More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 05:37:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Default eye replacements
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Default eye replacements  (Read 28314 times)
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
Re: Default eye replacements
« Reply #25 on: 2006 February 10, 16:10:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pegasys, you don't have to depend or wait on anyone for a particular default skin.  I wrote an easy to follow (I hope Smiley ) tutorial on how to make your own replacement skin. http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=2930.0

Enayla has made some nice black eyes here.  http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=128180

I still haven't managed to settle on eyes that I really like.  I have way too many eyes in my folder, and I can't make up my mind about which one to ditch.  The ones that stayed the longest were the ones by Xnem, Helaene and Echo66.  They are not ALL good, so they need some serious purging.  Just too much choice!!  I've replaced my default green eye with Enayla green.  It might be a bit too green, I am not sure.

I think it's too hard to restrict yourself to the 5 Maxis default.  The best thing is to have a wide range and then fix the genetics so they will behave like maxis eyes.

I think the problem for most (myself anyway) is that a choice has to be made between Realistic and Maxis style with improvements. The two just can't be mixed, Maxis style eyes look silly in real skin and real eyes look spooky in Maxis type skin..

The spookiest thing I saw was a ultra-realistic skin tone. (over Xenem's site) coupled with flat Maxis eyes. Man it looked weird.  It looked as if a real person had their eyes replaced by cartoon eyes.  It was really spooky.
Well at least I finally got rid of all my skins.  I'm sticking with Enayla's skins for now.  She has a wide range of colors, they are gorgeous, and it makes my population look consistant to have all the same style of skins.
Viscountess
Batelle
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 February 10, 16:40:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use Helaene's realistic eyes as my defaults and I think they're lovely over all.  The lighter colors also have lighter pupils, which doesn't look right to me.  

I've phased out almost all of my custom eyes that are simple recolors of the Maxi eyes just because they clash stylistically with the majority of the other sims.  I also have gotten rid of flat looking eyes and eyes that are a bit wavy at the edges. I love the color of the eyes that Enayla has packaged with her skins, but I don't like how they look along the lower lid.  
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 February 10, 18:07:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm picky too Brynne. IMO, barcelonista's eyes are too small in the color area, they seem to be rolling back in my sims' heads and the greens aren't green enough for me.

That's exactly it. My sims looked possessed or something. Still looking...
Issy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 February 10, 18:44:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These are the ones that I am currently using too.  Although the eyes are a tad too big and bright for my taste.  I like Barcelona's eyes but  they're a lil small and not quite bright enough.  Guess I'm real picky too!

I really like some of exnems eyes.  I had to download a whole bunch but suprisingly there are a few shades in there that are very nice.  I don't think anyone has made any defaults out of his creations.

I'll be keeping an eye out on this thread too, incase someone knows where there may be nicer ones.  Either way tho, look on the bright side, anything is better than the default maxis eyes!

"Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction".  ~Antoine de Exupery
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 February 10, 20:46:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really like some of exnems eyes.  I had to download a whole bunch but suprisingly there are a few shades in there that are very nice.  I don't think anyone has made any defaults out of his creations.

I agree some of the eyes are very nice.  There is a pair of spectacular blue eyes in there.

BTW Issy, it's incredibly easy to make default eyes.  It's literally just a few clicks in SimPE.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 February 10, 21:11:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just looked at exnem's site and noticed he does have a default set of eyes. Anyone tried those? They're not free.
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 February 10, 21:25:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just looked at exnem's site and noticed he does have a default set of eyes. Anyone tried those? They're not free.

His eyes are avalaible at mts2 http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=108151, but not the default set.  I don't know if he re-used the same eyes and made them into default.  My guess is yes, but I don't know.

Doesn't really matter because you can make a default set in about 5 minutes.

Lyall
Dimwitted Dunce

Voodoo Snowman

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 February 10, 21:38:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

His eyes are avalaible at mts2 http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=108151, but not the default set.  I don't know if he re-used the same eyes and made them into default.  My guess is yes, but I don't know.

Doesn't really matter because you can make a default set in about 5 minutes.

Okay, I'll bite. How? Cheesy

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall in an open sewer and die." - Mel Brooks
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 February 10, 21:41:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Angelyne posted a tutorial in Peasantry on how to do it.
Lyall
Dimwitted Dunce

Voodoo Snowman

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 February 10, 21:43:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought that was just for skins... Guess I'm stupider than I thought. ^^;; Thanks. Smiley

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall in an open sewer and die." - Mel Brooks
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 February 10, 21:47:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ugh, no I think I'm stupider than you thought.  I think it is only for skins, and for some reason I thought I was in a skins thread when I posted that.

My bad.  Embarrassed

On another note:  I am so creeped out now looking at these realistic skins (not just anatomically correct, but skin that looks like it was ripped off by Hannibal Lecter and then sewn onto the Sim) and realistic eyes.  I think I'll stick with my cartoony stuff.
Lyall
Dimwitted Dunce

Voodoo Snowman

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 February 10, 21:51:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haha, understandable. We all have our moments where our brains desert us. Smiley

And I have to agree. I've seen some skins and eyes that have just made me hit the back button at record speed.

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 February 10, 22:22:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's a tutorial I'm using right now. Fingers crossed.

http://genensims.com/tut-defaulteyes.htm

edit to add:

Done. It was *too* easy, lol. I'm loading up the game to see how it worked.
« Last Edit: 2006 February 10, 22:34:35 by Brynne » Logged
Baronetess
TaWanda
Nitwitted Nuisance

stolen from obsessiveicons@livejournal

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 February 10, 22:36:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.misscutiepie.net http://www.simmetrical.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=59&Itemid=128
 I like these and the eyes by echo66 at TSR. For real looking eyes I like Barcelonista's eyes best.
Lyall
Dimwitted Dunce

Voodoo Snowman

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 February 10, 22:43:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

edit to add:

Thanks! I'll edit here after I've used it (hopefully sometime in this decade).

Edit: Aha! I've done it. And I did it while being distracted by a videogame. Ain't I smart?  Wink
It really isn't hard, really easy actually.
« Last Edit: 2006 February 11, 01:34:07 by Lyall » Logged

angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 February 10, 23:19:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

edit to add:

haha told ya Smiley  I checked that that tutorial.  Pretty nice.  Except for that black background.  Black background do a number on my eyes for some reason.  I'm still seeing white flashes as I am typing this.

So Lyall, if you do post it here, I beg you, change that frigging background

On another note:  I am so creeped out now looking at these realistic skins (not just anatomically correct, but skin that looks like it was ripped off by Hannibal Lecter and then sewn onto the Sim) and realistic eyes.  I think I'll stick with my cartoony stuff.

Love the comparaison!  But I know what you mean.   His skins creep me out too.   I'll stick with Enayla's skin for now, even though I had to sacrifice certain "details"
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 February 10, 23:24:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ha! It worked!

I *hate* the way the eyes I chose look, but at least I know how to change them to something else, easily.  Tongue

Why do eyes never look on my sims like they look in the sims in the pictures? Why???

This is sim me with her contacts:

This is sim me with the new defaults:

Ack! Beady eyes! Contacts are back in.  Lips sealed

angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 February 10, 23:31:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nice contacts Smiley

Oh one further note:  If you download Gunmod's replacement eyes.  (too lazy to link to it), you get one file that contains all 5 replacement eyes.  You edit it the same way as shown in the above tutorial.  So you only have to deal with one file instead of 5. 
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 February 10, 23:35:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those contacts are by Lyran, btw, and they're awesome. I just wish I didn't have to have my sims all wear contacts.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 February 11, 01:00:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The tutorial Angelyne posted in Peasantry really covers anything involving swapping textures  Wink  The only real difference between doing eyes or skintones is the number of textures used.

The tutorial Brynne followed is only different because it has you exporting the texture file from another eye package rather then exporting it as a project in Bodyshop.

Those contacts are by Lyran, btw, and they're awesome. I just wish I didn't have to have my sims all wear contacts.

I haven't looked at sim contacts but it might be possible to turn them into real sim eyes...probably just a matter of copy & paste in a graphics program...
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2006 February 11, 01:04:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure all of Lyran's eyes are available as both custom eyes and contacts.  And there are dark brown eyes available on that site, so theoretically if someone liked an eye out of each colour family she has, they could mix and match and make a default set of their own.
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2006 February 11, 01:13:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The tutorial Angelyne posted in Peasantry really covers anything involving swapping textures  Wink  The only real difference between doing eyes or skintones is the number of textures used.

Inded this can be quite useful.  Let's say you have these eyes that have spread through your neighbourhood that you have grown to hate.  Locate the offending file, replace the texture with one you extracted from some eyes you like and voila.  All your sims have now a new look.  Modify the genetic field in the file from someone else than zero (1 or 2) and it will now behave like a Maxis eye and will no longer dominate in all your sim kids.

You could also delete the offending file, but I believe your eyes will be replaced with Maxis default randomly (I'm not sure about that).  In any case this method gives you more control, and I don't like the idea of having a sim who points at a file that no longer exists.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2006 February 11, 01:42:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure all of Lyran's eyes are available as both custom eyes and contacts.  And there are dark brown eyes available on that site, so theoretically if someone liked an eye out of each colour family she has, they could mix and match and make a default set of their own.

It does. I have all those contacts in custom eyecolors, as well. I really like them, except they do have that shading someone mentioned before that you can see when they  open their eyes really wide. That's why I'm on the hunt for more.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2006 February 11, 01:55:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It does. I have all those contacts in custom eyecolors, as well. I really like them, except they do have that shading someone mentioned before that you can see when they  open their eyes really wide. That's why I'm on the hunt for more.

If you make your favorite 5 into defaults then your sims wouldn't need the contacts..might be a good temporary solution untill you find the eyes that are perfect  Wink

/rant on

why on earth did Maxis do light blue & dark blue eyes but not light&dark for green & brown   Tongue

/rant off

hmmm maybe I'll change one of the blues to another color...
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2006 February 11, 01:58:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going to have to go through my downloads folder to pick out my colors. I thought about that, anyway. I've turned 3 of helaene's sets into defaults, and tried the gunmod ones, and they all looked horrible on my sims, like their eyes had been bruised.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: