More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 01:20:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Any dope on the new mini expansion packs?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Any dope on the new mini expansion packs?  (Read 16273 times)
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
Any dope on the new mini expansion packs?
« on: 2006 February 07, 02:41:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, I know from a search that they've been obliquely referenced on other threads, but I was wondering if anyone has heard any more about "Glamour" or "Family Fun?" It sounds better than holidays already.

It's referenced on Snooty Sims, January 30:

http://www.snootysims.com/

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
Re: Any dope on the new mini expansion packs?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 February 07, 02:51:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well on their poll it says

- April 26: Family Fun: New objects, home design options, and outfits for family life for kids and parents.
- June 21: Glamour: Signature home furnishings, design, and wardrobe items to live the luxurious life of the rich & famous.

thats the most I've read about them  Sad
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 February 07, 02:57:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

More Awesome Than You does not deal in Maxian lies and propaganda.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Paperbladder
Paperian Heretic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 February 07, 02:59:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's not much more than that, except they have that you can pre-order both on an australian site.  Also, if they keep the price they listed there, It'll end up being roughly $23.
http://gamehead.com.au/product.php?productid=86641&cat=&page=1
http://gamehead.com.au/product.php?productid=86640&cat=&page=1

Then again, this is just propoganda like OFB after all.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 February 07, 03:29:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not worth $23 to me.  That's almost as much as the regular EPs cost in the US.  I can get Uni or NL for $30 each from Amazon.com with free shipping.  There isn't enough content to justify spending that much money on them, in my opinion.
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 February 07, 04:08:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wait and see what they come with before you bash them! Family Fun looks good, I need more maxis meshes for the kiddies. Smiley

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 February 07, 05:28:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't see any "bashing", I only saw opinions. Grin
Oh and thanks for the link, Assmitten, that was the first I had heard about it.

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 February 07, 07:26:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is the first I've heard of these as well.

Overall I just wish that they would NOT do these and stick to regular EP's.

Either way... I'll let other poor smucks buy them first and report back on them before I throw away my hard earned money.
The Glamour pack *could* be interesting if they put a lot of high priced items for sims with money to burn.
Jorenne
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 February 07, 10:09:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I shall probably have them fairly soon after they come out.  My ex seems to think keeping me supplied in Sim products as soon as they're on the market is part of the divorce settlement or something.

So I will let him buy them for me and let y'all know how they turn out  Grin
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 February 07, 10:14:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I shall probably have them fairly soon after they come out.  My ex seems to think keeping me supplied in Sim products as soon as they're on the market is part of the divorce settlement or something.

I need to get an ex like that.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 February 07, 10:36:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

More Awesome Than You does not deal in Maxian lies and propaganda.
Mr Paper is on to you JM.  I also seem to remember you saying and I quote, "I point out that there is NO SUCH PRODUCT that these people claim to have pictures from".  OFB Spoiler.   Grin

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 February 07, 11:57:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I need to get an ex like that.
You're telling me!  I couldn't even get him to buy Sims stuff for me when we were still married...something about me spending more time with them than him.   Roll Eyes
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 February 07, 13:50:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're telling me!  I couldn't even get him to buy Sims stuff for me when we were still married...something about me spending more time with them than him.   Roll Eyes

Oh I hear that all the time too.  I'm not divorced yet, though <cross fingers>.  But now I found the solution.  We turned our TV room into an office for him, so now he takes his work home from work.  (he's in the middle of a really really really busy project).  Ok , so now there is no TV, but who needs a tv when you got TS2 Smiley
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 February 07, 14:02:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's when you should point to his Sim and say "What are you talking about? We just whoohooed for the third time today and we had a long wonderful convesation about aliens and elephants over dinner!"

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 February 07, 14:30:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's when you should point to his Sim and say "What are you talking about? We just whoohooed for the third time today and we had a long wonderful convesation about aliens and elephants over dinner!"

And he points back and says: "That's because those Sims don't play The Sims"

Instant gratification takes too long.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 February 07, 20:36:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And he points out that "his" sim is really not him at all...just a bunch of pixels on a screen...and he got no satisfaction from it at all!   Roll Eyes
Taz
Lipless Loser

Whatever.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 February 08, 00:56:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're telling me!  I couldn't even get him to buy Sims stuff for me when we were still married...something about me spending more time with them than him.   Roll Eyes

Perhaps if he had smustled a bit more. "A couple who smustle together, hustle together."  Wink

Fascinating.
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 February 08, 01:22:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have never heard of these mini expansion thingo's, but I am a total sucker for anything sims, although I wouldn't go so far as to wear a "The Sims 2" t-shirt, but yes, I will probably buy these things as soon as they appear on the EB shelves here in Australia.

My hubby has given up. He just shakes his head and walks off when he see's me playing. What I do love though is my toddler who now says "Play simmies mummy?". She will sit on my lap and ask me to make them do certain things. I think this is why hubbie has given up. Plus dinner guests always want to see these "sims" that my husband refers too when discussing my interests. We often all end up in the study with our glasses of wine and me explaining who Don Lothario is and his relationship to Cassandra, Nina and Dina etc etc. It can take a few hours sometimes!

Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 February 08, 04:38:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hmm, mine just comes home with snide comments like 'the new guy at work said his kids used to like the Sims but they discovered the money cheats and got bored with them... and they're only 8 and 10'    where I come back and say 'sure they've discovered the cheats, but they haven't discovered the mods...'

then again, he also heads me into the computer room when he wants control of the tv (which is 98% of his home after work time)

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 February 08, 04:45:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

then again, he also heads me into the computer room when he wants control of the tv (which is 98% of his home after work time)

Exactly why my hubby doesn't make a rucus about my sims anymore. He now gets pretty much full control of the TV and can watch any game he wants. It helps too that my husband finally has his own laptop so he can get in his computer time. Not to mention also how playing sims is a stress reliever for me and we all know that a happy mom means a happy household. Grin
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 February 08, 22:43:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Definitely interested in the family one. As it is, growing Sims up has gotten really kind of boring now that there's tons of macros and things to help out. I remember how hard it was with my first set of twins and a single mother - by now I wouldn't break a sweat and I don't have the baby controller Tongue I've never grown a Sim up early yet because of boredom, but some are tempting me. Anything new for kids would be great. And damn, I haven't seen zits on my teens since before Uni!
wishy-washy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 February 08, 22:52:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In Canada I can get an EP for $29.99. (Canadian) If it costs me $23 American that's more than an EP. There's no way that I'd buy any booster packs. I wish I could. I really want more family items. And there aren't nearly enough outrageously expensive items for rich sims to spend their excess cash on. Oh, well.

Be your own fish.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 February 08, 23:03:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where in Canada can you get an EP for only $29.99?  I've never been able to find it for less than $34.95, and more often, it's $39.95.

I didn't "buy" the Holiday pack, and I can't see buying any future booster packs, unless it included a whole lot of stuff that I just can't live without.
Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 February 08, 23:23:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What BlueSoup said.      I am in Canada and I paid $39.95 for the last one.    Unless of course you get a bithday gift from EA and buy through the online store to preorder.   
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 February 08, 23:25:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never gotten a birthday gift from EA.  Angry  Bastards.

Even when Treynutz exposed the mysteries behind the point of the official BBS ranks with his BBS Supreme Social Sim pack thread, I got that and *still* didn't get anything.  Wink
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: