More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 20:16:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  For those BBS-phobics....there's a new patch out.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: For those BBS-phobics....there's a new patch out.  (Read 113315 times)
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Re: For those BBS-phobics....there's a new patch out.
« Reply #75 on: 2006 February 08, 17:24:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but you forget that Pescado will not be getting OFB for 6-8 weeks after the release, and that's if he gets it at all. 

Also, I heard that the terrains issues were completely fixed with it, although I haven't tested this myself.  I will try it in a clean game tonight to see if that's the case, but Twain was able to package a lot with deleted terrains, so hopefully they have fixed it.  Grin
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2006 February 08, 17:36:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And not everyone will be getting OFB, so they will bo doubt be glad the patch has been updated!

If the increase in PC stats is similar to what happened with each EP so far, then a lot of people won't be able to afford it - it's not just the cost of the pack itself, but the cost of upgrading in order to play it!... And you can't run multiple versions of the game like you could with sims1, where you could have different combinations of EPs stored on a second hard drive which you could load as long as all the registry entries were in the registry.  So installing the EP may mean for some people they will have to do without either Uni or NL and have a complete reinstall.

Zephyr Zodiac
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2006 February 08, 17:53:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's standing on the fence a bit, isn't it?

Eep, do you really think so? I was rather planning on waiting for OFB as well. I'm not sure some of the hacks I like are going to be upgraded for OFB at all and I expect it to change a lot, nevermind fixing them for a patch just a few weeks before. I don't want to lose them now and my game is running well at the moment, so I thought I'd just wait until I knew I was going to have to remove them anyway, in March. When OFB comes out, with features I actually want, I'll take out all the hacks and play with it. As, and more importantly if, hacks are updated, I'll put them back (there's several I'll miss badly <sniff>).

I missed it if Pescado has decided for sure if he's willing to update patches for OFB (6-8 weeks away or not). Is there any chance simPE is going to be fixed in the next couple of weeks?

Unsouper
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2006 February 08, 18:00:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eep, do you really think so?

I was teasing, not really serious!

Zephyr Zodiac
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2006 February 08, 18:07:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's standing on the fence a bit, isn't it?
I missed it if Pescado has decided for sure if he's willing to update patches for OFB (6-8 weeks away or not). Is there any chance simPE is going to be fixed in the next couple of weeks?

I don't know if he's decided for sure or not.  Torkle is working on a fix for SimPE as far as I know, and I think the only limitation he has to do that is his time, not ability or anything like that.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2006 February 08, 18:14:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this fix for SimPE in order to make it compatible with OFB?

Zephyr Zodiac
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2006 February 08, 18:21:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a fix because apparently the new interface is buggy or something and when Pescado tried to use it, it kept crashing on him.  He'd make the change and then before he could save it, it would crash.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2006 February 08, 18:28:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I rarely use the new interface, I seem to have more success with the classic version, and although I've downloaded the latest update I haven't got around to trying it yet.  I've had no trouble with the version I'm using, though.  It's never crashed on me whether in classic or the new interface.  Of course, now I know that SimPE is liable to crash, no doubt it will happen!

Zephyr Zodiac
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2006 February 08, 18:37:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use both the Classic version and the other one, but I've not had it crash on me either. Of course, I'm not using it as much as he no doubt is.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2006 February 08, 19:03:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's probably it, maybe after a while it becomes unstable.

One thing I have found, though, is to be careful that one version has completely finished closing down before trying to load the other, or your PC just locks up!

Zephyr Zodiac
Persephone
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2006 February 08, 19:16:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hang all those things in the patch, all I want is a fix for the freaking made and her obsession with the fishtank. 

Have you tried 2Jeff's aquarium fix?  http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=2881.0

...or did you just want Maxis to fix it?  Tongue

Did not know about that fix, thanks for pointing it out.
Issy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2006 February 08, 19:50:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had a fresh install a couple of days ago and haven't really played yet.  So I'll install this patch when I get home and see how it goes.

"Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction".  ~Antoine de Exupery
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2006 February 08, 20:21:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since I installed the patch (yes I like to try things out) it seems to me that the maid take the trash out, and as far as I can recall the maid did not do that before. And I like it very much...
The stupid "completed first year of university" is now replaced by the more logical "did not go to university" (and it made my sim cry for hours !!). Next thing I will have a family reunion and see what happens to mys sims' memories.
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: 2006 February 08, 20:24:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since I installed the patch (yes I like to try things out) it seems to me that the maid take the trash out, and as far as I can recall the maid did not do that before. And I like it very much...
The stupid "completed first year of university" is now replaced by the more logical "did not go to university" (and it made my sim cry for hours !!). Next thing I will have a family reunion and see what happens to mys sims' memories.

Nio, they did NOT take out the trash before, hooray! *cheers*

Is the "did not go to university" memory from dropping out?

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2006 February 08, 20:27:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's supposed to be for teens that transition directly to adulthood without going to University.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: 2006 February 08, 21:08:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So what is the "Was Uneducated" memory in SimPE for?  I assumed that was for teens who never went to Uni. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2006 February 08, 21:09:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The "maxmotives" cheat will no longer interfere with the availability of sleep related interactions involving beds, coffins, and sofas.

So sims that are already in bed will stay in the bed?

Electro Dance Spheres can now be used at all skill levels properly

...wha?

Dorm Cooks will no longer duplicate on previously played lots after installing Nightlife.

Pfft.  I've had them duplicate on newly played lots...

The Mad Scientist career track will no longer have a conflicting message about missing a day of work and having the day off.

But what about the other careers I know I've seen this happen too?

Moving lots with University Graduates into the Sim Bin and back into the neighborhood will no longer cause all of the diplomas to belong to one Sim, instead the will belong to their original owners.

But it'll still FUBAR your game all to hell.

Pollination Technician 9 family tree is now showing all correct branches.

Now this is kind of confusing.  The only thing screwed up with his tree is that the Singles sisters and the Curious brothers don't recognize each other as siblings.

Many multi-tile objects can now be placed against walls after being placed into a Sims inventory and then the Sim changes lots.

Notice that they said "Many", not "All".

Addressed an issue where using the eyedropper tool allowed players to place objects on a lot beyond the amount of money they currently have.

Gee, thanks...

Computers are no longer able to be placed in a Sims inventory if the computers are turned on.

Gee, thanks again...   Roll Eyes

The NPC Gypsy Matchmaker will only come by to initially greet new Sims in a neighborhood once per neighborhood instead of every new lot created.

Meaning that they'll still come by.  I'll keep my anti-gypsy walkby thank you very much.
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2006 February 08, 21:24:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Young Adult Male Sims can no longer get pregnant and give birth by using the Electro Dance Sphere.  So who is the father of these babies?  I am simply going to have to find out ...

This has happened to me twice.  The first time, I didn't notice it, but the second time I saw it happen and thought "OOH! I wasn't going to let him use that thing!"

If a male teen has been abducted (satisfying the ET Reparations Grant want) then he can be abducted again at any time when he uses the EDS.  The first time it happened to one of my sims, I didn't realize that it was the EDS that caused it until I posted here.  The second time it happened, I used the Insim to check and see if he was pregnant when he got back and, sure enough, he was, with Pollination Technician as the father.  So I used Insim to suspend the pregnancy until he graduated.  As soon as he got back to the hood, he popped out at the 25 hour mark.  He hasn't given birth yet.  The first one was born at Uni and had to be teleported back to the hood after her dad graduated.  She just graduated Uni herself.

But THIS:

Many multi-tile objects can now be placed against walls after being placed into a Sims inventory and then the Sim changes lots.

This was one I reported to the BBS because MaxoidTom asked me to after reading one of my posts.  I really hope that's fixed!  When my Uni grads get back to the hood, I have them move into a small house, then, when they've gotten enough money to move up, I move them into a house with a garage so they can get a car.  I've gotten really tired of having to replace beds, dressers and couches every time, and sometimes any musical instruments and career rewards they have.  So I hope it really does fix that!

And as for the computer being turned on when placed in inventory -  I've had some computers display nothing but a blue flashing screen after being moved, so I assume that this addresses a problem there.

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
Paperbladder
Paperian Heretic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2006 February 08, 21:29:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

An unrequested patch?  Why the generosity Maxis?  Oh wait, you want us to buy OFB immediately don't you?  I don't think so, a little patch doesn't change the fact that it'll take 6-8 weeks for Pescado to make it playable, if he even gets it all.  I can't deal with your little annoyances such as cheering, useless calls, and What's Thising.  I also can't buy the game if it'll leave me unprotected against those "too many interations" errors that you still didn't fix.

Anyway, I won't be downloading the patch just yet.  Maybe when it's evaluated a little more by the hackers I'll install it, nothing on that list is anything that isn't already fixed by them.
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2006 February 08, 21:53:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So what is the "Was Uneducated" memory in SimPE for?  I assumed that was for teens who never went to Uni. 
I'm playing the sims in french, so I don't know the words in english exactly. I will look at some of my sims that went to university and drop out and the only one that has been expelled. I think that drop out doesn't have a memory associated, but I can be wrong.

AncientSim : I think the issue with the wrong graduation memory comes from notelepathy : I started to notice these memories after installing notelepathy. Removing it from my downloads stops new "wrong memories" to appear. So I don't think it's a bug from Maxis (for once).

Pioupiou
seven
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2006 February 08, 22:04:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And not everyone will be getting OFB, so they will bo doubt be glad the patch has been updated!

If the increase in PC stats is similar to what happened with each EP so far, then a lot of people won't be able to afford it - it's not just the cost of the pack itself, but the cost of upgrading in order to play it!... And you can't run multiple versions of the game like you could with sims1, where you could have different combinations of EPs stored on a second hard drive which you could load as long as all the registry entries were in the registry.  So installing the EP may mean for some people they will have to do without either Uni or NL and have a complete reinstall.

I've been wondering about this. Thanks for mentioning it! I installed the base game and Uni on a 2nd hard drive, but couldn't with NL. So yeah, I'll have to upgrade my computer before I'll even be able to install OFB. Wonderful. I guess I'll have to check out the patches. I haven't installed any of them.

Just accept that it is smarter than you, and let it do its thing.   ~guess who
Mike
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2006 February 08, 22:05:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

May I ask why Pescado waits 6-8 weeks to get Eps? Does he live in a cave or something?
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2006 February 08, 22:08:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorta.  He allegedly lives in a bunker, and that's how long his oh-so-secretive FedEx guy takes to deliver it.  Wink
Mike
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2006 February 08, 22:11:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He probably lives at Area-51.............
Mike
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2006 February 08, 22:38:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For some reason, im tempted to install the patch, risking the fact that it certainly WILL explode.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: