More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 23:32:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Is there a no trash obsession hack?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is there a no trash obsession hack?  (Read 10356 times)
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
Is there a no trash obsession hack?
« on: 2006 February 09, 23:31:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm tired of my sims suddenly deciding to take out the trash autonomously while I'm tending to another sim, then dropping it wherever they are when something else catches their attention, like the car pool.  Or if I didn't notice and queued up something else for them to do.

I looked through the hacks on everybody's boards and did a search, but I couldn't find anything.  It seems like I saw something for that purpose, maybe as part of another hack, but I don't know what or where to find it.  I leave free will on all the time just because I like to see what wierd things they'll do on their own, but this is driving me crazy!  (short drive, I know).

All I really want is for them to finish the "take out the trash" action before they do whatever the next thing is instead of dropping the trash and the action from their queue.  Can someone point me in the right direction?

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: Is there a no trash obsession hack?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 February 09, 23:36:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would also like this Grin

Tgdrysix
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 February 09, 23:38:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm tired of my sims suddenly deciding to take out the trash autonomously while I'm tending to another sim, then dropping it wherever they are when something else catches their attention, like the car pool.  Or if I didn't notice and queued up something else for them to do.

I looked through the hacks on everybody's boards and did a search, but I couldn't find anything.  It seems like I saw something for that purpose, maybe as part of another hack, but I don't know what or where to find it.  I leave free will on all the time just because I like to see what wierd things they'll do on their own, but this is driving me crazy!  (short drive, I know).

All I really want is for them to finish the "take out the trash" action before they do whatever the next thing is instead of dropping the trash and the action from their queue.  Can someone point me in the right direction?

Unfortunately I haven't come across one either....I know no real help....but I just started putting the trashcans closer to the kitchen....like in a "closet" or on a back porch...so at least when they feel the need to haul the trash out  , whether it's a necessary one or not....they don't have as far to walk!!!!  Angry  Tgdrysix

Lurking since 2005...and proud of it!

Sims2, Uni, NL, OFB, Glamour,Pets, Seasons , BV, Freetime, Celebration, K&B, Ikea
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 February 10, 00:10:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Macros has a feature for taking out the trash, and once you press on macros>>>take out trash, you can press macros>>>concentrate, which will force it to stay in the queue.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 February 10, 00:23:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Luckily my sims usually decide to do it on returning from work, so at least they don't get side-tracked by the car -pool.And if the patch really does include the maid dealing with the trash, then even that should be a thing of the past!

Zephyr Zodiac
Syera
Exasperating Eyesore

A well-stocked toolkit can fix anything...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 February 10, 00:27:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like a mod for this, too.  Their obsession with taking out the trash is ridiculous.  I mean, what kind of normal person takes out the trash when there's nothing in it but a chip bag?!

The BogSims Institute - We've been updating these days...
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 February 10, 00:39:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, it would make more sense if they got the urge to take the trash out if it was spewing green gas!

But if your trash-compactor breaks down, the repairman is more likely to get fried if it's full of trash!

Zephyr Zodiac
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 February 10, 01:33:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't usually hire maids.  I have nannies when necessary, but not maids.  In my hood with about 40 houses, I think I only have one house that actually has a maid.  The rest of them are cleaning up after themselves so they can build up their cleaning skill.

Besides, I love to watch a sloppy sim give me the "Aww!" and disgruntled slump when I make him/her clean up after themselves.  Especially if they've just done something stupid, like start a painting on the third easel when they haven't finished the other two, or sitting down to play chess when their bladder, hunger and energy bars are way lower than their fun bar (all items being within close range of the sim at the time).

And I have a few anal-retentive super-neat sims who just HAVE to be cleaning something.  One daddy will get a bottle for his toddler, and before the toddler can get to the bottle (on the floor), daddy will pick it up and throw it away!  I have to make sure he's got something else to do right after getting the bottle so the baby can eat!  And then, with only one thing, like the bottle, in the trash, he HAS to take it out.

I don't have a problem with them dropping the trash after I've told them to take it out, Bluesoup.  It's only when they take it upon themselves to grab it before I realize it.  Is the Macros you're talking about that Macrotastics?  I've never used it, because that's just not my playing style, but does it have something like a programming function so that you can set it to always do that, or does it just do it for that one time?

BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 February 10, 01:47:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have a problem with them dropping the trash after I've told them to take it out, Bluesoup.  It's only when they take it upon themselves to grab it before I realize it.  Is the Macros you're talking about that Macrotastics?  I've never used it, because that's just not my playing style, but does it have something like a programming function so that you can set it to always do that, or does it just do it for that one time?

No, it just does it for the one time.  But you can use the Concentrate function for everything in Macros, and also customize your Macrotastics set-up the way you want.  If you don't want the Bathroom to use your Sims, for example, don't install that function/object, and it won't show on the pie menu.

Alternatively, you could turn off freewill.
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 February 10, 02:48:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, that's not really what I had in mind, then.  I'd like something that worked in the background all the time like the scanner gun hack or the phone hack.  Just to keep the taking out the trash action in the queue until they're done.

It's about as annoying as when a toddler is using the potty chair.  Try to queue up any actions after telling them to use the potty and they stop and go do the next thing.  But if you want to queue a family member to get a bottle for the toddler while the toddler is on the potty, you can't.

I'm sure these are "features" not "bugs".  Blah!

katemonster
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 February 10, 02:52:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would also love a hack for this. As to the toddler potty thing--there *is* actually a hack for that--it's the No Midstream Stop hack by Phedge and it's on the Peasantry board on MATY. It rules.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 February 10, 03:42:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Count me in for this hack request too.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 February 10, 04:44:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As I am "neat manic", I like very much to see my sims take the trash out.

Besides, there is trash to be taken out, when you eat TV dinner, hot dogs, and hamburgers. So, after each meal, I just hover over the trash compactor, to see if there is a trash to be taken.  No big deal, and it adds to the environment rate.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2006 February 10, 05:11:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL, I never check the trash compactors and if I see them trying to take it out, I stop them.  If they're paying the maid to do it, the maid does it.  In the houses where the Sims are broke and have bins, they're always overflowing with green stuff.  Makes me feel at home ...

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 February 10, 08:41:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just wonder why it took Maxis so long to get the maid to do it!  Never a problem in sims1 - they'd also make the empty half of a double bed, so the sleeping sim got an increased room score!  And now with NL and the original patch for NL, I find the maid won't make one of the medium range beds at all!

Zephyr Zodiac
Entgleichen
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 February 10, 10:59:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like to have a hack which stops the sims from autonomously taking out the trash. Or, at least, makes them take it out far less, because they do it every free moment. 
ebonyspiral
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 February 10, 12:33:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll second.. third.. forth.. whatever.. a hack for this.

My Shambles family is completely obsessed with removing the trash! ...though I suspect they are disposing of decidedly sinister things in that binbag... *shivers*

FACT INTO DOUBT WON'T GO
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 February 10, 13:03:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Short answer is, stick to the messy signs like Sagittarius!

Zephyr Zodiac
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 February 10, 14:47:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I heard that with the new patch the maid now picks up the trash so at least my Sims won't rush to the garbage can as soon as they come back from work!

Important thing for me is that if they start they action on their own, they must finish it before they do something else.... I hate it when they don't finish the action, you don't notice it right away and you become invade by roaches.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 February 10, 14:51:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, very neat sims often notice and go and clean it up!

Personally, I just wish they wouldn't try to clean baths and toilets which are IN USE dammit!

Zephyr Zodiac
Issy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 February 10, 19:05:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like this hack too.  I don't have a problem with them taking out the trash say once a day, but if you have something go into the trash often and you have a sim that tries to take it out all the time it gets annoying.

It would of been better if the trash got full after using it a few times (makes sense).

"Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction".  ~Antoine de Exupery
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 February 10, 19:58:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would make even better sense if, when the only thing in it is the newspaper, and it gets dropped outside, it doesn't attract vermin!  I mean, you can leave a newspaper lying on the front lawn forever, and no cockroaches - put it in a bin or a TC and suddenly it becomes a target for them!

Zephyr Zodiac
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 February 10, 21:14:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally, I just wish they wouldn't try to clean baths and toilets which are IN USE dammit!

I heartily second that one!  Or how about a nanny or parent who empties the potty while the toddler is still sitting on it?  Ewww!

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 February 10, 23:23:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Disgusting!  What kind of people could have programmed THAT?  Obviously pre-teens still at the anal stage of development!

Zephyr Zodiac
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 February 10, 23:45:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find "Free Will Off" solves at least 99% of these problems.

It doesn't seem to help with the nannies or maids though who seem to take an interest in cleaning the bathroom the exact same moment you decide to use it...
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: