More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 04:56:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  helpful ghosts
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: helpful ghosts  (Read 16440 times)
ecaguimbal
Asinine Airhead

Open for Business

View Profile
helpful ghosts
« on: 2006 February 04, 11:07:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

here's a useful tip.

let your house to be dirty (with garbages, unwashed plates, etc. [this means you don't need a maid.])
then you must have a ghost that died from old age in a platinum aspiration.
as it appears, he/she will do all the chores!

hope i helped

I will complete the seven expansions.
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
Re: helpful ghosts
« Reply #1 on: 2006 February 04, 11:36:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They actually do have to have been neat as well--would a complete slob enjoy cleaning up in his afterlife?

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 February 04, 11:38:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They actually do have to have been neat as well--would a complete slob enjoy cleaning up in his afterlife?
He might if he were followed by angry pitchfork wielding demons.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 February 04, 11:54:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which circle of hell is housework in?

Unsouper
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 February 04, 13:09:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This doesn't happen all that often, really.  I've had quite a few ghosts with 8+ Neatness, but they don't all clean and they don't clean everything.  In any case, they don't come out every night.  It's amusing to watch when it does happen, but it's not frequent enough to get rid of the maid for, I don't think.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 February 04, 15:33:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would be an awesome mod though wouldn't it?  One that makes ghost appear every night and cliean the house.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 February 04, 19:09:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought I read somewhere that they have to be 10 neat and 10 nice to do it. Personally I only saw it once, and that sim definitely had not been 10 neat OR 10 nice.

Fail.
sudaki
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 February 04, 19:36:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish someone would notify the ghosts in question that they're supposed to do this. I've got enough neat-pointed platinum spirits on one of my lots to fill the Tower of London, and they'd much rather scare the bejeezus out of people, whine that I sold their favorite bed, and break lamps. Tongue
Persephone
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 February 04, 19:55:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish someone would notify the ghosts in question that they're supposed to do this. I've got enough neat-pointed platinum spirits on one of my lots to fill the Tower of London, and they'd much rather scare the bejeezus out of people, whine that I sold their favorite bed, and break lamps. Tongue

The ghosts ALSO have to be happy.  If you sell their bed, they'll be the angry mean ghosts who break things.
Wolfee
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 February 04, 20:55:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have yet to even get a friendly ghost. They all come back mean. Most of the time I'm forced to delete their tombstone because of their antics. I really thought I'd like having ghosts because I love ghost stories but they're really  more of an annoyance to me.

Hmm....10 neatness and 10 nice points you say? Interesting idea, I would like to try your idea to see if it works. I would love to have more helpful ghosts for a change.
Persephone
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 February 04, 21:43:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have yet to even get a friendly ghost. They all come back mean. Most of the time I'm forced to delete their tombstone because of their antics. I really thought I'd like having ghosts because I love ghost stories but they're really  more of an annoyance to me.

Hmm....10 neatness and 10 nice points you say? Interesting idea, I would like to try your idea to see if it works. I would love to have more helpful ghosts for a change.

It's helpful if you don't move their stone.  I usually have my elders go stand in the yard with free will off at 6pm when it's their time.  If necessary fence them in so they don't wander too far from their future grave.
Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 February 04, 22:49:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which circle of hell is housework in?

it would have to be one of the lowest depths of Hell for me!!!  I'd better be good and make it to Heaven so I don't have to come back and wash dishes!!! Undecided
ThyGuy
Exasperating Eyesore

HELP ME! I'M STUPID!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 February 04, 22:55:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed this about ghost.

1. Ghost ALWAYS want to scare the living sims, no matter how nice they were, or relations with said sim.

2. Ghost go into haunt mode more often if the enviroment their tomb is low. I always make a pleasant cemetary for them. I've had ghost never haunt, ever, because of this.

3. Ghost will get pissed for the following things: Sold their objects they got aspiration in life from, certain event happens in the family (I had a ghost apparently come a -celebrate- their great grandson had gotten into private school... by making her piss her pants) that the dead sim would have been interested in in life, Someone with good relationship with them dies, and the ultimate source of pissing off a ghost, making them unlinked and putting them in a community lot.

This is only for ghost who died of old old. May or may not comply to other death types, and likely I don't know everything, because look at the avatar! Cheesy

DEATH TO UGLY BEAGLE DOGS!
WALMART IS THE DEVIL!!!!!
I DEMAND THE FIERY DEATH OF CRYING BABIES!
Do us a favor? DIE, GO TO HEAVEN, STFU!
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 February 04, 22:57:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is the ghost that put Kaylynn out of a job. She was maxed in everything. She even cleans up her own drowning ghost puddles!

ThyGuy
Exasperating Eyesore

HELP ME! I'M STUPID!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 February 04, 23:05:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*Is tempted to drown sims more often now*

Was that sim shy? Maybe being shy makes the ghost more interested in cleaning, than scaring.

DEATH TO UGLY BEAGLE DOGS!
WALMART IS THE DEVIL!!!!!
I DEMAND THE FIERY DEATH OF CRYING BABIES!
Do us a favor? DIE, GO TO HEAVEN, STFU!
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 February 04, 23:19:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No she was cheated up to maximum everything.
sudaki
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 February 05, 00:23:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The ghosts ALSO have to be happy.  If you sell their bed, they'll be the angry mean ghosts who break things.

I find the bed thing terribly annoying. None of my sims ever got aspiration points from buying a stupid bed. Yet they are STILL attached to every bed in the house and throw screaming fits when I sell one. Never anything else, either. Not the sculptures they wanted to buy or the piano I couldn't pry them away from, just the stupid beds! Beds they never even slept in!!

Maybe someone who likes a good nap as much as I do should be more sympathetic, but I'm not.  Tongue
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 February 05, 00:25:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like it's naptime. Someone's a little cranky.  Cheesy
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2006 February 05, 01:08:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Keeping their beds doesn't always help.  In my original Pleasantview, Angela & Dustin moved into the Oldies house after they'd died.  They weren't married at the start and both Oldies were extremely angry about it, constantly throwing hissy-fits because Dustin wasn't 'family'.  They also got very, very angry when Angela slept with him in their bed.  Even after they were married, they didn't improve much.  Coral in particular was very nasty to their two little girls, she woke them up constantly and she was always angry for some reason.  After Angela & Dustin moved out, I had a single Knowledge Sim move in there and she was hardly bothered by them at all.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 February 05, 03:38:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it is so funny when a ghost walks into a bedroom and stands in the middle of the bed and starts to cheer, waking the sleeper up.  Too funny...
Wolfee
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 February 05, 03:53:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's helpful if you don't move their stone.  I usually have my elders go stand in the yard with free will off at 6pm when it's their time.  If necessary fence them in so they don't wander too far from their future grave.

Wow, great idea. I never thought of doing that . Now I must decide if I can be that cruel as to have that poor old sim spend his/her last day (on earth?)chained  and imprisoned in a fence instead of enjoying themselves with friends and family..................

Whom I'm kidding, sure I can <evil grin>

BTW, thanks for the pictures Brynne.  They were very nice and I liked how you decorated the house too. Where did you get those light pictures and cabinets from?
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 February 05, 04:53:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BTW, thanks for the pictures Brynne.  They were very nice and I liked how you decorated the house too. Where did you get those light pictures and cabinets from?

The lights are by klarsicht42 who made a bunch of awesome lights (some of my favorites, really). http://www.modthesims2.com/member.php?u=76400

Fail.
Wolfee
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 February 05, 13:47:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The lights are by klarsicht42 who made a bunch of awesome lights (some of my favorites, really). http://www.modthesims2.com/member.php?u=76400

Thank you  Smiley
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 February 06, 00:01:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I married Darren Dreamer to Cassandra Goth (he's now Darren Goth and living in the Goth manor), and once Dirk and Lilith graduated from Uni, they moved into the old Dreamer home, got married, and had a baby boy.

Ghostie Darleen HATES them.  She's constantly floating around with red X's through thoughts of Dirk and his son Derek, then the family 'aspiration failure' flashes above her head and she screams.  She hasn't really paid any attention to Lilith, but she's constantly scaring Dirk while he's trying to logic up for a promotion.

She also doesn't really care that Darren remarried, but she's REALLY not happy about having a grandson!

<insert witty comment here>
Issy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 February 06, 18:43:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Likewise.  I recently had a grandparent pass away, who acheived two lifetime wants. I didn't sell the beds or anything, but 2 days after he died, he went to scare a couple of the grandchildren with which he had relationship scores of 100/100.

I just think if a sim who dies of old age in platinum and has had a perfect overall life etc, they shouldn't be so mean.  That being said, I've never had a helpful ghost in my game, even though almost all my sims have at least 5+ in neatness.

"Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction".  ~Antoine de Exupery
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: