More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 03:46:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  big trouble with Uni dorm room
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: big trouble with Uni dorm room  (Read 3274 times)
Kestran
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
big trouble with Uni dorm room
« on: 2006 January 29, 02:58:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At the end of one of the semesters I added 2 students to one of my already occupied dorms and subsequently 2 Uni dormies moved out to make room for my new Sims but when one of them went to claim their room the furnitures did not appear. There is no furnitures in the room, just like it is for Uni dormies BUT when I try to furnish it, I can't. Its like furnitures are already there but just invisble and unaccessible. What can I do? Do I have to move out the unfortunate Sim and move him in again?
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
Re: big trouble with Uni dorm room
« Reply #1 on: 2006 January 29, 03:48:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did your sim "claim" the dorm room door?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 January 29, 03:50:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If all else fails, you can blow up the offending stuck objects with the Stuck Object Remover.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Kestran
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 January 29, 04:31:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ooh blow up stuff. That sounds like a great stress relieve I need right now Grin

Yubb. He claimed the door and locked it. I can't remember if I actually saw furnitures in the room before he did the claim as I was more worried about saving one of my Sims from being strangled by another of my Sims. I am now awaiting for him to come back from class, I'm gonna let him unclaim the door and reclaim it. See if it doesn't fix it. If it won't I'll do the blow up thing Pescado suggested....um the Stuck Object Remover is yours aint it Pescado?

/roams off to the Firering Range

Thanks guys.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 January 29, 04:43:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a similar problem once.
I claimed the door and the room showed as having no furniture, but I was able to put furniture in the foom (I can't remember if I bought new furniture or stole it from other rooms).  But when the sim moved back to town, the room showed with a double set of furniture, on top of each other.
I did not use move objects on.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 January 29, 04:49:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this problem once and I'm pretty sure it got solved by unclaiming the door and saving and reloading the lot. I think that's all I did, but it happened ages ago (shortly after Uni was released) so I can't quite remember the details. You could try that, I guess. It won't cause your sim to lose his place in the dorm or anything.

Fail.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 January 29, 04:57:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Happened with me several times before NL, which (touch wood) seems to have solved the problem.  In my case it was always Sims who had been in the dorm before, either as grad party guests, or dormies.  I tended to just move them to other dorms or private housing, although in retrospect I probably should have tried deleting them or something, as that resets them and could well solve the problem.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 January 29, 15:49:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just unclaim the room, then reclaim it. That should do it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: