More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 21:24:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Looking for SimCribbling Skintones
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Looking for SimCribbling Skintones  (Read 6076 times)
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Looking for SimCribbling Skintones
« on: 2006 February 13, 02:50:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know another place where I could get the SimCribbling skintones? The creator's site now links to an error page at thesims2.com, and it's been like this for a while now. Or, if anyone would be kind enough to send me one? All I'm looking for is the tan skintone, that's it. Any help would be much appreciated.
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
Re: Looking for SimCribbling Skintones
« Reply #1 on: 2006 February 13, 02:53:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was looking for it too, and someone on MTS2 made default replacements for it but you still have to get the original skins.

Anyone know where they are?
Countess
theisz
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 February 13, 03:07:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here is his page.  You have to actually click on the hair link to the left for some odd reason to get to the skins.
http://louis.new21.net/

And here he is on the Exchange if you have problems downloading from his site.
http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/uploads.php?user_id=475600

I love all of his stuff.  Definitely good stuff to be had.
Shivani
Dimwitted Dunce

Efficiency is intelligent laziness.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 February 13, 04:26:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, Louis is a she, not a he.  And she is fileshare friendly, so you can request just about anything of hers over at Neighborhood 99 (which I've done several times myself) for stuff she hasn't put back in place at her simpage.
Countess
theisz
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 February 13, 04:51:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, Louis is a she, not a he.  And she is fileshare friendly, so you can request just about anything of hers over at Neighborhood 99 (which I've done several times myself) for stuff she hasn't put back in place at her simpage.

Gee, so sorry, I am not a personal friend of theirs so I did not know they were a female.  I was just trying to be helpful.
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 February 13, 04:54:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was looking for it too, and someone on MTS2 made default replacements for it but you still have to get the original skins.

Anyone know where they are?

I used the SimCribbling Default Skintones from MTS2 for a moment in time, but never had to download the original skins.

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 February 13, 05:22:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And here he is on the Exchange if you have problems downloading from his site.
http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/uploads.php?user_id=475600

If you follow that link, you get only 4 of his current sims. The skintones themselves are down. And the site links to the skintones on the exchange.

I need the skin for my own defaults actually, but the problem w/ the defaults on MTS2 is that the creator seems to have used the import mechanism of simpe to make them, and there's a good deal of discoloration and image degradation as a result.

If anyone can send me the skins via email, that'd be much appreciated. Smiley
sudaki
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 February 13, 05:50:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the problem w/ the defaults on MTS2 is that the creator seems to have used the import mechanism of simpe to make them, and there's a good deal of discoloration and image degradation as a result.

Is that the problem. Would you be able to share if you made better-quality defaults? I really like the skins, but when I set the MTS2 default ones they looked like a strange fungus was growing on them. Undecided
Issy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 February 13, 07:36:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I *should*  have copies of those skins on my laptop (if I remember correctly).  I have someone using it right now, but as soon as I can check I should be able to send them.

"Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction".  ~Antoine de Exupery
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 February 13, 18:25:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is that the problem. Would you be able to share if you made better-quality defaults? I really like the skins, but when I set the MTS2 default ones they looked like a strange fungus was growing on them. Undecided
Well, I've got the rest of my defaults in place (From diff creators), and so all I'm planning on editing is the tan skintone. But if you want that, I'll be happy to send it to you when I'm done.

I *should*  have copies of those skins on my laptop (if I remember correctly).  I have someone using it right now, but as soon as I can check I should be able to send them.
Ooh, please! Just PM me if you have them, so I can send you my email addy.
Issy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 February 13, 18:36:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry Sad I thought I had them but I must of deleted.  I do have the first three of his older skin tones tho (the ones with the necklace).  I guess I got them confused with the new ones.

"Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction".  ~Antoine de Exupery
Baronetess
TaWanda
Nitwitted Nuisance

stolen from obsessiveicons@livejournal

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 February 14, 03:24:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In another post  I think Wishy Washy said she had these skins, maybe you could pm her?
 Or you could download a sim from somewhere that uses the skintone you are looking for and toss out the bits you don't need...not that I've ever done a thing like that Shocked
« Last Edit: 2006 February 14, 03:36:17 by TaWanda » Logged
Shivani
Dimwitted Dunce

Efficiency is intelligent laziness.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 February 14, 05:54:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gee, so sorry, I am not a personal friend of theirs so I did not know they were a female.  I was just trying to be helpful.

And I wasn't being insulting, so I don't understand your reaction.

--

And for heaven's sakes, if anyone needs copies of Louis's original (non-default) skins, PM me and I'll email them out.  I don't mind.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: