More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 13:17:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Sorry for sounding like a dolt. Question about aging_off and birth and stuff
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sorry for sounding like a dolt. Question about aging_off and birth and stuff  (Read 15160 times)
plastic shine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Sorry for sounding like a dolt. Question about aging_off and birth and stuff
« on: 2006 January 31, 01:12:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible to raise a family (get pregnant, give birth) with the aging_off? Sorry if that's a really n00b question, I'm in the middle of Legacy right now (and have been for months) so it's been a long time since I've played with it off.
tunaisafish
Axe Murderer
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Sorry for sounding like a dolt. Question about aging_off and birth and stuff
« Reply #1 on: 2006 January 31, 01:23:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you can get pregnant, but you need aging on for the pregnancy to develop.

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
Re: Sorry for sounding like a dolt. Question about aging_off and birth and stuff
« Reply #2 on: 2006 January 31, 01:24:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, pregnancies progress normally even with aging off. It's the only way I play.
Jorenne
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 January 31, 01:34:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Me too lol.  Of course the babies won't actually age once they're there, but the pregnancy goes right along as it always would.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 January 31, 01:39:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I age my sims manually, now,when I decide it's time for them to grow up.
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 January 31, 01:44:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I age my sims manually, now,when I decide it's time for them to grow up.

Do you turn aging on to do, buy a birthday cake or use Insim?
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 January 31, 01:45:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*whispers*

Insim  Grin
tunaisafish
Axe Murderer
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 January 31, 01:47:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahh, yes that's it, "babies"  Grin

I knew there was some reason not to use aging off around pregnancy time.
In the base game I had a baby for about 2 weeks before I realised that aging was off.
It was not funny at the time.
This was before I had hacks or had joined BBS's.

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 January 31, 01:48:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Infancy is now the shortest age in my game lasting, oh, about 2 seconds.
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 January 31, 01:52:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Infancy is now the shortest age in my game lasting, oh, about 2 seconds.

HAHA! You wuss!

Instant gratification takes too long.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 January 31, 01:59:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, now, my toddlers are toddlers for a reaaaaaaaally long time. That's the challenging part!
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 January 31, 02:06:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like my infants to be best friends with both parents before they become toddlers. I don't play with aging off tho so it's easily doable during the regular stage. And I swear patting and talking to the belly improves relationship scores with the baby. My newest born (Esidor) was friends with his father after one set of "cuddle," "play with," "cuddle" interactions after birth. The same actions didn't give him a friend score with his mother.

I think the whole no baby thing is really why I hate Uni tho. I'm having lots more fun with it now (did make the Greek house, have 7 sims moved in now, loving finding them all soulmates - or not depending - and goofing off with them. Hardly any classes, none kicked out yet, etc.) but no babies. I can't wait to get them home and married.

Edit: oops

Unsouper
seventhson
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 January 31, 02:36:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sagana, if you feel brave enough to install the inTeenimator, you can have families at uni. It requires a bit more fiddling around to get people into lots, but it's quite do-able.

You can also curse the @*&$^# risky woohoo (I love it, really I do, just...!) when it hits a pair of Fortune Sims you were planning on keeping childless. During their first semester. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...
Jorenne
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 January 31, 03:53:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh don't even get me started on my aging routines.  I have spreadsheets on them lol.

No one ages unless I say they can, when I say they can, it'd mess up my spreadsheet!

Oh for the love of all that is vaguely sane, someone either tell me I am not the only one this anal about my sims, or beat over the head until I fall unconscious!
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 January 31, 05:27:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sagana, if you feel brave enough to install the inTeenimator, you can have families at uni. It requires a bit more fiddling around to get people into lots, but it's quite do-able.

You can also curse the @*&$^# risky woohoo (I love it, really I do, just...!) when it hits a pair of Fortune Sims you were planning on keeping childless. During their first semester. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

I had that happen in my dorm of twelve playables - two Family Sims, risky woohoo, freshman year, and it was her first woohoo, too. Maan. (I love it too, but it's a little more risky than the old risky hacks, apparently, so I have to change my playing style again.) I'm not sure what to do now, though, as I was playing normal time/speed, but the kid's a toddler now and they're sophomores, and with each semester lasting three days, the kid will practically be a teenager by the time I get them all through their "four years". Nor am I fond of the idea of keeping the kid a toddler or child for longer than any other Sim was, but I may just have to, because I'm having too much fun with that huge dorm to suddenly throw everyone into 'college on speed' mode.
seventhson
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 January 31, 06:12:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First woohoo for my two as well. I should've remembered the birth control option, but no, I thought once would be safe...

...this is so much like the safe woohoo classes at school, isn't it? Remember kids - it only takes one mistake!
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 January 31, 06:49:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who says the Sims aren't educational??   Cheesy
sudaki
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 January 31, 07:13:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was actually pleasantly surprised when it came time to move home from college; the two "oopsie" children automatically went with their mother and no hassles. I didn't try moving them between different college lots, though.

Heh. Luckily, my sim's oopses happened in a sorority that also housed a family sim only too happy to take over parenting duties! Ooh, look, babies!! Kiss
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 January 31, 10:08:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was actually pleasantly surprised when it came time to move home from college; the two "oopsie" children automatically went with their mother and no hassles. I didn't try moving them between different college lots, though.

Oh that was my biggest fear. I'd hate to get 'em stuck, but if they get home ok <ponders being brave enough>

Unsouper
cristalfiona
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 January 31, 10:14:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Last night i moved my YA family, including their toddler child, between college lots, and there were no problems, if that helps you be braver.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 January 31, 10:19:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah :) The Inteen is still available for download, yes? <goes looking for a link>

Ignoring that this was supposed to be a Legacy family - I can't seem to play without a lot of hacks anymore. Oh well, it's the spirit, right? I'm not making it easier for them or anything. 'Sides the idea of the game is to have fun.

Unsouper
cristalfiona
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 January 31, 10:23:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine is a legacy too- i never get teens pregnant, but i figured young adults can woohoo anyway, why not add a bit of risk?
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 January 31, 10:39:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The inTeen is still around, its author posts here sometimes.

Mind you there's at least two bugs in the current NL version:
1) teens are (sometimes?) unable to leave for college if there are younger siblings present, and
2) teens lose their career scholarship bonus if they become "of age" (but I see there's a Hotfix now).

http://mysite.verizon.net/aestudios/sims2/index.htm

I seldom get teens pregnant either, I use the inTeen mainly for its great other features. IMNSHO it's one of the best complex hacks around.
seventhson
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 January 31, 11:01:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Somehow I've managed to screw up inTeen so teens don't have the option to try for baby, don't ask me how, but it's still adding a wonderful element of surprise to the game. It's my favourite non-MATY hack.

My poor little Fortune Sim got hit by inTeen again and miscarried the baby in the second trimester. Her boyfriend's been trailing around trying to comfort her with 'Punch you, punch me'. She's on birth control now! No more oopsies!
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 January 31, 11:06:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found it, thanks very much, and downloaded the NL edition, +flavor pack & hot fix. As you're answering questions, can you tell me if I just need the No Teen Jobs for Elders for Inteenimater fix and what the No Adult to Elder Anti-Aging does? I'm sure it's in the read me's... Just looking for info before I download :)

Now I wish I could play now and test it out instead of waiting for after work <sighs at RL>

Unsouper
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: