More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 11:48:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Uni sending YA home after one semester
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Uni sending YA home after one semester  (Read 6826 times)
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
Uni sending YA home after one semester
« on: 2005 August 08, 02:33:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this bug show up early on playing TS2U, but it seemed to go away when I sent the teens to college at 5 days before becoming adult.  Now its back, and I did send all my teens at 5 days before.

After one semester of freshman year, one of the college kids gets the message that they have been at school too long and must get back to the real world.  Transition to adult, taxi shows up and takes them home.

When this happened before, it was on a lot that was a house, not a dorm.  This time, it happened at a dorm, and it was one I had used for the previous generation.  I noticed that the dorm hadn't reset after everyone left last time, as all the stuff they had acquired was still there.

Will the lot debugger work here?  I have the exam bug fix, and I thought maybe that had fixed it, but it didn't.  Would appreciate any thoughts on this.

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Uni sending YA home after one semester
« Reply #1 on: 2005 August 09, 13:56:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I know, dorms always keep the stuff your sims buy, but if you move your last remaining sim to a greek House, the townies will still be there when you move in someone new, it doesn't appear to reset them unless you move the last remaining sim to the bin. 

As to returning to the Real World too early, I'm not sure whether TwoJeffs FinalExam bug fix might fix this.

Zephyr Zodiac
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 August 09, 20:14:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, that's the thing.  I'm playing each generation equally.  I had moved the last one out from the previous generation, and it asked if I wanted to reset the dorm.  I clicked on yes, because I usually use the funds the YAs accumulate from their grant money to buy new stuff.  The dorms have always reset to the way they are when you move someone in for the first time when I've done this before.

I hadn't saved when the one YA was told to go home, so I moved them out of that dorm and into another and the game played like it was supposed to.  They all made it all the way through college.  So I would guess that dorm has picked up another fine bug from your friends at Maxis.

BTW, when I first encountered this bug, it was shortly after I had bought Uni and I did not have any downloads or hacks of any kind, and I don't think anything I've added could have caused this to recur.  That was in Pleasantview, and one of the guys it happened to was a son of Alexander Goth's.  It was shortly after that happened that I started getting the final exam bug, so I downloaded twojeffs' feb fix.  And I hadn't had any problems since, until now.  I would guess that it's been doing fine since April?  And I play for a few hours every day.  (Anywhere from 2-4 hours on weekdays, depending on how much other stuff I have to do.  More on weekends.)

I would have to guess that somewhere in the program there's something that isn't setting a flag correctly or something.  Maybe the "too many iterations"?  But I only have 18 houses and one community lot in the regular neighborhood, and the only sims I've played in the Uni 'hood are the ones I've sent there.  No townies.  Just my own.  No SS or Greek houses, period.  Waste of time for the challenge I'm doing.  And this neighborhood started as all CAS sims, no Maxis characters.  Total sims in the regular 'hood is currently at 36, not counting NPC's or the 3 YAs that I sent to college. 

This is the third generation I've sent to college, and I used this same dorm for both previous generations.  I wonder if that has anything to do with it?  I didn't try the lot debugger, but I will probably try moving a townie in there and use the debugger to see if that fixes it when I get a chance.  I'm about at the end of this challenge, and I'm at the point where I just want to get it finished, so I can start on one of my own.  I'm still formulating the rules, or should I say guidelines, that I want to limit myself to.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 August 09, 23:32:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, they aren't MY friends at Maxis!  I never met any of them, let alone made friends with them!

Zephyr Zodiac
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 August 10, 00:40:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, they aren't MY friends at Maxis!  I never met any of them, let alone made friends with them!

I think Elvira meant that in a general way ZZ :D. I swear, sometimes I don't know whether you are serious, or if you are pulling peoples chains, very intriguing (and funny). You do have sarcasm down to a fine art, now let's go and beat up that teacher ;D

By the way, I tried that baby-thing in SimPe and got one of my romance sims pregnant with another female. Worked like a charm, but thanks for warning me about the voice, it would probably have startled me into paranoia if I hadn't known about it in advance.

G.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 August 10, 01:25:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, I was paraphrasing that old "Another fine product from..." (fill in the blank).

I don't really think they're friends of anyone who really seriously plays TS2!

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 August 10, 11:37:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry Elvira, just my wierd sense of humour again!

Veilchen, I'm glad the pregnancy thing worked for you!  I presume, since you don't ned a hack for it, it's ok to use that method if you're doing a challenge as well!  (I never do them, so I wouldn't know.)

Zephyr Zodiac
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 August 10, 12:18:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't play challenges either, I'm a little too impatient. I play them vicariously through Reggikko, because a) she's very good at it, and b) she makes terrific stories about them. But you know what ZZ, that is a very good question. In the regular (official board etc.) challenges, I wonder if things like that (testingcheatsenabled, move0bjects etc) are allowed, since they are not 3rd party fixes. I have to make a note and pester Reg for an answer.

G.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 August 10, 12:28:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not to mention Motherlode!

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 August 10, 21:56:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't do challenges either, but from what I've read, moveobjects and "boolprop" are only allowed to fix "bugs," such as stuck chairs and such.  I am not sure what all qualifies as a bug, but you could justify a lot of things and call them bugs. Wink

I am definitely certain that 'motherlode' is not allowed Cheesy (except in strict exceptions, i.e., setting up the lot.)
HRH Posie
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2005 August 10, 22:06:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bettybabysim had a similar problem.  She moved the affected sims to new lots and they continued through Uni.  Here's the link.

"Does nothing work outside of London? Hmm? Apparently not." Natasha Glenville, Bridget Jones
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 August 11, 22:24:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks like quite a few people had the same problem.  Must be a buggy lot problem, as it didn't seem to matter what kind of lot they were on.  And since mine continued ok after moving them to another dorm as well, I guess that must be the only solution anyone has come up with!

ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 August 14, 20:35:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just wanted to update this with my progress on the dorm lot.

No, hacks/cheats are not allowed, except for moveobjects.  Since I am playing the last generation, and the last kids I sent to UNI aren't involved in the final results, I decided to send a couple of townie teens to college and put them in the dorm in question.  (Townies are not allowed in the challenge, either.)

I first sent Orlando Centowski, basically because I can't stand him and wanted my teens to quit bringing him home!  Once I had him claim his room, I put the lot debugger box on the roof of the dorm and clicked on it.  I had the option to fix stuck kicky bags, so I selected that and it fixed 2 objects.  Orlando wanted Meadow Thayer there, so I sent her, too.  After I got them through their first semester, which is when I have had previous kids sent home, and they managed to make it to the second semester, I sent my teens from the hood there.  My teens have made it through freshman year and are now sophs.  So far, I have not had anyone sent home.

So I would have to guess that something was stuck that the lot debugger fixed.  If you have this problem show up, USE IT!

Thanks, JM!

Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 August 18, 05:10:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have had kids kicked back to Pleasantville twice before.  It was both from greek houses.  I put them in a house in Pleasantville and turned them back into teens, then called the college and the taxi took them.  What was interesting, is that ,when the got back, they were still on the right semester and still belonged to the greek house, so I had them move back to the greek house and they graduated and got back to Pleasantville fine.  I didn't have any other probs with them.  It was very strange. It happened with two boys in the same house,and two girls in the same house(in pairs).
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2005 September 10, 23:05:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my game, if a teen is moved into a dorm they've previously visited to attend a graduation party, they immediately grow-up into adults and are told they have to "get back to the real world".  So far I haven't discovered whether this is also the case with Greek lots or residential lots.  It basically means that younger siblings can't move into the same dorm if their older sibling has already left, unless they don't attend their graduation party.  It seems that the game somehow has the idea that when they left the party, they were leaving campus itself, presumably as adults.  I have so many glitches in my Sim State Uni now that I am seriously considering deleting it and starting a new one.  The only problem is all the dormies my Sims have relationships with and memories about, I would have to mess about putting them in a house and then moving them into the new Uni because it would take forever to edit everybody's relationships and memories to get rid of them.

As for the lot debugger, the 'Nuke stuck move-out' option will get rid of Sims who have graduated and gone and are still 'hanging about'.  When I first used it, it got rid of 7 or 8 of them, most of which had been back in the neighbourhood for at least a decade and were married with kids.   If you do it straightaway, the Sim who has just left reappears on the lot.  You can also get rid of them with Inge's Teleporter Bush, in which case they don't reappear.

And what is all this about pregnancy and a 'voice'?  I am extremely intrigued and desperate for an explanation.  Talk about going off on tangents ...

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: