More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 14:42:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Uncomfortable browse through the forum.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Uncomfortable browse through the forum.  (Read 19435 times)
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Uncomfortable browse through the forum.
« on: 2005 July 16, 17:20:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JM -

Sorry that I come with complaint (it bothers me), but at Variousimmers I received an e-mail answer for each post (thread) I was subscribed - like this:

"Hello gali,

jordi has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Departure Notice - This Is Not A Drill - in the The Podium forum of Variousimmers Forum.

This thread is located at:
http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimforum/showthread.php?t=1515&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
Moreawesomethanyou.com appears to be a pay site?

Hopefully a Pescado joke until the real site is up.

There may be other replies also, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

Yours,
Variousimmers Forum team

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unsubscription information:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit this page:
http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimforum/subscription.php?do=usub&t=1515

To unsubscribe from ALL threads, please visit this page:
http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimforum/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription&folderid=all"

I realy don't remember to which threads I am subscribed here, and that makes me pass over and over all sections. Thus I "jam" the forum space, and if you will get 1000 members, it will become like MTS2.

It's a bureucratic suggestion, to make easy for us to browse the forum, and for you - prevent jamming the space.

Can you do it here too?

Thanks.
garyalex
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Uncomfortable browse through the forum.
« Reply #1 on: 2005 July 16, 17:55:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you go to your notification options then you can set your notification options....

Smiley

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I\'m not sure about the former. --Albert Einstein
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 July 17, 01:31:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know that, but sometimes I am subscribed to a thread without writing anything.  It's easier to receive the e-mail that links me to this thread.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 July 17, 01:34:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Couldn't you just click on the notificate button at the top of the thread?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 July 17, 04:29:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I DO!!! - But, as I get from the BBS and Variousimmers an "alert" e-mail - I want it here too.

It doesn't force me to enter your site each day, to see if anybody answerred to the thread I am subscribed to.  I do enjoy being here, but I like more to play the game...Smiley.

BTW, I downloaded your last LTW hack - Does it conflict the Final Exam clock, which I have too? or it's a separate object - how does it look like?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 July 17, 04:50:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, what happens when you click that button? It doesn't notificate you?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 July 17, 05:12:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(Slap on her head) - oohh, you say if I click on the notify button, I'll receive the e-mails?

Put me in you "Daily Idiot" list - I deserve it!!!...Smiley.
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 July 17, 16:23:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you go to your notification options then you can set your notification options
Actually garyalex, that link takes us to YOUR notification settings.  People need to click on the "Profile" button, then the notificiation settings on the left side of the screen.

Just in case anyone's gotten errors clicking on garyalex's link. Smiley

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 July 17, 17:19:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Much thanks, Hook!
garyalex
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 July 18, 06:31:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you go to your notification options then you can set your notification options
Actually garyalex, that link takes us to YOUR notification settings.  People need to click on the "Profile" button, then the notificiation settings on the left side of the screen.

Just in case anyone's gotten errors clicking on garyalex's link. Smiley

Hook

Actually ... that link would only work for Gali ... seeing as his/her user id is 30 (if you check his/her profile) ... *sigh* trying to be too clever there.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I\'m not sure about the former. --Albert Einstein
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 July 18, 06:41:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Slightly discomforting to see a quote of a notification involving a post of mine.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 July 18, 07:05:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

jordy, my apology, lol. I just took the last post I had in my inbox - didn't even looked at the name - just copied it and pasted it here...Smiley.

"Nothing personal, strictly business"...flowers to you...Smiley.
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 July 18, 13:45:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: garyalex
Actually ... that link would only work for Gali ... seeing as his/her user id is 30 (if you check his/her profile) ... *sigh* trying to be too clever there.

Oops.  Well, that *is* quite clever. Smiley  All I saw was an error that I couldn't modify the profile.  It didn't tell me whose profile it was, and I didn't check after looking closely at the link and noticing the user id wasn't mine.  This is a little more sophisticated than I'm used to seeing on an online forum.  I commend you.

Hook

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 July 18, 13:48:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And Hook, you haven't showed up for your kicking in awhile.

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 July 18, 14:01:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: garyalex

To Whom It May Concern:

I am "she" (female), and when all of you needed to change diapers, including JM, I already played computer games (guess my age, lol).

garyalex, can you please describe in PLAIN English what did you mean? I swear I don't understand a word!

And, after all my tries, I still don't receive e-mails, and I am pissed off!

Goodbye!

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 July 18, 14:06:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am "she" (female), and when all of you needed to change diapers, including JM, I already played computer games (guess my age, lol).
Are you kidding? I completely predate computers that aren't the size of buildings, and am roughly contemporary with the invention of public television. Computers at that time were bigger than houses, and bugs hadn't even been invented yet. The invention of bugs didn't occur until 1945, by which time I was much too old for diapers. When I was young, games hadn't even been invented yet, and so for entertainment, we'd chase each other around and hit each other with sticks. This was back when you could actually be outdoors.

garyalex
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 July 18, 14:14:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To Whom It May Concern:

garyalex, can you please describe in PLAIN English what did you mean? I swear I don't understand a word!

And, after all my tries, I still don't receive e-mails, and I am pissed off!

Goodbye!

Go to your profile [Button at top] ... Go to notification options on the left hand side. Make sure these options are enabled:

1. Receive reply notification only for the first unread reply.
2. Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic.

That should do the trick.

Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 July 18, 15:18:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you mean you played on the first commercially available personal computers (Apple, Commodore, Atari)  I was already a professional computer programmer at the time.  If you mean the first video arcade games I was already out of high school.  If you mean text games that could be played on a teletype terminal, then those might have existed when I was in diapers, but you'd have required access to a research lab, university or business, which is possible.  Hunt the Wumpus qualifies as a computer game, and so does Tic Tac Toe. Smiley

Age guess:  35 to 60.

Hook

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 July 18, 15:23:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think Gali is much too silly to be the 90 or so needed to be able to play with the earliest teletypes to meet the requirements outlined. Then again, at that age, it could be senility. I'm already starting to feel that. But then, at 90, Gali would be older than the country she lives in, since there wasn't an Israel at all then. More likely Gali has misunderestimated me.

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 July 18, 16:57:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's true - I was born in Bulgary, and came to Israel only at 1949...Smiley

What an offensive! Can you climb on some other tree?

Yes, I played the first issue of Atari, and bought the first issue of Apple. I worked as a programmer in 2  computer  languages (RPG and Assembler) which don't exist anymore. Yes, I am over 60, if that means anything to you - still with all my brain in place, thanks god...

Don't bring me to the last straw to logout - I am quite offended, and demand apology from JM. I am not ready to let my lips ripped off, although I appreciate your hacks.

I already logged out, but decided to stay a little bit more. It seems that I have to log out from this site.

And, I did what garyalex said (JM can see my profile), and still no e-mails. JM can check my profile to see that I did as I was told.

Nobody, but nobody can call me "silly", JM too...Smiley. [Back to the Future"]

*sigh*  *goes home sad and offended*

Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 July 19, 06:01:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pssst, gali... Pescado's over 60 too.

Hook

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: