More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 04:24:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Need help with custom skin project
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Need help with custom skin project  (Read 5380 times)
Argon
Juvenile Jackass

What Would Brian Kinney Do?

View Profile WWW
Need help with custom skin project
« on: 2006 February 12, 01:11:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well since everyone at MTS2 is soooo helpful....

I'm having problems with my custom skin project; adding a custom vampire skin to a custom skin tone.  At one point I was able to get one Sim with the default vampire face while the one with my custom skin had nothing, but I don't remember how I did it.  The problem is, I don't know where to find the Binary Index and/or the Collection I'm supposed to add to the 3IDR.

Here's the file if anyone wants to look at it, it doesn't work at the moment, but it won't cause any problems either.
http://www.geocities.com/arablizzard2413/ArgonVampire.zip

Can anyone help me with this?

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia Ge-Force GTS 450 1GB, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, WSXGA+ (1680x1050), Windows 7 Pro x64

Laptop: Sony VAIO VPCYB15KX, AMD Dual-Core E-350 1.60 GHz, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6310, WXGA (1366x768), Windows 7 Pro x86
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
Re: Need help with custom skin project
« Reply #1 on: 2006 February 12, 17:45:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry to say that I can't really figure out what your trying to do  Sad

I don't know very much about vampire default replacement files(if that is what you are trying to make) but if I remember right (from reading it somewhere) the vampire "skintone" isn't even a real skintone, it just goes over the default skintone the sim has, like a slightly transparent layer.

nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 February 12, 18:05:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Argon I dont think that is possible, the vampire skintone is an overlay like a full body makeup mask. There are only three states to a regular skintone - fat normal and fit and then the various ages and sex, but it isnt possible to just replace one of the states because they all use the same face. That is why your sim had the correct face but not the correct body.

There are other default vampires and aliens out there, the fastest method would be to grab one someone has already made and just replace the texture overlay with your own. If you want to make your own from scratch I am sure there is a tutorial around somewhere, I know Reggikos son made some wonder default replacements so perhaps you could get in contact with him (GloamingMerle) or Reggiko.
Argon
Juvenile Jackass

What Would Brian Kinney Do?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 February 12, 21:56:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not trying to do a default replacement (I've done that already, with rebuilding the TXTR files that replace the originals), what I'm trying to do is something similar to what Open for Business will have. They said in one of the chats that it's possible for robots (custom skin tone with a new mesh) to become vampires (the original textures would not work very well for that would it?).

That's why there has to be a way, for example, there are some blushes that can only be used on certain skins (Maxis made this and it's possible to duplicate); since the face texture is a texture overlay (face paint section in Body Shop) it should work the same way. The problem I'm having is getting it to "link" with the rest of the vampire set, so nothing works right now.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia Ge-Force GTS 450 1GB, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, WSXGA+ (1680x1050), Windows 7 Pro x64

Laptop: Sony VAIO VPCYB15KX, AMD Dual-Core E-350 1.60 GHz, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6310, WXGA (1366x768), Windows 7 Pro x86
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 February 12, 23:20:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would have to assume that since the robot will not have a human sim mesh but its own unique mesh that it would also have its own unique set of skins, including its own unique vampire texture overlay...so the new mesh (the robot) would call to the unique skins that are made just for the robot.

But apparently I dont really understand what you are doing or are trying to accomplish so instead I will just say good luck and show us when you are done!  Grin
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: