More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 05:23:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Visiting Employees Keep Getting Paid
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Visiting Employees Keep Getting Paid  (Read 2971 times)
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Visiting Employees Keep Getting Paid
« on: 2006 March 15, 06:44:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my test game, I had Darren and Dirk open a home store, and they were doing good business, so I hired Lillith, Dirk's gf, to better keep up w/ the demand. Problem is, whenever I invite her over, she's getting paid by the hour. The business is closed, she's not doing work, and yet she's racking up their dough. A fix for this anywhere? I've had to keep Lillith away for the time being, but poor Dirk's not so happy about it. No makeout sessions for him. Wink

Another ques. - can you sell a home business? Either by moving out or some other method? B/c the business value is now around $25,000, and I'd love to sell & have the dough to buy a community lot instead.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: Visiting Employees Keep Getting Paid
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 15, 07:45:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can sell your home lot to sell the business but the Prime Guide claims you don't get any extra value for the business if you do that. I could swear I did when I sold mine, but I also upgraded a lot in the house and so it may have just been that.  Undecided

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 15, 07:51:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I closed one of my home businesses (moving to another lot).  My sim didn't get any money from it.  In neighborhood mode, before closing the lot value showed at $60,000.  After closing it showed at $45,000 (the business was currently worth $15,000).

Maybe your little gal is charging for services rendered?  Zoiks!

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 15, 15:12:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed a similar thing with home businesses.  If the business is closed, normal visitors won't stay on the lot.  They can be greeted, but then they immediately leave.  This basically means that the residents can never have visitors on their days off, which is ridiculous and for Romance Sims it would be disastrous.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Zoltan
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 15, 15:23:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1. if they open/closed sign was not used to 'send employees home' then while you closed the store, you still had Lilith 'at work'; this can be a useful time for massive restocking....next time click on the open/closed sign to send her home, then invite her back using the phone or use Inge's Teleporter (employee VS girlfriend mode)

2. could one way to solve the closed store/no visitors problem be removing the open/closed sign when you want to have people over and add it when you want a store not a house?  not perfect solution by any means, but a solution of sorts  Wink
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 15, 16:18:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wouldn't removing the Open/Close sign make the store permanently open?
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 15, 16:44:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1. if they open/closed sign was not used to 'send employees home' then while you closed the store, you still had Lilith 'at work'; this can be a useful time for massive restocking....next time click on the open/closed sign to send her home, then invite her back using the phone or use Inge's Teleporter (employee VS girlfriend mode)

2. could one way to solve the closed store/no visitors problem be removing the open/closed sign when you want to have people over and add it when you want a store not a house?  not perfect solution by any means, but a solution of sorts  Wink

Well she was invited back over the phone after being sent home. And no open/closed sign means a perma-open lot.

Maxis really should have thought this through. This is the only EP where I've been really pissed off at the bugs, and I've played them ALL.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: