More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 21:46:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Default eye replacements
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Default eye replacements  (Read 28313 times)
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
Default eye replacements
« on: 2006 February 10, 03:54:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm using a set of default eye replacements I downloaded off MTS2, and I do like them a lot, definitely better than the Maxis eyes, but I'm still looking for that ULTIMATE set of eye replacements. One thing in particular I'm looking for is that the brown eyes are a true, deep, dark, brown -  NOT light brown, NOT a dark gray,  but rather like dark chocolate. Also that the eyes are not too shiny, goopy or having overly thick eyelashes. Any suggestions?

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
Re: Default eye replacements
« Reply #1 on: 2006 February 10, 04:03:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been looking for the exact same thing the past few days. I downloaded some from MTS2 that everyone here seemed to like, but I didn't like them for the blue eyes at all. Irises were too small and pale. I don't like the "realistic look" that a lot of people like, or the shiny look. I'll be watching this thread!

I'm using lyran's right now, but I'm not 100% happy with them, either. I'm picky.  Tongue
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 February 10, 04:04:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a set of eye replacements that I really like, not too shiny or weird looking, but the browns are not that dark.  More like a hazelish colour. I'd be interested also to see what everyone else is using.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 February 10, 04:41:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have yet to find anything that I like as well as this set that GunMod made from Helaene's "sparkling eyes" series:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=88441&highlight=default

Admittedly these are VERY shiny eyes. I actually choose other (less shiny) eyes for most of the Sims I create myself, but these particular eyes work really nicely on all of my townies and Maxis Sims, whereas some of the eyes that I like better look strange on some faces.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 February 10, 04:49:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been looking for good brown eyes since Bella's eyes began showing up in various grandchildren. Unfortunately, if I find brown ones I like, the blues I hate. Too pale. I guess there's no law saying they all have to be from one set, though, huh? 
ksstrek
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 February 10, 05:44:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I too use Haelene's eyes that GunMod made into default replacements. After using these eyes, I would not use any others. they are very lifelike and liquid.  I have a default set of skins that I like from Jfreddog, but if GunMod can make Haelene's skins default I will be all over that in a heartbeat.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 February 10, 05:59:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just found these on MTS2 today. Haelene's latest set have been made into defaults, as well by Greenlea:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=129409

Haven't tried them out, but they look nice in the pictures. The brown is more greenish brown, though, I think.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 February 10, 06:11:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I finally remembered who made my default eyes, thankfully.  It was driving me crazy.

They are Lyran default replacement, and they all look quite nice in the game.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 February 10, 06:14:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use Lyran's too,but I'm still looking, lol. They're very decent, though.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 February 10, 06:20:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I too use Haelene's eyes that GunMod made into default replacements. After using these eyes, I would not use any others. they are very lifelike and liquid.  I have a default set of skins that I like from Jfreddog, but if GunMod can make Haelene's skins default I will be all over that in a heartbeat.

There are already a few default sets of her skintones on MTS2, just not by GunMod. I was using the default replacements of her 805 series for a while, before I switched to SimCribbling's #7 series. (Aside from liking them better around the eyes, he's also got matching alien and zombie skins that someone also made into defaults.)

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 February 10, 07:31:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I too use Lyran's eyes. I'm quite happy with them. Sometimes I think the light blue is a little too light but I mostly think that when they end up on a dark-skinned sim.

"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."
- WC Fields
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 February 10, 07:32:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use barcelonista's default realistic eyes from MTS2. If you go to the second page in the thread, she includes some default dark brown eyes that are absolutely gorgeous, and two different colors for the blue. I am using these eyes on all of my CAS sims now, I think they are perfect.

Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2006 February 10, 07:52:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use Syera's default replacements.  You could look at them and see if you like them.  Go to www.springhole.net/bogsims then click on Genetics and they're listed under Syera>Eye Colors.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2006 February 10, 09:55:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use these ones here: http://laverwinklesims.com/index.php?topic=14.0

Misty, those eyes are lovely! I might just try those ones out, and have the ones I have just posted as normal choosable eyecolours.

Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2006 February 10, 10:38:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just found these on MTS2 today. Haelene's latest set have been made into defaults, as well by Greenlea:

Haven't tried them out, but they look nice in the pictures. The brown is more greenish brown, though, I think.

They look very nice. But the brown still doesn't look very brown to me - it looks kind of gray, at least on my monitor.

I use barcelonista's default realistic eyes from MTS2. If you go to the second page in the thread, she includes some default dark brown eyes that are absolutely gorgeous, and two different colors for the blue. I am using these eyes on all of my CAS sims now, I think they are perfect.

Thanks everyone for your links and suggestions. Ellatrue, I have been using Barcelonista's default realistic eyes; they come closest to what I want, I just wish the browns were a bit browner and the greens a tad bit greener. I'm picky too, I guess.  But maybe I can replace the default brown with a different one if I can figure out how to do it.
« Last Edit: 2006 February 10, 10:46:23 by Pegasys » Logged

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
Adara
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 February 10, 10:38:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use this eyes http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=62125
They look really great in game
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 February 10, 11:53:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They look very nice. But the brown still doesn't look very brown to me - it looks kind of gray, at least on my monitor.

Well, I tried these out, and they aren't for me. My sims are still wearing their contact lenses, lol. I must be really picky, because all the ones everyone else seems to love look awful on my sims.  Tongue
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2006 February 10, 12:46:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just started using Lyran's as well and I like them a lot. Syera's are beautiful though too...I have never seen that site before, thanks for the link! I'll have to see what else nice they have Cheesy

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 February 10, 12:56:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm picky too Brynne. IMO, barcelonista's eyes are too small in the color area, they seem to be rolling back in my sims' heads and the greens aren't green enough for me. Stunning eyes, very magnificent, but I"m insatiably picky. I delete beautiful things all the time due to one itty bitty flaw. I'm waiting to see what Enayla's eyes are going to look like, I got a couple of them with her skin tones and love them.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 February 10, 13:58:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use the ones by sugarandcaffeine

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=56315

I have tried other peoples but they just don't look as good in-game, imho

of course some people don't care for the realistic bit of red on the edges (they are like slightly bloodshot eyes)

yesterday I went looking (at mts2) for some eyes I downloaded ages ago, loved them but hated that custom = dominant issue and got rid of them (oddly enough I didn't have more copys of them on this computer...must be on my other one) well I found them (by going to the last page of eyes and working backward) and laughed when I realized they were also made by sugarandcaffeine (back then I didn't keep track of whos stuff I downloaded)
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 February 10, 14:08:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use those too, Sleepycat. Smiley I really like the red around the eye - when the sims look to the side, or up, or open their eyes really really wide, it looks more real without looking too realistic. I don't like so-called realistic eyes most time because of the heavy shading that always seems to be put around the iris - when the sims look anywhere but straight ahead there's that big chunk of smudge. Even the flat paper look of plain white is better than that.

Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 February 10, 14:20:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I tried these out, and they aren't for me. My sims are still wearing their contact lenses, lol. I must be really picky, because all the ones everyone else seems to love look awful on my sims.  Tongue

I feel the same way,
I've downloaded every half decent looking custom skin and eye (as a once and for all) I could find over the past 2 weeks and still have yet to find anything I like better than what I have. (Lyran's eyes)

I was excited when I saw Barcelonista's set of Real Eyes, I think the dark blue is gorgeous, but the rest...

edit: apparently the caffeine is wearing off and I need sleep Angry

« Last Edit: 2006 February 10, 14:54:12 by Zeljka » Logged

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
Syera
Exasperating Eyesore

A well-stocked toolkit can fix anything...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2006 February 10, 14:42:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use these ones here: http://laverwinklesims.com/index.php?topic=14.0

Misty, those eyes are lovely! I might just try those ones out, and have the ones I have just posted as normal choosable eyecolours.

I'm glad you like them!  Smiley  I was getting so tired of the cataracts and marine-green look, but I didn't want the whole "realistic" look for my Sims' eyes.

The BogSims Institute - We've been updating these days...
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 February 10, 15:07:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great set Syera,
It was in my folder of eyes to test but I hadn't made it that far in the alphabet (so... many... eyes...) I checked it out and it looks great on the townies.
I particularly like that unlike so many others, your green is actually green. I don't understand why so many people make them in shades that clash with certain skin tones (usually dark)

I think the problem for most (myself anyway) is that a choice has to be made between Realistic and Maxis style with improvements. The two just can't be mixed, Maxis style eyes look silly in real skin and real eyes look spooky in Maxis type skin...

I predict the novelty of realistic skins that look superb on the right Sim while zoomed in (but can look quite monstrous otherwise) will wear off quickly for me and I'll go back to a Maxis style for my default, saving the 'real' skins and eyes for CAS sims.

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
Syera
Exasperating Eyesore

A well-stocked toolkit can fix anything...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2006 February 10, 16:03:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great set Syera,
It was in my folder of eyes to test but I hadn't made it that far in the alphabet (so... many... eyes...) I checked it out and it looks great on the townies.
I particularly like that unlike so many others, your green is actually green. I don't understand why so many people make them in shades that clash with certain skin tones (usually dark)
Generally speaking, it's the light-blue eyes that get me.  People seem to always make them too light.  But yeah, a lot of "realistic" green eyes are just icky.

I think the problem for most (myself anyway) is that a choice has to be made between Realistic and Maxis style with improvements. The two just can't be mixed, Maxis style eyes look silly in real skin and real eyes look spooky in Maxis type skin...
Yep, I agree.  It's for that reason that I rarely, if ever, download custom cosmetics - the 'realistic' style just looks odd with my Maxis-style Sims.

I predict the novelty of realistic skins that look superb on the right Sim while zoomed in (but can look quite monstrous otherwise) will wear off quickly for me and I'll go back to a Maxis style for my default, saving the 'real' skins and eyes for CAS sims.
As it is, I've always kinda liked the "cartoony" style of the default Sims.  The Sims I've seen using 'realistic' skins do look rather spiffy... for about fifteen seconds.  Then I realize they totally clash with the 'cartoony' look of everything else in the game. 

The BogSims Institute - We've been updating these days...
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: