More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 15, 18:02:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Any dope on the new mini expansion packs?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Any dope on the new mini expansion packs?  (Read 16268 times)
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Any dope on the new mini expansion packs?
« Reply #25 on: 2006 February 08, 23:29:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Birthday gift?  I got a free Cheat code when I registered my game and I felt SPECIAL.   

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 February 08, 23:35:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not stupid enough to buy their crummy little packs for 20 bucks especially after the hell i heard about the xmas one.  Tree's combusting, little singing snowmen screwing up and santa giving coal?  Hah think of them as bug packs, there's not enough bugs in the game so they want to add more.  Also you can count on the fact that no bugs will be patched for these things and they won't be updated so they'll become obsolete with expansions and become useless.  Just like their items they released remember the cool alienware computer?  Not Uni compatible.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 February 08, 23:46:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll end up buying that family one if there's anything good in it at all, because I'm a total wimp for kid stuff. Even when I'm trying to wean off downloading or (<gasp>) just not interested in dling anything else right now, if my mouse strays across something for infants, toddlers or often kids, I must have it. I probably have 50 useless stuffed animals in my game (stuffed cow, stuffed frog, dolls etc.) and rocking horses that don't rock and swings that don't swing and even just plain decorative stuff. I can't help myself.

(I've totally resisted the holiday pack tho... I should get something off for that one)

Unsouper
Paperbladder
Paperian Heretic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 February 09, 00:19:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't even think I'll install the Holiday Party Pack the next time I have to reinstall because it adds so much junk that I'll never use.  These "Glamour" and "Family" packs would be a little more useful, but seeing how much times people complain about Maxian clothing I doubt the "Glamour" one will sell that well.  The "Family" one might sell a little better, but I don't see much content they'll actually add with a "donation" pack.
PlaidSquirrel
Juvenile Jackass

It Burns

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 February 09, 00:29:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want fireworks. Didn't the holiday pack have fireworks?
I'm going to have to replace my base game disk anyway since I lost it. Had to borrow my dads disk when I needed to install on my new computer. Guess I'll get all the holiday stuff with that.

"For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbors, and laugh at them in our turn?" Jane Austen
"If you're going to wash your hands of it, use soap. Otherwise you're just moving the dirt around." Myself
"...You're fucked up, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded." Idiocracy
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 February 09, 00:32:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not stupid enough to buy their crummy little packs for 20 bucks especially after the hell i heard about the xmas one.  Tree's combusting, little singing snowmen screwing up and santa giving coal?  Hah think of them as bug packs, there's not enough bugs in the game so they want to add more.  Also you can count on the fact that no bugs will be patched for these things and they won't be updated so they'll become obsolete with expansions and become useless.  Just like their items they released remember the cool alienware computer?  Not Uni compatible.

Yeah, but you've got to admit the combustable tree was hilarious. Someone here had an avatar of the flaming tree in the background with Santa doing the "ho, ho, ho" bit in the forefront. Cracked me up every time I saw it. I was so tempted to ask that person if I could use the picture to print my own holiday cards. Except I knew if I sent them out my relatives would be certain I'd finally gone over the edge. Wink

Family Fun and Glamour sound cool but I'm not going to worry about it until more info is out.
Paperbladder
Paperian Heretic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 February 09, 00:42:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, the Holiday Pack had fireworks.  I don't use them all that often though.

I never had the tree explode in my game, but that picture was pretty hilarious.  I don't make any stories but I believe storymakers would have more use for the Holiday Pack than I would.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 February 09, 04:33:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, but you've got to admit the combustable tree was hilarious. Someone here had an avatar of the flaming tree in the background with Santa doing the "ho, ho, ho" bit in the forefront. Cracked me up every time I saw it. I was so tempted to ask that person if I could use the picture to print my own holiday cards. Except I knew if I sent them out my relatives would be certain I'd finally gone over the edge. Wink
Oh, hell yes. Go for it. Where is that avatar, BTW? I should get Bippy to make one for me for this year's Christmas Special.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 February 09, 04:41:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Found the post here by Twiki. Still love that photo. Cheesy
wishy-washy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 February 09, 06:15:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where in Canada can you get an EP for only $29.99?  I've never been able to find it for less than $34.95, and more often, it's $39.95.

I didn't "buy" the Holiday pack, and I can't see buying any future booster packs, unless it included a whole lot of stuff that I just can't live without.

I got Nightlife at Best Buy the first day it came out. It was just my normal neighborhood Best Buy and I was really surprised at the price. I checked prices online first and when I saw it listed at Best Buy I thought it must be in American dollars, but nope. When I got to the store it was 29.99 CAN. Plus 7% tax of course. I didn't "buy" the holiday pack either.  Grin

Be your own fish.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 February 09, 07:11:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahh...I don't have a Best Buy in my city, which I think is complete crap, considering we're the capital-freakin'-city of the province, however, Vancouver gets all the press.

I end up going to EB Games or Future Shop to get my game, which worked out really well for Nightlife, 'cause I got it the day before release.   Grin
wishy-washy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 February 09, 07:25:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I live in Alberta's capital. Alberta's sort of "booming" right now, I guess you could say. Best Buy just opened within the last year. You could always order it online I guess. But, then there's the shipping, and the waiting. Too much hassle, I think.

Be your own fish.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 February 09, 15:25:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, with the no-sales-tax thing you have going, it's no wonder it's booming.  Also, your premier is far better than ours.  Wink

Stupid, frickin' drunk-driving Liberal.  Tongue
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 2006 February 09, 16:08:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The best thing about the holiday pack is that it adds a new, fairly easy way to die.

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 February 09, 16:19:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We don't have a Best Buy either, though I suppose if I drove to Toronto I'd find at least a couple. I have no idea what the booster packs cost, but probably not far from the $45(all-in) that I paid for each EP.

I haven't tried it yet, but didn't the last booster pack put new bugs into people's games? I already have a ton of new objects and clothes that work and actually appeal to me so I can't imagine paying for more Maxis stuff. (though I think I'd pay for a way to remove it from my Sims' closets)

New way to die? Perhaps that deserves investigation...

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 February 09, 23:00:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The best thing about the holiday pack is that it adds a new, fairly easy way to die.

Yes, tell us more. Is it a real new way, with a new ghost, or is it a loophole?

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 February 09, 23:38:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have the Holiday pack, but could it be the reindeer ornament that you put on the lawn outside? 
I know if  simmies pet it they get electrocuted.   If their motives are low that might be enough to kill them.
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: 2006 February 10, 01:49:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, it's petting the reindeer; I've had 3 electrocutions from that, 1 or 2 leading to having to be saved from death.

I don't know if it's considered a completely "new" way as the ghost would probably be the same color as other electrocutions, but it's easy  Tongue

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 February 10, 02:22:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No new ghost colors as far as I know.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: