More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 13:56:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Mom, Where do Dormies come from?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Mom, Where do Dormies come from?  (Read 2531 times)
pcgeekri
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Mom, Where do Dormies come from?
« on: 2006 March 23, 01:15:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But seriously where, how do dormies get populated?  I'm asking cause I'm wondering if the DormGender chooser mod is actually controlling the gender of the sim generated or just choosing a gender from the pool of allready generated dormies?

Thanks,

Pcgeekri
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Mom, Where do Dormies come from?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 23, 01:21:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe there's a pool of pre-existing dormies, because I see the same  ones over and over, even living in different dorms at the same time! I think they work just like townies -- if one dies or becomes playable, the game generates a new one (assuming you don't have a hack that prevents generation).

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 23, 04:21:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When you choose a University to attach to a hood it comes with it's own set of pre-made dormies, same happens with your main Hood, Downtown etc...

Of course, you can delete them all - easier to do in a new hood - (or kill them all off and let them regen), then you can get new ones and if you have better CAS Face replacements you can get ones that look much better. If you have/get Jordi's better names hack thingy, they will also get different names.
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 23, 04:35:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have found that if you make your own young adult, export them as a townie with the InSIMinator or Inge's Teleporter Shrub Plus (most dormies seem to be townies per The Summoner from the InSIMinator) then kill a dormie of the same gender after the export, it will not generate another one to replace it. That way you can have whatever kind of dormies you like. The cool thing is, if you export them after you have had them claim a door, and use Inge's shrub to "remove all non-residents", they will vanish from the lot and then come right back and go to their room and behave as normal townie dormies behave. I always count my character files after doing this to verify...well I used to. I haven't since I confirmed they were positively not regenerating. The only thing you will notice is that the furniture is still visible in their room, but that causes no harm.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: