More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 29, 01:57:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Greet me, Kiss me, Kill you...
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Greet me, Kiss me, Kill you...  (Read 31452 times)
tunaisafish
Axe Murderer
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Greet me, Kiss me, Kill you...
« Reply #25 on: 2006 February 06, 22:49:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Everytime somebody installs the Inteenimator, God kills a kitten. How does it feel to know you just caused the death of an innocent kitten, you murderer?

Think of the poor kittens!

Grah!!! Gwill, stop confusing me.  That quote was in the last thread I just read Smiley

It's not as bad as it sounds.  The kittens have another 8 lives, that's a fact.  Even God cannot take all nine lives at once.
So as there are more kittens in the world than installations of the InTeen - NO kittens have died.  Grin

Paperbladder
Paperian Heretic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 February 07, 01:11:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure I talked about the Inteen long before Insim "turned off its tech support", thank you very much.
That may be true, but that still doesn't change the fact though that it seems the InTeenimater is one of the products MATY provides "unofficial" support for.

Well, I think if we're going to get that techinical about if we're taking away actual cat lives or the 9-lives they apparently have then we'll need to define what installing the InTeenimater is won't we?  I mean, is it installed when it's downloaded, put in the directory or used when it's considered installed?
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 February 07, 01:54:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Roll Eyes  Kathy and Eric didn't remove InTeen off the InSIM forum. Jase removed it for personal reasons, he dosen't currently have time to deal with most of the support questions and most questions are covered in the supporting docs that come with it. Most issues are user-error(RTFM) and/or hack conflict (usually one already listed in the docs)

There is a InTeen user to user support section on the InSIM forum but I think most people perfer to ask their questions or get help on their favorite forum first, I know I do  Grin (unless of course I know the person whos hack I have questions about)

I love InTeen, it's a wonderful addition to the game but as I mentioned in a previous thread, I'm not currently using it...because I don't want to get used to having it all over again and then get OFB and have to give it up then (Jase may not update it) but I haven't had any teens in my restarted hood until recently so I may end up putting InTeen back in because I find teens are extremely boring without it (specially after beta-testing & using InTeen for as long as I did before I took a "sims 2 break" for a few months) and I really miss some of its features *really really hopes Jase updates it when OFB comes out*

Paperbladder
Paperian Heretic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 February 07, 02:13:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That User to User support forum must have been added because it wasn't there when I last checked.  It still seems they get better support here though than they do at his forum, but more questions about it are asked there.  Most of the people that come here and ask questions about it are because they experienced something odd because they installed the thing and didn't RTFM.

The only reason I don't use InTeenimater is that it "may" conflict with a few hacks I have and I really don't use most of the features, especially since I don't have Teens in my neighborhood.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 February 07, 03:00:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not as bad as it sounds.  The kittens have another 8 lives, that's a fact.  Even God cannot take all nine lives at once.
So as there are more kittens in the world than installations of the InTeen - NO kittens have died.  Grin
That's not true. God picks the kitten with the lowest instance number and kills that one repeatedly, just like why when you spy on your neighbors with a telescope, the same person always shows up to shove you. Thus, every 9 Inteenimator installs exhausts a kitten of all of its lives.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 February 07, 04:00:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's not true. God picks the kitten with the lowest instance number and kills that one repeatedly, just like why when you spy on your neighbors with a telescope, the same person always shows up to shove you. Thus, every 9 Inteenimator installs exhausts a kitten of all of its lives.

That is just so....warped  Shocked

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 February 07, 04:12:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I haven't downloaded it so I don't have the added guilt of contributing to the kitten culling  Smiley

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 February 07, 04:20:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One less furball clogging up my shelter kaching line.
tunaisafish
Axe Murderer
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 February 07, 07:09:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No you've got it wrong Pescado, but even Einstien couldn't believe that "God plays dice with the Universe" at first, so don't feel too bad about yourself.
Her random function, unlike the Maxis one, actually works pretty damn well.  Our computers would not be working if this were not true.

Yay, the kittens live Smiley

diamonde
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 February 07, 09:38:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I prefer to imagine that every time I use Inteen, God bitchslaps somebody who didn't read the directions.  Roll Eyes  Twice if they don't even know what half the hacks they have do, they just downloaded them because someone said they were awesome.  (Is it crazy that I only download hacks that do something I know I want?)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 February 07, 09:46:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No you've got it wrong Pescado, but even Einstien couldn't believe that "God plays dice with the Universe" at first, so don't feel too bad about yourself.
Oh, God may very well play dice with the universe, but the dice are loaded.

Her random function, unlike the Maxis one, actually works pretty damn well.  Our computers would not be working if this were not true.
Yeah, it works pretty well at selecting the kitten with the lowest instance number, just like the telescope slapper, which works fine also.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 February 07, 10:12:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(Is it crazy that I only download hacks that do something I know I want?)
No, it's not crazy.  That's what I do too (thot that that proves anything).
But I know that there is nothing in InTeen or Insiminator that I want.  And if there was one thing in them that I wanted, I'd look for a hack with that feature, rather than installing a big feaking buggy thing with a lot of features I know I don't want.

The whole concept of having to install something to take away a feature, proves to me that the idea is faulty.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 February 07, 11:34:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The whole concept of having to install something to take away a feature, proves to me that the idea is faulty.

<blink> JMs hacks are often for taking away stuff - no what's this, no memory spam like that. Maxis is a bit strange about their "features". I added Inteen to add stuff - so my YAs could have a family life at Uni, so I could have houses with professors and master's students who have partners and children and lives and the like. To make Uni fun to play and more rounded. I don't believe there is another hack that does that.

And there really isn't any point in having seperate casual woohoo, no jealousy, teen woohoo and teen pregnancy when one hack will do all that plus another feature that I want. If I've got most of those in my hacks folder anyway, I'm trying to use the features it has. Most people who have trouble seem to have all the hacks that do similar things added to their game. The only "odd" thing it conflicts with is JMs clothing mod, which spams me anyway so I'd rather have Moniques computer which doesn't conflict.

'sides it isn't a big freaking buggy thing with too many features - it's really very seamless, runs well and all the features are directly related to the general concept. Maybe it used to have more problems, but it doesn't now. Of course I'll have to take it out (and all JMs hacks) if they don't upgrade for OFB, but ah well - I will have had the fun of them until then.

I also have seen that much Inteen support here. every once in awhile someone asks a question and the answer is about inteen, but usually not directly and sometimes people discuss the general concept as here, but... Not that I know why that matters... people talk about a lot of different things on chat boards, and the community usually gets around pretty well. Everything from Danny's DMA to Inge's to Various Simmers to a variety of hacks from MTS2 to all kinds of other things are discussed here, and it's a no holds unless you get stuck in retardo land board. Why shouldn't Inteen be discussed as well?

Unsouper
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 February 07, 11:57:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

<blink> JMs hacks are often for taking away stuff - no what's this, no memory spam like that. Maxis is a bit strange about their "features".
I wasn't talking about "features" in the game.
I was talking about features of InTeen and Insiminator, and the so-called flavour pack.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 February 07, 12:07:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't like that it offers a choice about which way you want it to work?

Unsouper
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 February 07, 13:09:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't like that it doesn't offer me the choice not to download and install the features I don't want.
I don't like that it's ONE freaking file.

If I want a no jealousy hack, I want to download one package that disables the jealousy function.
If I want a casual romance hack, I want to download one package that enables casual romance.

I do not want to download a whole bunch of crap that I don't want, just because it's attatched to the function I do want.

It's just poor programming to put it all in one bundle.  That's why I use the awesome hacks I get here, where I get to pick exactly what I want, and can leave the stuff I don't want behind.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 February 07, 14:09:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't like that it doesn't offer me the choice not to download and install the features I don't want.
I don't like that it's ONE freaking file.
I do not want to download a whole bunch of crap that I don't want, just because it's attatched to the function I do want.
It's just poor programming to put it all in one bundle.  That's why I use the awesome hacks I get here, where I get to pick exactly what I want, and can leave the stuff I don't want behind.

I disagree.  I would never describe someone else's work as a 'bunch of crap' unless I could do better.   Both Insim and Inteem are  ideal programs for me - because I would rather have all those features built into one compatible bundle, than have to work out conflicts between different mods by different programmers.  Inteem and Insim are compatible with the best working mods, such as  Quaxi's, Twojeff's, Monique's and Doc Doofus'. 

For the Simpe illiterate like myself, Insim is a brilliant mod, especially because it allows changes to be made quickly from inside the game just by pressing a couple of buttons, without having to quit and reload. 

If I were a programmer, then I might view it from your perspective.  I'd be the first to admit that there are alot of features on Insim that I don't use.  But the option is there and if I wanted to use them, I could do so quickly without having to worry about compatibility issues.

Many of JM's 'No***' mods do take out the irritating features that Sims exhibit, yet I find myself using them less and less because the Sims never do anything unusual or funny once the 'Sim'  has been taken out of them.    Without a doubt, JM's critical fixes and his Macrotastics bundle do help the game run more smoothly, so I use his more important mods.  I don't use JM's clothing mod because it conflicts with Monique's computer,  which  has loads of mods in one bundle.  From that perspective, it's nice to be able to pick and choose which small mods you want to add to your game.  But I guess that's what makes El Presidente More Awesome Than any of us.

happy now :-)
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 February 07, 14:45:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gwill, some of the awesome hacks here combine features too  Roll Eyes

usually it's so that the features "play nice together", some because they were asked for...because some people do want combined features that play nice together because they can be less buggy  Shocked

The flavor packs for InTeen were made because not everyone plays the same way and Jase wanted to give users some control, whats wrong with that? Alot of the features were asked for by users, some were voted on by those of us that beta-tested (we also requested features)

I get the impression that you want some of the features InTeen offers and are pissy cause you can't have them separate... IMHO, calling it a "big freaking buggy thing with too many features" makes it rather clear you don't know much about it or you tried it and didn't RTFM.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 February 07, 15:32:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

than have to work out conflicts between different mods by different programmers.

J.M. Pescado manages to seperate each hack into different files without causing conflicts.
You don't hve to be simpe litterate to download seperate packages.

I don't like the whole concept of bloatware.  It's like when you try to install the Quicktime plugin; it won't let you just install the plugin, it forces you to also install the whole software and iTunes, even though you don't need or want either.

Imagine you go to a store to buy toothpaste, but you can't buy just the toothpaste, because they sell it in a box with a toothbrush, floss, mouthwash, bleaching strips and a dentist (and the dentist's dog, but if you pay extra you can get a vet to put the dog down).

I get the impression that you want some of the features InTeen offers and are pissy cause you can't have them separate... IMHO, calling it a "big freaking buggy thing with too many features" makes it rather clear you don't know much about it or you tried it and didn't RTFM.
Quite the opposite.  I read the fucking manual and saw that this was not something I needed or wanted.  I have never had either Insiminator or InTeen installed in my game, and I never will.
No kittens on my cconscience.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 February 07, 15:36:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty much of the same mindset as Gwill.  I'd rather have a bunch of small packages that do the one specific thing I want than download a giant package full of stuff that I don't need or want.  I would and do RTFM of stuff, but I have a hard time remembering the specific functions of stuff that's as small as the Lot Debugger, never mind trying to remember all the features of something like Inteen.  And then if I don't like certain features of Inteen, I have to download a flavour (spelling it my way  Wink) pack to get rid of it? No thanks.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2006 February 07, 18:02:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Downloading a bunch of different hacks that do different things works great as long as you don't want a lot of stuff and don't need them to play together. If all I need is no what'sthis, that's great. But people do want lots of stuff and want it to work well together - so we end up with things like the modesty question thread on here, where one downloads Lizz's bed and then TJ's no jealousy to make this part work and then another hack to make that part and then a teen hack so it can work with teens and then tries to figure out, if there's a problem, if it's a Maxis bug, a conflict with all those hacks or something it just isn't supposed to do. *Much* easier in those kinds of cases to download one hack and if it needs debugging, take one out - not take out 2 and see if the other works, etc.

All kinds of things come with various features. The director's cut is a whole set to download and some of what's in there isn't available elsewhere. College rampage does a variety of things, yes? I don't know of a way (I may just have missed it) to get kicking flamingos without setting them up again as a neat fun issue without taking all of macrostatics - is there one (I'd kind of like to have just that part, but <shrug>)? The piece of the clothing mod that dresses YAs automatically when they switch to college is pretty cool. I downloaded all the mod to get just that one part (tho it conflicts with Inteen and I took it out again). I've heard Two Jeff's mention a couple of times rolling something that makes sense in with some other mod that makes sense so he doesn't have so much to update all the time (I think, my apologies if that's a misquote or something). I've heard other modders say that - it's easier not to keep up with a billion mods, all of which need updating.

And for most mods, if you don't like certain features of it,  you remove the mod. You don't have a choice to do it differently. It's nice to have a choice <shrug> I mean, not liking or wanting a mod is fine, but I don't understand the bitterness and put downs. I don't understand it for Danny's DMA stuff either. Obviously some people (lots of people) like them. They do neat things - things that as far as I'm aware you can't get at all via downloading Pescados or other hacks (I mean, it's not like they're competing or something). When MTS2 did that bizarro world or whatever it is set - I thought "why would anyone want that" but several months later, I found the perfect use for peices of it. I'm glad I didn't post that it was crap or something. I'd be embarrased - even if it was just to myself. If JM puts out a better Inteen or Insim kind of thing, I might switch over - but I see no reason to downtalk the mod, and so far as I know, nobody else has another option anyway.

Unsouper
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2006 February 07, 18:17:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The one thing I can say I like best about separate packages for functions/features is that if one package breaks I dont loose everything. Many of JMPs packages continued to work with the next expansion, some did not, it was a simple matter of taking out what didnt work and waiting for an update while still enjoying what did work.

Now if JMP's packages had been one big bundle, an all in one mod, I would have had to remove the whole thing and been modless until he fixed the one or two packages inside the bundle that didnt work. That to me is reason enough to want all my mods in separate packages. Its the same reason I dont buy combo electronics, if one little thing breaks you have to replace the whole kit-n-kaboodle. Not the best bang for your buck.

I do however have Moniques computer, I didnt realize it wasnt compatible with JMPs clothing mod...as I havent had any issues with it. What is the issue?
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2006 February 07, 18:56:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't get why people get so heated about the Inteen and Insim. So don't use it if it doesn't suit your tastes. Pretty simple concept, folks.

Imagine you go to a store to buy toothpaste, but you can't buy just the toothpaste, because they sell it in a box with a toothbrush, floss, mouthwash, bleaching strips and a dentist (and the dentist's dog, but if you pay extra you can get a vet to put the dog down).

If you have to *pay* to have all that and you just want the toothpaste, that's not worth it. But if the whole thing is free of charge, then there's not much to complain about. Don't use the floss, etc. Or just don't pick it up at all. No loss either way.
« Last Edit: 2006 February 07, 19:17:03 by Brynne » Logged
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2006 February 07, 19:21:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My issue is not with Inteen or Insim, per se.  I just prefer game modifications to be in small, easily manageable bites.  I do have Macrotastics, but that's not really a fair comparison, since the entire point of Macrotastics is to eliminate the endless clicking to manage your Sims, and not just to eliminate having to click to stand the flamingo up again.

If, say, the Lot Debugger included a whole bunch of options that just happened without me having to do anything or click on anything, I'd probably remove it.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2006 February 07, 19:29:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jase has spent alot of time on InTeen - giving people what they wanted - and then he gets all kinds of shit from people, most of whom don't use it or didn't RTFM.

Hell, Gwill has never even used it and states that it is a big feaking buggy thing and bloatware  Angry

its no wonder Jase may not update InTeen for OFB...

Everyone has the right to pick and choose what hacks they have in their game. There is no reason to insult other users, beta-testers, creators and their hacks just because you aren't interested in those hacks or because a creator you know dosen't like them *cough*fanboys/girls*cough*  Roll Eyes
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: