More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 10:36:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  My CAS thumbnails are getting mighty weird...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: My CAS thumbnails are getting mighty weird...  (Read 6347 times)
Syera
Exasperating Eyesore

A well-stocked toolkit can fix anything...

View Profile WWW
My CAS thumbnails are getting mighty weird...
« on: 2006 February 11, 18:11:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Funny, my picture doesn't look like me at all...

I suspect this may have something to do with the fact that, as of late, I've become rather a control-freak about where my custom-made Sims are going.  As soon as I can, I whip 'em out of the SavedSims folder and place them in a folder of my own with a much more descriptive filename.

As it is, my sister claims that that's a Sim she made some time earlier.  It does look like him... though I want to know what the heck it's doing with an adult body. 

The BogSims Institute - We've been updating these days...
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: My CAS thumbnails are getting mighty weird...
« Reply #1 on: 2006 February 11, 18:13:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, the SimBin is bugged. Clone the Sim and save him, this will refresh the thumbnail. Then delete the dupe.
Marquis
Twain
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 February 11, 18:24:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try deleting the file.....My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Thumbnails\CASThumbnails.package

I have done this when I have weird Thumbnails show up..it works every time for me...but it is a bit of a pain in the butt, because the game lags initially when it is recreating all the Thumbnails.

Good breeding consists of concealing how much we think of ourselves and how little we think of the other person. - Mark Twain
www.thesporum.net
Syera
Exasperating Eyesore

A well-stocked toolkit can fix anything...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 February 11, 18:30:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try deleting the file.....My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Thumbnails\CASThumbnails.package

I have done this when I have weird Thumbnails show up..it works every time for me...but it is a bit of a pain in the butt, because the game lags initially when it is recreating all the Thumbnails.

Yeah, I think I'll try that.  Of course, I'll probably just end up bugging 'em again, whatwithall my rearranging. 

The BogSims Institute - We've been updating these days...
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 February 11, 20:56:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had that same kind of thing happen in my BodyShop.  Generally speaking, it happens with the sims I've saved from SimPE.  Although they show up fine (most of the time) and can be cloned, BodyShop handles them a little bit differently.

Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 February 11, 21:59:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is slightly related. Before I installed University, body shop would make thumbnails and save them Now it never saves them, and always makes new ones. I am using a Macintosh computer. Is this happening for Windows users?

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 February 11, 22:58:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is slightly related. Before I installed University, body shop would make thumbnails and save them Now it never saves them, and always makes new ones. I am using a Macintosh computer. Is this happening for Windows users?

It's happened to me since I first installed the game in October of 2004.  Undecided

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 February 12, 11:16:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried deleting the thumbnails file after something simEnhancer did to a thumbnail which ididn't regenerate.  I just got loads of missing thumbnails then.

Still, worse things happen in Sims1.  Does anyone remember the leprechaun from SimFreaks1?  I had it all over my game when it got into Create a Family!  Kids would suddenly appear in the leprechaun's clothes, or conversely with his head on top of their own clothes!  I think it was fixed eventually, but it was wierd while it lasted!  I also had one long white evening dress which for some unknown reason appeared as clothing for males!  (Even though it wasn't hacked, it was a female skin!)

Zephyr Zodiac
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 February 13, 07:41:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, this happens for Windows users, too.  I didn't get Uni until after NL, and as soon as I installed NL no more thumbnails were cached.  It's a royal pain in the wazoo, too!

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 February 13, 13:01:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same thing happened after Hot Date in Sims1, but there was at least a way of generating and saving them.  Can't remember what it was now, though!

But there must be something that could be done about it in Sims2.    I have custom beds from, for example, Sims2Play, which don't take forever to load up all the custom bedding each time you open that bed for the first time in the session.

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 February 13, 13:30:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the thumbnail cache isin TheSim~1/Thumbn~1. If you're getting warped and wonky thumbnails, try burninating these files, sorta like groups.cache.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
bluemoon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006 February 13, 13:32:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ctrl + right click refreshes the thumbnails in the game, but not in body shop.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 February 13, 13:36:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nor is it permanent!

I've tried removing the thumbnails file like you suggest, Pescado - then I seem to get none at all for some obects!  for instance, since I tried it, I can't get a pic for either the wooden stairs or the holy smoke stairs (I have Numenor's recolours etc. but in another version from which I didn't delete that thumbnail file they show fine).

Zephyr Zodiac
Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

:P

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 February 13, 21:42:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do I hear an echo?

A proud thread pirate.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: