nightmares!"  (There might be people who have nightmares about Santa, and Maxis wisely only included him in a special add-on!)

No, a nine year-old would find it hysterical.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 February 13, 14:31:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I suppose it depends on the 9-year-old! 

And here in the UK the base game is flagged 7+, they only upped it to 12+ with Uni, so a lot of parents could buy it for their kids and have no idea what's in it.  Besides which, the price of the game is not beyond most kids' reach with birthday or Christmas money (and an older friend to buy it for them!)

Zephyr Zodiac
Grater
Blathering Buffoon

It burns!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 February 13, 14:38:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, something already in the game is foursome woohoo. Orgies!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 February 13, 14:43:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the hot tub?  Mine always sling out any other occupants!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2006 February 13, 14:59:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What are furries???

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 February 13, 15:04:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think they must be the mascots.  though, if so, it should techically be hairies and not furries, I think!

Zephyr Zodiac
SimSherry
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 February 13, 15:35:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What are furries???

Found this among many definitions when I Yahoo'd "What are furries" and think this answer fits the context best.  lol  Lips sealed

"People who like to be in animal outfits better than not. Some of them like to have sex and do other sexual like things while being costumed up."

-from http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Furries&r=f
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 February 13, 15:38:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, that's the explanation I got from Hook as well.

All I gotta say is, EEUUUWWWWWWW!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: