More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 04:47:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  I found a way to connect the three neighborhoods together. (Serious Thread)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I found a way to connect the three neighborhoods together. (Serious Thread)  (Read 22390 times)
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
Re: I found a way to connect the three neighborhoods together. (Serious Thread)
« Reply #25 on: 2006 March 15, 01:28:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But wouldn't that involve lotbinning them anyway? and that causes problems too!

I like pleasantview and strangetown. I might just delete Veronaville.

sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 March 15, 01:41:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally I hate the maxis characters.

The first thing I did when I got the game was delete them all, move lal the houses into the lot bin from all 3 hoods and start my own.

This allowed me to have smaller neigboorhoods with distinct stlyes within one big map.

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 March 15, 02:17:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And I, personally, like the maxis characters.  (Well, there's a few I could do without)

Finding a way to merge the hoods like this safely would be awesome.  But until then I think the only truely safe way to do that is to copy them all with sim surgury and slap them all in one hood.  The relations can be fixed with simpe.
Paperbladder
Paperian Heretic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 March 15, 02:32:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just don't know what to think about Maxian Characters.  They're equivalent to townies in my opinion, however I do have a "few" maxian sims in my custom neighborhood.

I've still got all the neighborhoods around just because I don't feel like deleting them.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2006 March 15, 02:47:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would really enjoy it if the neighbourhoods were still separate and Sims could travel between them at will, but this sounds as if they'll all appear in each other's neighbourhoods at random (i.e., walkbys and so on) which would be no different to moving them into the one neighbourhood in the first place.  When I restarted Pleasantview and ditched Strangetown I put the Beakers into it (minus their family trees to avoid extra character files) because they had great twins (both thoroughly nasty, like their parents) and I wanted to see how they grew-up.  I still have a couple of Strangetown back-ups, so I may eventually put some other characters in, probably the Grunts and the Curious Bros, or maybe just their alien offspring.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 March 15, 06:32:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love most of the Maxis Playable Characters from Pleasantview and Strangetown...Personally if your going to lot-bin include every sim that knows each other on one lot...If you dont you get tons of garbage character files...

So far the only downside I see is that all the townies seem to be from Pleasantview. I'm not sure of if Strangetown townies get recreated during the process.

No they wont unless you stick them on a lot...lot-bin...and then use Inges teleporter bush to make them townies again...

It's the putting occupied lots in the lot bin that worries me.  Doesn't that cause duplication of the character files of every sim they know outside their own household?  Even in a freshly installed, unplayed Strangetown there are relationships between the households - so (if I were silly/brave enough to try this) I'd not only have the (real) Johnny Smith in the Smith household, I'd also have a 2nd Johnny Smith character file from Ophelia's relationships, a 3rd Johnny Smith character file from the Grunt boys, etc.  When you consider how many characters are already known to other families in unplayed versions of Strangetown and Veronaville, you're starting to look at a heck of a lot of character files.

That is why you would need to put all characters on one lot with Inges teleporter bush.  For Strangetown I put everyone on one lot plus Crystal Vu, Meredith the Bartender, and Abjiheet Cho.  Veronaville Characters didnt know any NPC's.  Pleasntview you would have to add Kaylynn Langerak and Gordon King.  I also added the graves to the sims inventories.  I dont know if it matters or not
« Last Edit: 2006 March 15, 06:44:54 by StarrKist » Logged

ISFJ
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 March 15, 06:37:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the only safe way you could do this is to package the occupied Lots to files(make a list of all the sims that are actually on the Lot for each occupied Lot), then delete all the characters in strangetown and verona, then install the occupied Lots using clean installer (to remove all the characters that are not actually on the Lot)

Otherwise you will end up with a ton of unlinked character files which is bad...

I'm a little tempted to try this with a couple of new custom hoods that have no character files/sims to worry about, link them up and then create my new sims for each hood.

Not sure if it is worth the trouble/time though...hmmm do the hoods now actually share a University & Downtown? or do they still have to have their own?  If I do this would I be able to send sims from all 3 hoods to the same Uni, where students from all 3 hoods can share a dorm and do stuff together?  now That would be cool and would certainly make it worth doing!!
Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 March 15, 06:54:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hmmm do the hoods now actually share a University & Downtown? or do they still have to have their own?  If I do this would I be able to send sims from all 3 hoods to the same Uni, where students from all 3 hoods can share a dorm and do stuff together?  now That would be cool and would certainly make it worth doing!!

That would make it worth it

hmmm do the hoods now actually share a University & Downtown? or do they still have to have their own?  If I do this would I be able to send sims from all 3 hoods to the same Uni, where students from all 3 hoods can share a dorm and do stuff together?  now That would be cool and would certainly make it worth doing!!

Especially if you lot-bin each family instead of adding them all to one lot...If you put everyone on one lot you dont have unlinked characters...I have had all three neighborhoods combined in one neighborhood since Uni and had no problems infact that neighborhood doesnt have as many characters as the Pleasantview Im playing in now. I have checked with Simpe and dont have any duplicate files and then used Theo's memory enhancement to fix memories and it didnt do anything so Im guessing there was no broken memories.

ISFJ
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 March 15, 07:18:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the only safe way you could do this is to package the occupied Lots to files(make a list of all the sims that are actually on the Lot for each occupied Lot), then delete all the characters in strangetown and verona, then install the occupied Lots using clean installer (to remove all the characters that are not actually on the Lot)

Otherwise you will end up with a ton of unlinked character files which is bad...

I'm a little tempted to try this with a couple of new custom hoods that have no character files/sims to worry about, link them up and then create my new sims for each hood.

Not sure if it is worth the trouble/time though...hmmm do the hoods now actually share a University & Downtown? or do they still have to have their own?  If I do this would I be able to send sims from all 3 hoods to the same Uni, where students from all 3 hoods can share a dorm and do stuff together?  now That would be cool and would certainly make it worth doing!!

right, but when you package them, what about all the weird things like "birthevents" that get packaged as well? And if you delete all the extra character files, you also sever the relationships, and any memories...

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 March 15, 14:25:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

realized right after I climbed in bed last night that I forgot to add the bit about fixing their memorys.

Ellatrue, thats why you would want to put all related sims on one Lot. I moved about 50 sims (family and friends) on one Lot to a different hood awhile ago, by moving them together they kept their relationships with each other, memory cleanup afterwords was all for townies/sims they didn't take with them.

Of course you could use SimPE to remove all the relationships(and memorys) with other townies/sims that aren't going to be on the Lot before you put the occupied Lot in the Lot Bin (then you wouldn't have to package the Lot to a file) If you don't sever relationships with sims/townies that aren't on the Lot then you will end up with unlinked character files.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: