More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 09:06:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Disappeared dead
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Disappeared dead  (Read 7217 times)
Indiasong
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Disappeared dead
« on: 2006 January 29, 13:07:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Except for the maxis ones, all my dead have disappeared, and I can't resurrect them either.
I sent them to Gothier green lawns with Nightlife, but they aren't there.
At first, I couldn't get rid of them. When I loaded the lot, a few duplicates headstones would be on the pavement. It still happens with the Goths, every time, and the house of the fallen trees, and Gothier Green Lawns itself.
What the hell is happening?
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Disappeared dead
« Reply #1 on: 2006 January 29, 13:15:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry I can't help you with that but there is a whole section somewhere in this forum about the House of Fallen Trees, it seems to play havoc with the game...Maybe a post in there will answer your question.

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 January 29, 13:59:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If their character files are still intact, you can get their gravestones back with the No Unlinkage on Urnstone Delete mod here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=2083.0

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Indiasong
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 January 29, 14:23:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I had read it and tried to summon, or resurrect, but no ghost. It still is on the memory tree, though.
Maybe on Ghotier green lawns? That's where I sent a few duplicates headstones before deciding to delete.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 January 29, 15:12:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If tombstones have "disappeared", usually this means the game has chosen to shred your character files for you.

No unlink-on-delete should stop future shredding, but cannot repair existing shredded files. You will have to reimport from the original datafiles to unshred a character file.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 January 29, 21:39:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wondered about that as well.  I noticed the second time I went to the Gothier Greens place that there were no tombstones and I was confused.  Same thing happened with the house of falling trees.

Someone sucks more than I do.
http://wytchieone.deviantart.com/gallery
Indiasong
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 February 02, 14:05:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I replaced the file with an older version, now the ghost appears, but I can't respawn a tombstone because it goes away saying it's died on another lot. So neither the lot she died on, nor Gothier green lawns where I sent her are accepted. Any ideas?
« Last Edit: 2006 February 03, 23:26:28 by Indiasong » Logged
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 February 02, 17:52:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I replaced the file with an older version, now the ghost appears, but I can't respawn a tombstone because it goes away saying it's died on another lot. So neither the lot she died on, nor Gothier green lawns were I sent her are accepted. Any ideas?

Same issue here with the fixes installed. I'll have to watch this thread.

Instant gratification takes too long.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 February 02, 18:05:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, AFTER you've gotten the "so and so has died elsewhere" message:

1: Activate the testing cheats
2: Buy the FFS Lot fixer and Place a teleporter (I use the simlogical bush).
3: Go to "life" mode and PAUSE
4: teleport in the deceased
5: make this dead selectable (shift-click)
6: with this dead Sim selected, shift-click the lot debugger and spawn tombstone.
7: Unpause.

The Sim will disappear again, but this time leave an urn or tombstone behind.
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 February 02, 21:39:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, AFTER you've gotten the "so and so has died elsewhere" message:

1: Activate the testing cheats
2: Buy the FFS Lot fixer and Place a teleporter (I use the simlogical bush).
3: Go to "life" mode and PAUSE
4: teleport in the deceased
5: make this dead selectable (shift-click)
6: with this dead Sim selected, shift-click the lot debugger and spawn tombstone.
7: Unpause.

The Sim will disappear again, but this time leave an urn or tombstone behind.

Thanks for the detailed instructions, however that isn't working any more. I must have something else wrong with the character file.

Instant gratification takes too long.
Indiasong
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 February 05, 12:22:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for the instructions, But I had to go back to a backup because tinkering with Ts2 made my sims stuck. So, I've lost my ghost again.
Am I the only one finding lots of duplicates headstones on the pavement? The Tricous at Gothier green lawns, and the Goth, even at some University houses?
I tried forwarding, deleting, but they always come back with puddles on the road.
And another question: where can I find an extended neighbourhood camera? I have Gunmod's, but I find it difficult to use, and I took the less modified one. I used to have a simple one for University that just extended the view.
Thanks again for your expertise  Wink
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 February 05, 14:05:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for the instructions, But I had to go back to a backup because tinkering with Ts2 made my sims stuck. So, I've lost my ghost again.
Am I the only one finding lots of duplicates headstones on the pavement? The Tricous at Gothier green lawns, and the Goth, even at some University houses?
I tried forwarding, deleting, but they always come back with puddles on the road.
Remove the yellow pee hack from your game. I'm not sure if Pescado's version has that problem, but several people have reported that the original version of that hack caused problems relating to graveyards.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Indiasong
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 February 06, 01:43:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I didn't know that, thank you, I'll remove it.
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 February 06, 03:45:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think they might be your actual headstones i.e. not duplicates so probably best not to delete them unless you really really want to.  As for why they are on the pavement, well I find that if I send a headstone to Gothier Green Lawns or whichever lot I choose, the game plonks it next to the phone box so I can find it when I am in build mode and place it properly.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 February 06, 08:49:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think they might be your actual headstones i.e. not duplicates so probably best not to delete them unless you really really want to.  As for why they are on the pavement, well I find that if I send a headstone to Gothier Green Lawns or whichever lot I choose, the game plonks it next to the phone box so I can find it when I am in build mode and place it properly.

Is it meant to be that when you place a grave in a community lot that the only time you will see it is if the family of that sim is visiting?  I had fancied graveyards stuffed with graves - and I have two churches - but I've not been able to fill 'em up satisfactorily. 

Inteen for AL, yay!
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 February 06, 10:43:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No you should be able to see the gravestones when you are in build mode as well as normal.  Take the Tricous for example, their graves are mostly at Gothier Green Lawns yet you can see them when you go to GGL even though there are usually no members of the family on the lot.

Best way to fill a church yard is kill the townies on your home lot and save.  Then click on a gravestone and choose move all gravestones. It will ask you where you want to move them and you can select your church.  Save again and then visit the church in build mode & arrange the gravesl to your liking.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 February 06, 19:37:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No you should be able to see the gravestones when you are in build mode as well as normal.  Take the Tricous for example, their graves are mostly at Gothier Green Lawns yet you can see them when you go to GGL even though there are usually no members of the family on the lot.

Best way to fill a church yard is kill the townies on your home lot and save.  Then click on a gravestone and choose move all gravestones. It will ask you where you want to move them and you can select your church.  Save again and then visit the church in build mode & arrange the gravesl to your liking.

Thanks for the reply - I'm glad to have it confirmed that my game is not doing it properly.  Yes, I can see the Tricou graves when I go to Gothier Green Lawns (well I could but I've raised them now) but I definitely can't see any other graves unless I have a family member with me.  If I'm there with a family member, I can't pick them up, of course, because build-buy mode is off (unless I cheat).  Hmmm, I wonder what that's about.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: