More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 07:12:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Autonomous Flirts More Frequent in NL?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Autonomous Flirts More Frequent in NL?  (Read 21208 times)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Autonomous Flirts More Frequent in NL?
« Reply #50 on: 2006 February 08, 16:31:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I sometimes graduate a YA and move them into a house where there's a new baby.

Zephyr Zodiac
Issy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2006 February 08, 21:14:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my game the sims always autonomously flirt (after checking out a sim and they have a gender preference) but I've noticed that the townies will flirt with sims regardless of them being in a relationship or not.

I've also noticed that if you have an engaged or married sim, they will autonomous flirt on comm lots if they have like a 3 bolt going on with another sim.  It's rare but it does happen.

"Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction".  ~Antoine de Exupery
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2006 February 08, 21:40:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alexander is always a Knowledge sim in my game.  It just seems natural.  And like JM said, they're the least annoying asperation out there.  The only time I get annoyed with this is when they insist on learning how to cook everything under the sun and want everyone and they're dog to be vampires.  (the latter of which passes eventually)

As for autonomous flirting?  Well, you should see some of my hoods.  Especially the townies!  Whenever I send my sims to a community lot I make them check out every sim of the approriate gender and then have them talk to them just because I'm curious to see how much chemistry they have with everyone.  After a bit of doing this things start to heat up, literally.  Its not uncommon for me to be on a lot just to buy a cell phone and hear the sound that plays when a sim gets a crush on another.  Then I'll scroll over to see who it was to find them making out!
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: 2006 February 08, 21:49:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you check them out in Family ties as well as sim relations?

Yep, done that.  His mother is Bella, as it always was.  Dina is no longer shown as married to Mortimer, I removed that tie, and Mortimer isn't shown as married to Dina either.  The only connection between Dina & Alexander is that her children are his half-siblings, although that shouldn't make any difference because at the end of the day, there's no blood relationship between Dina & Alexander.  I had the same problem in my original Pleasantview - Amin Sims had 2 bolts for his stepdaughter, who wasn't shown as family (even though he'd brought her up from being a child), but no romantic interactions were open to them.  Even worse was Desdemona Dreamer, who had 3 bolts for Jonathan Burb but they couldn't interact romantically because he was married to her niece.  The ridiculous thing was, Jonathan was related to his wife by blood (he was John & Jennifer's son and he married Lilith & Dirk's daughter, who was Jennifer's great-niece) but the game didn't acknowledge that relationship.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2006 February 09, 01:39:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, some non-blood relationships such as step-parent/child are considered taboo in a lot of cultures, whereas cousin marriage is not always frowned upon.  In fact, I think it's only in the Catholic church where it is forbidden (unless you get a special dispensation from the Pope), and it's certainly not against the Law.   So maybe Maxis was trying not to offend people's religious sensibilities by making step-parents unable to have a relationship with their step-child (although if they are romance they frequently want to!)

Zephyr Zodiac
Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

:P

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2006 February 09, 15:17:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think Trubble had Dina and Alexander get together in her Pleasantview Saga (I think that's what it was called???) but only briefly.  Her Alexander was very twisted.  Cheesy  I made Alexander Fortune because it seemed to suit him as a rich kid.  I am not sure yet what I will make him in my new Pleasantview.  I could go with Knowledge like his father, but I do have a lot of Knowledge Sims already.  It seems to be my favorite aspiration followed closely by Family.

Haha, yes I did (and yeah that's what it was called Cheesy). Alex was *very* twisted. I also changed Dina's hair, dress and makeup to that of Bella, surprisingly similar apart from the green eyes. It was all part of the plot though... Alex didn't have kids with Dina, he did have an alien son though, who he treated like a test subject for a while... In fact that whole story was twisted.

A proud thread pirate.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2006 February 09, 20:52:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I enjoyed the story very much.  It was much better than a soap opera.  You are very imaginative.  You took the story in directions I never would have thought of.   Smiley
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2006 February 09, 22:10:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really enjoy reading Trubble's stories too. Keep it up girl! Grin

Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

:P

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2006 February 09, 22:53:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aww thankies guys!

On a bit of a hiatus, uni kind of took over my life a bit, and when I get time I just play... anything new would be here though Smiley

A proud thread pirate.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: