More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 29, 05:45:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  "Change into formal" object anywhere?
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: "Change into formal" object anywhere?  (Read 23262 times)
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
"Change into formal" object anywhere?
« on: 2006 January 31, 06:04:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know of an object that will force all sims on the community lot to change into formal (or other) clothing? Come to think of it, making everyone change into undies when Crumplebottom is around could be amusing... I was more thinking of formal wear in nice restraunts and ballrooms.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
Re: "Change into formal" object anywhere?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 January 31, 06:08:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, I miss the trunk too.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 January 31, 06:13:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, Assmitten. The trunk was awesome, Assmitten. I rather enjoyed it's many costumes, Assmitten. It was a must have at parties, Assmitten.
Assmitten.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 January 31, 07:20:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was gonna do one, then got flummoxed by the need to make it inteen compatible.  I don't mind doing it if everyone doesn't mind if it is incompatible.   I mean you'll be able to use both of them in the same game, but if you have a pregnant teen it would probably make her dress wrong.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 January 31, 07:43:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know I Would love it (oh yes I sure would), but I don't have pregnant teens in my game.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Persephone
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 January 31, 08:48:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know of an object that will force all sims on the community lot to change into formal (or other) clothing? Come to think of it, making everyone change into undies when Crumplebottom is around could be amusing... I was more thinking of formal wear in nice restraunts and ballrooms.

Yes... I found this link here last night in fact and was blown away
http://valdea.com/

Get the woohoo pack... alot comes with it but you don' t have to use it.

I wanted the same thing, I created a ballroom but I didn't want people showing up in their jeans.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 January 31, 10:16:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

does the DMA woohoo controller change everyone to formal automatically <didn't realize it did that, needs to go play around>

Monique's computer will do it, if you choose "change into" "formal" and "everyone" but it's not the perfect interface for community lots and I'd MUCH rather have an Inge formal door <promises not to send any pregnant teens to the dance or to understand if they show up in weird clothes> :)

Unsouper
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 January 31, 10:26:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I had in mind was a single-purpose vase or something, so you put it on the lot when you're building it, and it always does the same clothes - sort of every 10-20 mins it looks around and changes people into the right clothes.  Though doing that does slow the game, just like changing them as they walk through a door does.

I have a feeling the very best way to do this is as a development of Jeff's visitor controller, so depending if you have a particular painting, the visitors turn up in the right clothes straight off.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 January 31, 10:33:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge: won't your existing clothes change system do the trick? On a "YMsimA" lot I have I use this to good success to get Sims into swimming outfits.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 January 31, 10:37:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well you have to set the menu each time you go into the lot, and it only works on sims as they enter one of the  cooperating doors.  This won't help in a place where there are already sims populating the lot.

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 January 31, 10:51:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True, although the door thing is resolved by the global patch.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 January 31, 11:40:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was gonna do one, then got flummoxed by the need to make it inteen compatible.  I don't mind doing it if everyone doesn't mind if it is incompatible.   I mean you'll be able to use both of them in the same game, but if you have a pregnant teen it would probably make her dress wrong.

As long as it doesn't make something blow up lol..I know I wouldn't mind.  I don't use Inteen to get teens pregnant anyways..since I've installed InTeen there hasn't been a pregnant teen anywhere but if one did end up pregnant and it only conflicted by making them change into the wrong dress...no biggie.
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 January 31, 11:59:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As long as it doesn't make something blow up lol..I know I wouldn't mind.  I don't use Inteen to get teens pregnant anyways..since I've installed InTeen there hasn't been a pregnant teen anywhere but if one did end up pregnant and it only conflicted by making them change into the wrong dress...no biggie.

The only part that is "incompatiable" is that when a pregnant teen passes thru the door, they change into whatever clothing the door specifies, but they revert to their non-pregnant mesh. They are still pregnant and once you have the pregnant teen do something that forces another clothing change (like take a shower) they revert back to the pregnant teen mesh. It is only a cosmetic problem.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2006 January 31, 12:01:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyway I asked Jeff now.  It's gonna be much more awesome if they appear in their right clothes in the first instance

nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 January 31, 12:50:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This would be a very spiffy addition, I love the visitor controllers and having the built in function to make sims appear on lot dressed a certain way - namely formal (finally a use for all those nice formals!) would be very cool. I dont use inteen or any other variety of in. I would particularly love it, if it were a nice statue since my nice clubs and restaurants usually feature a floor statue of some sort (or fountain), or something else highstyle that wouldnt require a table. (hmmm except that I do have those glorious glass display cases that I dont use nearly enough...) Either way I would love to have something like this, did I mention that?
Baronetess
TaWanda
Nitwitted Nuisance

stolen from obsessiveicons@livejournal

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 January 31, 13:07:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This would be great, especially if there is a get nekkid option. Skinny dipping anyone?
I don't use insem ir inteen, I just don't care too much for those big hacks that have dozens of options, most of which I would never use.
I would be curous as to what this would dress the pregnant adults in, formal or just regular ole maternity? And would it cnflict with eubrere's (Sp) maternity clothing hack? Not that I care cuz I'm not that crazy about that hack anyway, just wondering. You guys are awesome!
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 January 31, 15:22:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd love to have this hack Inge, and I couldn't care less about Insim.  I have never used it.  I might one day, but  I've never felt the need for it so far.  I say don't worry about it, you can't be compatible with every hack under the sun, and if people don't understand we will just throw cheese at them. 

I have taken to marrying my Sim in a lovely chapel I modified.  Now I can't go back to doing it in the backward.  It's so annoying to see sims wandering around in their everyday clothing in the middle of my marriage and reception.  At least if they were dressed properly they wouldn't look so much like the door-crashers they are Smiley

Your object would be PERFECT for that lot.

twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2006 January 31, 15:43:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going to add the ability to do this to the visitor controller so sim's will automatically appear in the proper clothes. I'm thinking that only formal and swimwear are really necessary as options. Does anyone see any need for any others?
tunaisafish
Axe Murderer
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 January 31, 15:47:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going to add the ability to do this to the visitor controller so sim's will automatically appear in the proper clothes. I'm thinking that only formal and swimwear are really necessary as options. Does anyone see any need for any others?

Undies - it's the other turn on.

nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 January 31, 15:57:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Formal and swimwear is satisfactory to me, I dont have any lots that I would want sims inmasse to show up in their underwear...
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 January 31, 15:59:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, I don't really want my Sims to walk around in undies either.  The Romance Sims seem to do that enough on their own!  I never let them have the stupid clothes turn-ons anyway.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2006 January 31, 16:02:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But they wouldn't turn up in undies in the first place, they'd put those on once they got inside, so you could use a door for that.  Though if it wasn't too much extra work, being able to choose between all the types of outfits would make the most people happy.

Anyway I think a lot of people would like the one for enforcing normal, because sims are turning up to nightclubs in their work clothes and some people complain about that.

Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 January 31, 16:03:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like an undies option or (gasp) a nudist one, I think it would be amusing... I also think that the undies turn on may work for pjs as well?

I'd really like to see the enforced formalwear too, because I keep wanting to use that as a turn-on, but it just never happens on a community lot.

angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 January 31, 17:18:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How about PJ's in case you want to hold a pyjama party Smiley
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 January 31, 18:00:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm one of the people that likes to force normal. I like to have some upscale and some places where pretty much everyone wears jeans or they won't let  you in the door if you aren't wearing something interesting... admittedly I'd never get everyone to follow the dress code, but at least not wearing work clothes or swimsuits or pjs or something... and maybe some of my grownup townies that get stuck in weird outfits or the uni kids that get stuck in togas when they're invited to a party would have more chances to switch off.

...hopes that makes a bit of sense somehow.

Unsouper
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: