More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 06:10:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  "Change into formal" object anywhere?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: "Change into formal" object anywhere?  (Read 23011 times)
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
Re: "Change into formal" object anywhere?
« Reply #25 on: 2006 January 31, 20:39:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would make 'force casual' the default and always use that unless there is a painting on the lot to force something else. I could do them all, but don't want to add a bunch of additional paintings to the catalog if they aren't going to be used.
Issy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 January 31, 21:02:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes I have to admit the most annoying problem for me is the fact that almost everyone turns up on community lots in work clothes. 

Before I would make sure to change the clothes of the sims before exiting the lots, so that the next time they have normal clothes on.

Now I just use Inge's doors on all my houses so they change to normal as soon as they walk into the house.  What is strange is that even if you save them in normal clothing before exiting some sims still show up in work clothes regardless....

I just love seeing some of my elders in Captian Hero's outfits dancing at the local nightclubs Tongue Anyways would love a painting/vase etc that would help with this issue  Smiley

"Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction".  ~Antoine de Exupery
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 January 31, 23:09:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought I saw a hack to make them normally be in work clothes though- either here on MATY or MTS2. Haven't tested it out yet, but maybe the force normal object won't be needed?

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 February 01, 00:19:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been using the no work clothes on community lots hack for a long time.  I haven't seen any work clothes since then.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 February 01, 06:11:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been using the no work clothes on community lots hack for a long time.  I haven't seen any work clothes since then.

same here, it works great (it's crammys hack)

force formal sounds great, I hardly ever see any of my sims in formal

force nude could be fun, could actually have a nudist resort club *giggles*
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 2006 February 01, 08:03:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought I saw a hack to make them normally be in work clothes though- either here on MATY or MTS2. Haven't tested it out yet, but maybe the force normal object won't be needed?

But you probably won't be able to use both the hacks together, I haven't looked at what BHAVs get altered, but there's likely to be some overlap.   So you'd probably need to lose the normal clothes file if you wanted to use Jeff's, so he'd need to put it in his if you still wanted that feature.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2006 February 01, 09:37:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would make 'force casual' the default and always use that unless there is a painting on the lot to force something else. I could do them all, but don't want to add a bunch of additional paintings to the catalog if they aren't going to be used.

This is probably a dumb, obvious question but... would it be possible (or is it too much work) to make the type of clothes selectable on a single painting? That way, you don't have to make several paintings for each type of clothes. You just use one painting, and the user can set the option per lot. Or does that defeat the purpose of the paintings in the first place? Is the point to just have a simple way for the user to set these options but selecting a specific painting?

Ste

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2006 February 01, 09:51:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The point of using set-state paintings instead of a menu is that on community lots the option setting will be reset between visits, so by the time you arrive at the lot, even if you remember to reset the option, there will already be sims on the lot in the wrong clothes.  For use on residential lots a menu-settable object is more flexible, but with community lots you can usually figure what ambience and clothing you want for them while you are creating them.  You can have loads of places to visit so you can just take them somewhere else if you don't want underwear on display this date

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2006 February 01, 10:46:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahh... that makes sense. Thanks for clarifying that! Smiley I forget that you can't save things on a comm lot (without re-enabling the controls). I always forgot about that when it came to the bathroomusesyou TP. I think it autosets now for comm lots.

Well... I'll throw my hat in as well for formal, swimwear, underwear, and nudity. The latter two would be great for club themes and/or woohoo brothels. Not that I have any of those, but it'd be nice to have an option to build one. Grin

Ste

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2006 February 01, 10:57:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But what about walk-bys?   I wonder if Jeff can exclude walk-bys from underwear cos it would only be the people going into the club who would be dressed like that.

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 February 01, 11:02:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Activewear would be great for gyms, or parks that are supposed to be for joggers.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: 2006 February 01, 11:08:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yet again, you bring up a good point. Maybe it'd be best to just use auto changing doors instead. Like, for sims that actually walk through the door, they are forced to change into the appropriate attire for special clubs or clubs holding special events such as an underwear night. Unless, the club takes up the entire lot and is specifically a nude or underwear lot.

Are walkbys separate from actual visitors? Do comm lots actually get walkby only sims that just stroll past the lot and don't actually visit, stay, and hang out for a while? I don't go to comm lots that often, so I don't remember this. I thought all sims that walk onto the lot are considered visitors and hang out for awhile until they leave for whatever reason (I presume do to need decay).

If that's the case, then it'd be nice to exclude all walkbys, because if they are just "walking by" the lot, then they don't necessarily have to be dressed formally, in swimwear, or whatever the lot is set to.

Activewear would be great for gyms, or parks that are supposed to be for joggers.

Oh yeah... forgot about that, um I second that too. Er... so that kinda basically covers all types of clothing doesn't it? Tongue

Ste

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 February 01, 11:18:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are walkbys separate from actual visitors? Do comm lots actually get walkby only sims that just stroll past the lot and don't actually visit, stay, and hang out for a while?

Comm lots get walkys. It's the only place you'll see worker Sims outside of their jobs.
Persephone
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 February 01, 11:56:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

does the DMA woohoo controller change everyone to formal automatically <didn't realize it did that, needs to go play around>

Monique's computer will do it, if you choose "change into" "formal" and "everyone" but it's not the perfect interface for community lots and I'd MUCH rather have an Inge formal door <promises not to send any pregnant teens to the dance or to understand if they show up in weird clothes> Smiley

No it doesn't, but it works so brilliantly anyway.  Just click on it when you arrive and set everyone to formal.  Everyone immediatly changes to formal.  Good solution until someone here makes something better.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: 2006 February 01, 13:18:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Comm lots get walkys. It's the only place you'll see worker Sims outside of their jobs.

Ahhh... actually, I think I noticed that today. I saw an NPC walking by, but I wasn't sure if they were just leaving or if they were just walking by.

Anyways, if you all haven't noticed yet, check out tunaisfish's Smart Door. I don't know if it solves the InTeen potential issue, but it says it's InTeen compatible. Smiley

Ste

sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 February 01, 16:12:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ooooh, this sounds like it's going to be perfect! I can't wait Smiley.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
SIMplyLisa
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 February 01, 16:19:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I vote for all of them too. Could the paintings (if that is what gets used for this) have a picture of a sim in the matching clothing category? Then I can hang them by the door as a apropriate attire warning!
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 February 01, 20:19:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Paintings, if tied into TwoJeff's original hack, will probably use one of the in-game paintings, possibly the Lady in Red again. If you have CEP, though, you can use any recolour you want for the controller paintings, and it's pretty simple to make recolours for Maxis paintings through SimPE.

SIMplyLisa
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 February 01, 20:50:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Renatus: know of a good tutorial for this, last time I tried to make pictures, the tutorial didn't come close to matching the version of SimPE and my attempt bombed! thanks
tunaisafish
Axe Murderer
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 February 01, 20:57:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm shortly gonna need a set of 'paintings' myself to set the mode of my door on comm lots.

I'd thought a 'dress code sign' would be easy to understand, with the same icons for clothes that the game uses, with some kind of new icon for the naked option.
I need these to apply the dress code to an individual room, not initial clothing as 2Js would be.

As Inge, twojeffs and I all have a need for these things, perhaps we can join forces and create a set of signs, perhaps with different background colours to indicate the scope.

Although, 'join forces' in my case means 'can I leach off your objects?', or could 'someone give me a starter object?' Smiley
I'm not a mesher, but I think I could cope with editing the images.

It's a shame we can't just make one object, and set/read the values from the recolour Sad

Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2006 February 01, 21:03:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know of any tutorials, no.  Undecided I just kind of figured it out myself by poking at it. If TJ produces paintings for this that use recolours I'll make some and share, though.

twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: 2006 February 01, 22:43:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meh, I'll just do all clothing types then. I'm not sure if naked will work without creating my own full nudist hack, which I really don't want to do. The global naked awareness will cause most of them to just change clothes right away. I'll try it and see what happens.

I'm not planning anything fancy for the actual objects, just more clones of the Lady in Red like the others. If someone want to get creative and make something better, I'm all for it. It doesn't matter to me what the object is, all I'm really using is it's GUID. The object itself just sits (or hangs) there.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2006 February 01, 23:08:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh I hope that doesn't mean a global hack that does nudity will be required to use this. I want it and it sounds wonderful but other people share the game, so I leave my sims dressed and blurred.

Unsouper
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2006 February 01, 23:32:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sagana, you could use a separate user account  Wink

Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2006 February 01, 23:36:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do have a seperate user account (mostly so I don't have to scroll through *their* silly downloads ;) but it's not locked and as I don't personally feel a need for nude sims in my game (don't mind a bit if other people do, don't mean that) then it's easier not to have to be concerned about it. Unless it becomes something I feel a need for (storyline or something) I don't want to go to that much trouble :)

Unsouper
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: