More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 08:21:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Did the new patch rebreak final exams?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Did the new patch rebreak final exams?  (Read 5832 times)
Ndainye
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Did the new patch rebreak final exams?
« on: 2006 February 10, 21:14:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems that the 2nd EP Patch has broken final exams, where the 1st one fixed them.  Any one else having problems?

Not everything about the glitch (bug?) has been pinned down yet.  I've only had it happen about 5 times, others have reported it happening to a couple of times to them as well.  A student will go to their final exam and will stay the entire length of time that they are supposed to.  Upon return home they will have the ++ symbol over their heads but you get a pop up saying ohoh so and so missed their final exam, don't make a habit of it and the student recieves a grade deduction for missing the final.  It is not identical to the original final exam bug that would send your student through a loop of returning from final early, but a whole new scary glitch.

For me this is happening:

At my legacy greek house, this is the primary residence I am playing at UNI atm.  I did have a few students at a dorm go through a semester or two in a new dorm and it didn't happen the dorm numbers are too small for me to judge however.  Only 8 exams total were taken there while I had over 30 final exams at the greek house last night.  Of that 30 I had it happen 5 times.

It never happened to the same sim twice.  Each sim in the household went to multiple final exams last night.  I had a total of 12 sims rotate through the greek house taking exams while there.  Some graduated and were replaced while waiting for my heiress to complete.

It happened to one last semester senior that graduated sucessfully anyway.  The rest were either second semester freshmen or third semester sophomores.

I did not restart the game between glitches but I did reload the house and the neighborhood.  The problems happened during three seperate reloads and may have been the first final exams after reload (I'm trying to think about this one I can't remember exactly).

All finals happened at night but most of my finals are happening at night in this house. 

The greek house is relatively old.  It's a sixth generation greek house that has seen about 50 students pass through it over the generations.  The lot and it's photo files are probably pretty congested. 

I culled my downloads file after installing patch, removed most of the hacks that were remaining.  I didn't want any conflicting hacks (Monday Morning Critical Fix ect..).  I have very few hacks atm since I am doing a serious legacy attempt, I don't think I have any hacks that aren't activated manually or object based (non that show up on clean installer).  For manually activated hacks I have triplets and quads installed.  And for Item based I have insim, bottomless bottle and the lot debugger object.
Shivani
Dimwitted Dunce

Efficiency is intelligent laziness.

View Profile
Re: Did the new patch rebreak final exams?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 February 11, 07:31:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For what it's worth, I have 95% of J.M.'s collection (minus stuff for the latest patch and the noregen sets, but plus a scattering from several other modders like twojeffs, crammyboy, etc.) and I just graduated a guy from uni with no issues.  Granted, it was a normal dorm, and admittedly, it was a brand new neighborhood/uni/downtown.
agcons
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 February 11, 09:54:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I parked two sims at university before installing the patch, but I haven't played them yet.  I had no problems with final exams before the patch, and I've made no additions to my hacks since then, so the only change to the game would be the patch.  I can I can post back about how the first semester goes later today or tomorrow.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 February 11, 17:04:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had it happen once after installing the patch, but fortunately I had saved the game a couple of 'game hours' before the exam time, and was able to exit and go back.  The sim took the exam with no problem the second time.  Oh, I use the college clock to speed things up, so the only difference between the first and second runs is that the first time the sim was busy doing something else (eating, I think) when the exam warning popped up, and he headed to the exam with about a 1/2 hour left.  The second time through I had him idling at the hour change and he headed right off, and was successful.

Oh, he also lives in a rental house, not a dorm.  I haven't sent any dormies to exams since installing the patch, so I can't say at this point if it's a global problem or just has something to do with the sim living 'off-campus'.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 February 11, 22:17:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They did change something in the code with the new patch. I'm looking now to see if they screwed something up.

Edit: Do you have my 'move off the portal' hack installed?
« Last Edit: 2006 February 11, 23:21:23 by twojeffs » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 February 12, 00:17:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The definitive list of every BHAV that has been altered in any way is here, compiled with my not-yet-completed hack update scanning tool.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ndainye
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 February 12, 04:05:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They did change something in the code with the new patch. I'm looking now to see if they screwed something up.

I don't have it installed at the moment: I had a vampire in the house a few gens back and move off the portal keeps them in the sun a bit too long.  I don't think there was anyone in the way of the portal though, I micro manage a ton and I keep a pretty close eye on them when they are leaving for class, finals especially.  I know that they went to their finals and that they came back on time and had the ++ as if they had been to class. 
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 February 12, 05:13:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's happened to me three times since installing the latest NL patch.  The first time the Sim in question was Sim ME, who came back about an hour too soon from her final and got the "Missed Final" message.  The next two came back on time, but the message came up saying they'd missed the exam.  I don't have any final exam fix mods of any kind in, so I'm going to have to add one I suppose.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 February 12, 18:59:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I do have that one installed.  And I had the problem happen with a sim in a dorm last night, so private residence has nothing to do with it.  Took three tries this time to get him to successfully complete the exam.  I'll try disabling it and see if that makes a difference.
« Last Edit: 2006 February 13, 02:26:41 by jsalemi » Logged

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 February 13, 14:51:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it's not conclusive yet, but I did disable the 'move away from portal hack' and had no porblem sending two sims in the same dorm to final exams. But now I think it may be a timing issue, as I mentioned in the other thread about this, where having a class and the final scheduled very close together messes something up.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2006 February 13, 15:29:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm thinking it's a timing issue as well, one that the 'move away from the portal' may be making worse, but I don't have any conclusive answers yet. I would recommend removing it for now though if you're having final exam problems.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 February 13, 18:20:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got a couple more sims getting close to finals, so if I play tonight after work, I'll play around with the timing some more and see if that continues to cause the problem.

Next day:  Yup, it looks like the timing is the problem.  I sent one sim to finals around the same time he was supposed to go to class, and he got the 'missed exam' error. Reloaded and then had him go to class first, and then to finals, and he passed with flying colors.  Oh, and I do have the 'moveawayfromportal' hack disabled for now.
« Last Edit: 2006 February 14, 19:57:18 by jsalemi » Logged

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: