More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 20:31:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  BFBVFS approaching?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: BFBVFS approaching?  (Read 6808 times)
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
BFBVFS approaching?
« on: 2006 January 27, 00:15:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anybody have any idea what exactly this error log is saying?

I know "Too many iterations." is never a good thing and usually means impending doom for the 'hood that it strikes.  It was coming up on a sim...however I went ahead and deleted her and it's still happening on the lot.

I hope this isn't the beginning of the end..I've put so much time into Pleasantview...hmmph
« Last Edit: 2006 January 27, 02:49:02 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
Re: BFBVFS approaching?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 January 27, 00:21:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think your hood is going to blow. Cry I really don't know what to do but you should start saving the sims with simPe, maybe delete some of their memories, jot down their personalities if you have to restart Pleasant View.
BTW, where did you get that bed it your avatar, it would look cute in room that I am decorating for a girl who loves gardens.

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 January 27, 02:33:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If Pleasantview blows up I'm not restarting it lol...it will just be deleted.  I've played that 'hood probably 4x now and each time it blew up so I'm not trying again.  I think it starts off with waaaaaaay too many character files to begin with.

I got the bed at TSR....my guess is it is probably not in free rotation right now though.  You could try and see, I think you can find it by typing in fence in the beds download category.  I'm not sure if it's available anywhere else.  The creator is dotcombuilder.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 January 27, 02:48:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's probably just some damn woohoo hack. The error is occurring inside the Relax test for a bed, which usually means some damn woohoo hack did it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 January 27, 05:40:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think too many iterations always means impending doom.  They often have to do with hack issues or conflicts.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 January 27, 12:24:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's probably just some damn woohoo hack. The error is occurring inside the Relax test for a bed, which usually means some damn woohoo hack did it.

*looks aroud*

I'M NOT TELLING YOU WHAT HACKS I HAVE NOW  Tongue

lol...umm yeah..in that case, I probably did bring it on myself....but that's actually a relief in this case.  Last time I started getting error logs about too many iterations it was in my legacy 'hood and well it did go kersplat after that.
I was poking around in SimPe last night and there's no way there's too many character files yet anyways.  Granted the hood is getting pretty  huge but shouldn't near BFBVFS huge yet.

It was a cheerleader that I had a sim marry that was getting the errors.  She was getting them while they were in Uni and on dates.  He couldn't ask her if she liked what she saw w/o it jumping out of cue.  When they married she never moved in so I used Inge's teleporter to move her in and she just stood there and jumped.

Hope it doesn't start happening on other lots..I love my hacks =/
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 January 27, 12:39:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The cheerleaders and mascots are buggy when moving them in and marrying them, from what I've heard.  They like to run around and cheer like they did in Uni, because the routines are embedded in their character files.  Which is disappointing because one of my sims had his heart set on marrying this one cheerleader, but I didn't want to go through that, so she is now the frat house ho. Wink  Well, NPCs in my game are Romance Sim fodder anyway.
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 January 28, 02:39:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The cheerleaders and mascots are buggy when moving them in and marrying them, from what I've heard.  They like to run around and cheer like they did in Uni, because the routines are embedded in their character files.  Which is disappointing because one of my sims had his heart set on marrying this one cheerleader, but I didn't want to go through that, so she is now the frat house ho. Wink  Well, NPCs in my game are Romance Sim fodder anyway.

Yap, don't ever marry a cheerleade/uni NPC per say  Angry
They are seriously buggy. I had to kill mine off 'cos she was having too many issues (motives wouldn't decrease etc) and she cheered way too much which irritated the hell out of me.

And yeah, NPC are good RS fodder. I did that too  Undecided

Go Away
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 January 28, 04:44:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A couple of months or so back someone here said they thought the problem with cheerleaders and mascots had been fixed in the patch.  I've not had a sim become involved with either so have no clue if that's accurate or not.

IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 January 28, 09:51:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A long time ago when playing University in debug mode I got the "Too Many Iterations" error every time a Uni students finished a final exam. I played the neighborhood for months after that with no major problems. I just stopped playing in debug mode  Cheesy. Ignorance is bliss.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 January 28, 10:35:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've moved in about 4 cheerleaders/mascots now and granted they do just let them into anybody in the 'hoods house they please and run around in mascot outfits but this is the first time they stood there and jumped.  I'll probably avoid it, cuz they are buggy still to some extent.  I'll hafta go into SimPe and fix up Max so it's like he never married her.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 January 28, 11:17:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've moved in about 4 cheerleaders/mascots now and granted they do just let them into anybody in the 'hoods house they please and run around in mascot outfits but this is the first time they stood there and jumped.  I'll probably avoid it, cuz they are buggy still to some extent.  I'll hafta go into SimPe and fix up Max so it's like he never married her.
Heh, if you want to hack things in SimPE, you can actually strip the mascot code from the character files. Replace all of the BHAVs, the OBJF, and the "Original GUID" from the OBJD with versions from a normal "non-mascot", and your sim should be back to normal.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 January 28, 16:02:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you are desperate to have the cheerleaders, why don't you just clone her with Sims Surgery.  This way you get a character that looks exactly like the cheerleader, but whithout the problems.
agcons
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 January 28, 23:22:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my Pleasantview sims liked what he saw when Blair Zhang (one of the streakers) ran through the dorm, then stopped to watch two dormies whomp the crap out of each other.  He chatted up the streaker, fell in love, and when he got home he invited Blair to move in.

Blair has been going to work without issues, and he doesn't run around the neighbourhood in his university "costume", at least not that I've seen so far.  The only thing I've noticed is his tendency to forget to get dressed after a shower or bath.  I've left him for a few seconds so he could "be used" in the bathroom while queueing tasks for the others, only to go back and find him buff-dancing in the living room, his three-piece set swaying. 

I have other sims with maxed outgoing points that still manage to put their clothes on after washing, so that's not all of it.  However, if that's the biggest problem I have with him, then I won't bother editing his data in SimPE.  I won't, that is, until he reaches elderhood.  Some things just shouldn't be seen by anyone.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: