More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 05, 09:23:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6515 Members
Latest Member: mirol
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Open for Business, preorder incentive
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Open for Business, preorder incentive  (Read 27413 times)
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
Re: Open for Business, preorder incentive
« Reply #25 on: 2006 January 26, 05:10:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Myself wasn't interested at all in the hot rod, I think it's pretty ugly. I've seen much better vehicles at TSR and MTS2. I'm glad this time the pre order gift is also obtainable in europe too tho.

I've always pre ordered the EP's because then I get them before the official release date. Since I already pre order I'm glad I'm also getting a gift when I do. I think the chicken suit is cool, the idea of my sims wearing cpstumes is very appealing to me. I'm already thinking about requests evn for new meshes.

I would love it if my sims could wear a Strong Bad costume for example...

Greets,
virgali

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 January 26, 05:13:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sleepycat...

The solid Purple recolur looks really good in the game

The other one that has purple/pink is not too bad either, but I must admit I do favour the solid purple one because it reminds me of a very similar car that a friend of mine once owned. I think it was an old Ford (circa 1950's or so) that he restored with every spare cent he had!!

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
Baronetess
TaWanda
Nitwitted Nuisance

stolen from obsessiveicons@livejournal

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 January 26, 05:16:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sleepycat, if you liked the cars by sixstringslim make sure you check out his other stuff. He's got a matching pit crew pickup that just kills me.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 January 26, 05:21:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would love it if my sims could wear a Strong Bad costume for example...

There's a Strongbad costume on TSR, but it doesn't have the gloves.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 January 26, 05:33:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cool! Too bad about the gloves tho... I'm still putting a request at MTS2... Maybe someone will make one with the gloves.

Hopefully they'll have a Strong Bad doll also somewhere

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 2006 January 26, 07:10:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if anyone wants some "cold shower"  -  here it is: Open for Business requires 1000 MHz processor.

Here I come, new computer...Smiley

You've been running your game with Less than this already?!?!? I mean, those are pretty much the same requirements for NL. Man, have you been livin in the "dark ages" Tongue Hell... my computer is twice as fast as the required processor speed and it's friggin obsolete by like 4 years already. Roll Eyes The only reason my game runs so well is because of the kick ass grfx card I won for free. I can't imagine how your game might crawl along? Anyways, I don't mean to be like an ass or anything, I'm just amazed at people trying to run these graphics and processor intensive games on machines that are pretty much on their last legs or should have been put out to pasture a long time ago.

NOTE: If you have a non-T&L capable video card, such as Intel Extreme Graphics, then you need at least a 2.4 GHz processor.   

And I don't think anyone really pays attention to that part or even understands what it means. I sure as hell didn't Tongue Even though my sister had gotten a new Dell last year, which was hella speedier than mine, and should have been pretty much superior to mine as far as most of the specs go, for some reason the Sims would only display at the lowest res possible (800x600). I couldn't figure it out, and I could have sworn that when we first installed it, the game ran at a higher res! It turns out that the comp didn't have a "real" graphics card. It had an integrated chipset (which is the "Intel Extreme Graphics 82865, 82915, and higher." part on that list) and I didn't know that meant it was a "non-T&L capable video card" like it says now. I think the original packaging never explained that, or at least I couldn't find it. And I don't think the official website included this tidbit: "such as Intel Extreme Graphics"

It's as if Maxis tried to hide the fact that their bare minimum specs are pretty much the barest minimumest specs you could possibly run the game where it looks barely better than crap. Thanks Maxis, "could you vague that up" a bit more for me? Tongue

So yeah, even if you Do get a new computer, you still need to get a kick arse graphics card, otherwise your game will look like shite! I only found this out after scouring the MTS2 boards and chatting with a few helpful peeps in MTS2 chat. So what's the valuable lesson we've learned today kiddies? The Sims Online Community rul3z! Maxis dr00lz!  Grin

Ste

Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2006 January 26, 07:58:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if anyone wants some "cold shower"  -  here it is: Open for Business requires 1000 MHz processor.

Nightlife also requires a 1000 MHz processor. In fact I think the specs for OFB are the same as for NL.

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
bloodstainedkisses
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 January 26, 08:49:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've already pre-ordered OFB, and I'm not that excited about it. Sad I was more excited about NL, but this game will be interesting, none the less. The chicken suit wasn't that appealing, more that I could get it early.

I'm sure I'll enjoy it once it gets here... Cheesy

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 January 26, 10:34:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nightlife also requires a 1000 MHz processor. In fact I think the specs for OFB are the same as for NL.

NL requires 800 MHz processor, that's the one I have.
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 January 26, 10:41:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you, Blue! Ooooooooooh, I feel so dirty.  Cheesy I didn't preorder, but I bought NL the first day out. My trailer-trash guy needs an appropriate set of wheels. So trashed recolor, here I come!

I almost panicked when I read the requirements for OFB. Then I realized...I have a 2.66GHz with a speedo.
cheriem
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 January 26, 13:44:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gali, you scared me for a minute.  I had to ask my husband if our computer would run OFB.  He said our computer is over the limits and I should be fine.  What a relief, let me tell you.  I was going to have a fit if I couldn't get the new EP! Grin

Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: 2006 January 26, 14:05:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the chat transcripts on the official site it said the minimum requirements were the same as NL's.

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
Viscountess
Batelle
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 January 26, 14:22:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyways, I don't mean to be like an ass or anything, I'm just amazed at people trying to run these graphics and processor intensive games on machines that are pretty much on their last legs or should have been put out to pasture a long time ago.

I think that there are just hardcore Sims fans who want to play the game but can't afford the sorts of machine needed to run it the way it should be, which is their right.  However, the ones who bitch and moan and "don't understand why" their graphics suck or why they can't get the Events Camera or invite more than 2 people to a party deserve a fair shaking.

What annoys me about the whole "pre-order incentive" (and the Holiday Pack) is the fact that not everyone has a credit card, EA.  Why take the hot rod off of the exchange?  Anyone who downloads a lot with it would have to own your product (and be registered with you).  If it was a subscription thing, I would understand, but to withhold objects from people who don't have the financial access you prefer is a bit insulting.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 January 26, 14:47:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very simple reason: Maxis wants to collect all of your personal information and everything about you. If you order it directly from them, they know EXACTLY which serial number they sent you, so anytime that serial number phones home, they know it's YOU.

Naturally, this is a goldmine of information that they use for their own nefarious purposes. Notice how they promise never to use this information, a sure sign that something dodgy is occuring, because if they never planned to use it, why ask for it?

Naturally, by trying to suppress this "bonus item", they try to encourage people to cough up all their goods and be tagged for monitoring. Don't fall for it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: 2006 January 26, 15:02:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the car Bluesoup, and the recolour links Sleepycat! Grin

PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 January 26, 16:31:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thanks for the car  Smiley
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 January 26, 16:51:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

NL runs pretty damn spiffy on my comp and it isn't even  anything that special... but I was for sure NL would kill it.  I'm too worried about OFB since they said that if you're running NL, OFB should be about the same.

Play the game on an emachine LOL... then switch back to a normal comp..you'll never complain about lag again

I played TS2 when it first came out for a few days on one ....our computer bit the dust the same time I attempted to install it.  We bought an emachine to tide us over on the bare computer necessities..that lasted about 5 days until neither of us could take it anymore

Frame by frame by frame...I was desperate what can I say...

Anyways....
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 January 26, 18:07:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gali, you scared me for a minute.  I had to ask my husband if our computer would run OFB.  He said our computer is over the limits and I should be fine.  What a relief, let me tell you.  I was going to have a fit if I couldn't get the new EP!

Me too! I did exactly the same thing - even called hubby during my lunch break to ask.

My computer is way over specs except I also have a stupid inboard Extreme Graphics Graphics card. I'm hoping to get (and figure out how to install - I'm a Mac critter by nature) a new one before OFB comes out. I want special events cameras and other such goodies. It will run on higher resolution than 800x600 tho. But it also has the secondary requirements thing, so I guess that's why.

Thanks for the upload. I'll be looking for the "trashed" version as soon as I get home, so thanks for the links too.

Unsouper
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 January 26, 18:11:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's fairly easy to install a video card, I did it with little instruction and I am *not* the most mechanical of people (funny, though, that I work in the service department of a car dealership  Tongue).  You'll be able to install it fine, I'm sure.
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 January 26, 18:29:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We've got a higher end emachine and have been pretty happy with it. I did add more RAM and a new video card last September though. I wanted reflections, cut scenes and realistic hands on my sims. It wasn't hard at all to add the cards, thanks to some encouragement from Witch. I purchased both from Newegg and they arrived in a couple of days. I took my tower over to the kitchen table because it has more room but it was a pretty quick job to pop off the case, put in the new cards, put the case back on and go. And I consider myself to be electronically challenged.
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2006 January 26, 18:38:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the car Bluesoup, and the recolour links Sleepycat! Grin

Ditto.
Thanks!
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2006 January 26, 18:43:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah! A whole group of people that know how to share! I'm so glad. When I happen onto that outfit: Well, I know how to share too. And I will post in this thread.

You know when you go to the movies and they give you that little blurp about copying DVDS is piracy, blah blah--doesn't that just MAKE you want to go home and burn a CD??
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2006 January 26, 18:57:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't believe how many people apparently didn't have that car!  I already have 54 downloads.  I thought I might get 3 or 4 at the most, but I'm glad everyone can get some use out of it.

And yes, I am a sharer.  It is ridiculous to try and force people to pre-order a product to get a free download.  Either way, they're getting my money for the product.
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2006 January 26, 21:25:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Play the game on an emachine LOL... then switch back to a normal comp..you'll never complain about lag again

Frame by frame by frame...I was desperate what can I say...

I had an emachine when I got TS2, and YUCK!  It was sooo slooow, the whole hand/paw thing was going on...I knew I needed a better graphics card.  And my emachine was 2.4 GHz, but that crappy Integrated Intel was too much!

So I bought a better card and guess what?  The power supply wasn't big enough to power the card.  Had to get a bigger power supply.  Did the whole thing myself - swapped the PS and put in the card (well, I've been installing my own cards, HDs CD-ROMs for years, never a PS, though).  I was amazed at how much faster the game ran on the same computer with a better card.  With the Intel, it would literally take minutes to transition from day to night or vice versa.  And to view a different floor of the house took quite awhile, too.

So when I started looking for a better computer last summer, I just looked for the best I could find, figuring it should be good for a few years.  That emachines was only 3 years old, and I was already outgrowing it with the software I was running.  (Too many 3D games, I guess.)

I liked the emachines until I started playing TS2.  Funny how this game makes you suddenly start looking at how good your hardware is.

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
seventhson
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2006 January 26, 22:15:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Psst. For any Australians out there, it's quite possible that some stores (EB Games in particular) will have 'pre-order' sets for normal sale, if you get the game in the first few days. I got the Hot Rod for Nightlife because they had more pre-ordered games than, in fact, had actually been ordered. It makes no sense, but hey, new stuff!

When OFB comes out here, I shall be right back to that store looking cute and eager.  Grin
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: