More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 09:49:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  unfortunate side effects to bleh-ing
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: unfortunate side effects to bleh-ing  (Read 9426 times)
resin
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
unfortunate side effects to bleh-ing
« on: 2006 February 09, 21:55:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did a search for this here and got nothing, so I have to wonder has this happened to anyone else?

One of my university sims is making good friends with the Contessa. She came over at night and "bleh"ed him. OK. A little while later she did it again, and he peed himself! Huh, I thought, he must have had a low bladder and the negative effect of "bleh" dropped him to zero. Then about a sim hour later, she "bleh"ed again and he PEED AGAIN! I happened to be looking at his bladder meter when it happened and it went from full to zero immediately. I'm not trying to prevent this - I think it's freaking hilarious - but I am curious: has this or similar side effects happened to others?

In a related question, I'm patient but just when can I expect her to bite him? They're in love with a 100/100 relationship, yet he's had her over for three nights in a row since reaching that with no bites, just plenty of "bleh". Will adult vampires not bite YA sims autonomously? There have been no bites in my game yet, so maybe the first must be between two adults?

Eh, just curious. I mainly wanted to talk about sims peeing themselves in fear. Something I encourage.
Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
Re: unfortunate side effects to bleh-ing
« Reply #1 on: 2006 February 09, 21:57:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yep, I think bleh'd sims will always pee themselves.

Someone sucks more than I do.
http://wytchieone.deviantart.com/gallery
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 February 09, 21:58:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't played with vampires much...but I think this is supposed to be a common effect of the bleh'ing...sim gets scared and pees itself.  I think similar things can happen when "peeking into a coffin"  I wonder if the bleh'ing has a certain effect on certain personality types/aspirations?  Maybe I'm reaching too far lol

I got sick of waiting for my first vamp bite and moved in one of the counts and did it myself.  They had a 100/100 relatiionship for about a sim week and I was inviting him over every day...nothing seemed to want to happen.
resin
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 February 09, 22:02:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Weird. I haven't done much with vampires, but there's been plenty of bleh-ing with no peeing. Maybe its only the shy sims who pee? Most of mine end up super outgoing, but the university sim in question is very shy.
seventhson
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 February 09, 22:03:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

resin, does he have the option to influence her to bite him? I have a hazy memory of doing something along those lines to get my first vamp Sim...
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 February 09, 22:19:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently my vampiric Sim-self makes everyone pee when I bleh them, in Pescado's game.  Of course, I have something like 40 enemies.  Roll Eyes
resin
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 February 09, 22:19:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

resin, does he have the option to influence her to bite him? I have a hazy memory of doing something along those lines to get my first vamp Sim...

He does have the option. I heard that the biting "epidemic" won't start if you influence a bite. You have to wait for an autonomous bite. I don't mind waiting, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't wasting my time with the YA sims and adult vampires. I have several sims with "best friend" relationships so I figure ONE of them has to be autonomously bitten, right?? (says the simmer with one alien abduction (even with 2J's increased chances mod), one set of twins, and one accidental pregnancy (with 2J's casual woohoo pregnancy set to 10% in every lot))
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 February 09, 22:22:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used the Influence system to get my first vampire bitten, and now every Knowledge Sim in the neighbourhood has a want to get bitten.  I don't know if you have the vampire fixes hack, but maybe that prevents autonomous biting?  I know it's supposed to prevent autonomous biting for NPC's (and maybe townies, I'm not quite sure), so maybe it's also working for playable Sims as well?
resin
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 February 09, 22:26:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used the Influence system to get my first vampire bitten, and now every Knowledge Sim in the neighbourhood has a want to get bitten.  I don't know if you have the vampire fixes hack, but maybe that prevents autonomous biting?  I know it's supposed to prevent autonomous biting for NPC's (and maybe townies, I'm not quite sure), so maybe it's also working for playable Sims as well?

I DO have the vampire fixes hack. Is it safe to remove it? I thought it was important (can't remember its importance rating off-hand). If that IS causing the no biting and is safe to remove, I'll try it. Otherwise, influence will actually come in useful for once!

EDIT: I checked. It's Critical and prevents NPCs and townies from being autonomously bitten. No word on played sims, but I'd suspect that's the cause.
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 February 09, 22:31:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He does have the option. I heard that the biting "epidemic" won't start if you influence a bite. You have to wait for an autonomous bite.

Actually, I thought it was exactly the opposite - that for the first bite, you had to influence them to bite someone and then the autonomous biting would start. I think there are no autonomous bites whatsoever until the player takes some action to start spreading vampirism in case someone didn't want that in their game.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 February 09, 22:44:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My first vampire was a YA at University and was autonomously bitten - the Count actually wanted to bite her twice on their date but I cancelled the first one till they'd had a chance to go home and go to bed.  I think I had Pescado's first version of the fixes in the game then.  As I understood it, the fixes only prevented important NPCs like Mrs C getting bitten (which could cause your game to go t*t* up).

Inteen for AL, yay!
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006 February 09, 22:55:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My first vampire was a YA autonomously bitten after their first woohoo.  Now it's true, every Sim has a fear or a want having to do with vampires. But when I wanted a Knowledge Sim to get bitten even after 100/100 relationship, I waited and waited and nothing happened so I had to use influence. (I just made a vampire sorority. Fun.)

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2006 February 09, 23:35:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My first Sim to be bitten in my old Pleasantview was bitten autonomously, after the Contessa she was best friends with invited her out on a group outing.  They were about 100/75 or something before it happened.  In my new Pleasantview (now about 2 months old) I'm no nearer a bite than I was when I started, probably because I haven't gone downtown nearly as often with it not being a novelty anymore.

I've just changed all the vamps to aspirations more fitting to their genetic characters, leaving only one as a Pleasure Sim.  The other 3 I've made Knowledge, Family & Popularity.  I've also made their adapted character the same as their genetic character.  I've never understood why they change the characters of NPC's, so I usually change them to what they were originally.  The only ones I haven't changed are the ones who need that character profile to 'do their jobs', such as the slobs and the cow mascots.  Seems to me that as it's Knowledge sims who want to be vamps, they haven't much chance unless they get on with the Counts/Contessas, which they're not likely to if they remain Pleasure sims.  Having one as Knowledge and one as Family makes it much more likely, as does having one of the vamps Popularity.  I've decided it's about time the vamps got going now and I don't want to cheat.

As for the blehing (which I absolutely love), I haven't seen many sims affected by this at all, only very rarely.  Most of them seem to just brush it aside and carry on with whatever they were doing.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 February 10, 00:45:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe it depends on how outgoing the Vampire is?

I found I had more luck with it by keeping my sim from being busy with anything. I think the visitors are more likely to initiate an interaction if your sim is just standing around.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 February 10, 00:48:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my university sims is making good friends with the Contessa. She came over at night and "bleh"ed him. OK. A little while later she did it again, and he peed himself! Huh, I thought, he must have had a low bladder and the negative effect of "bleh" dropped him to zero. Then about a sim hour later, she "bleh"ed again and he PEED AGAIN! I happened to be looking at his bladder meter when it happened and it went from full to zero immediately. I'm not trying to prevent this - I think it's freaking hilarious - but I am curious: has this or similar side effects happened to others?
The "Noah's Ark" bug is fixed in the vampire fixes, so that when a sim pees itself, it will be properly emptied out rather than go over and over and over. However, a sim has a high probability by default of peeing anytime he's BLEH!'ed with even a green (but not maxed) bladder.

I DO have the vampire fixes hack. Is it safe to remove it? I thought it was important (can't remember its importance rating off-hand). If that IS causing the no biting and is safe to remove, I'll try it. Otherwise, influence will actually come in useful for once!

EDIT: I checked. It's Critical and prevents NPCs and townies from being autonomously bitten. No word on played sims, but I'd suspect that's the cause.
It doesn't stop playables from being bitten, but whether or not it happens can be very, very random.

It helps to remove all distractions, because visitors are very easily distracted. I recommend locking the two of you in a room until it happens.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 February 10, 00:53:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It helps to remove all distractions, because visitors are very easily distracted. I recommend locking the two of you in a room until it happens.
LOL, that sounds like trying to get two dogs to mate.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 February 10, 01:21:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is pretty much the procedure one follows when trying to induce a sim to do anything, remove all of the incorrect choices.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
resin
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 February 12, 18:20:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is pretty much the procedure one follows when trying to induce a sim to do anything, remove all of the incorrect choices.

Thanks, J.M. I tried that over the last few days in multiple lots with sims who have 100/100 relationships. No bites. If I isolate way, way away from anything distracting, the Count keeps initiating a pillow fight or the sim keeps congratulating him on graduating college...over and over and over again! What's up with that?

I think I might be ready to give up on trying to have it happen autonomously. It's not that big a deal for me, but given my ludicrous track record with random events never happening in my game, I probably need to influence to make it happen. bleh!

I mainly want it to happen to see it, but it also seems like a good way to clear out some deadwood. Boring sim gets bitten, has fun for a few days, "accidentally" goes out into the sun...
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 February 12, 19:28:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, J.M. I tried that over the last few days in multiple lots with sims who have 100/100 relationships. No bites. If I isolate way, way away from anything distracting, the Count keeps initiating a pillow fight or the sim keeps congratulating him on graduating college...over and over and over again! What's up with that?
That's what I ended up doing in Strangetown, using influence.  Only I didn't have as much patience as you did.  I waited maybe a sim day or two. Wink
Shivani
Dimwitted Dunce

Efficiency is intelligent laziness.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 February 12, 20:17:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On J.M.'s fix, after I influenced a Count to bite a townie a while back, eventually he bit my own sim autonomously while visiting the house.  It just took patience (not something I usually have).  I did try to see if the bitten townie would do it, but decided (why?) I'd have a better chance of it happening with a true NPC vamp.  Twisted logic, perhaps.
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 February 12, 23:27:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I usually get so fed up with waiting for a vampire to bite my sim that I'll just make them selectable with testingcheats and make them bite my sim.

I might feel a little guilty at first for cheating.  But then I remind myself that they've been at a 100/100 relationship for the last week and have woohood a half a dozen times since then.  I deserve this bite!
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 February 13, 18:57:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same thing for me - had a Sim seduce one of the vampires, got tired of waiting for her to bite him so I controlled her and had her do it myself. Of course, as soon as I went back into that house she autonomously bit his roommate *sigh*. Said roommate being a Knowledge Sim, she was unhappy when I cured her, but alas, too bad. I haven't had any autonomous bites, though... I wonder if something's preventing it. I do have Shaklin's bite mod in... I wonder if it affects the autonomous biting, since it gives you those options with the bite now and obviously the NPCs can't choose them?  Tongue
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 February 14, 00:29:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Turn off free will and disallow your sim to do anything. Then move far enough away from the Count that you have enough time to X out any incorrect choices. Be firm!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: