More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 09:59:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Sexual Preference Not Changed By Woo-Hooing?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sexual Preference Not Changed By Woo-Hooing?  (Read 81343 times)
Baronetess
vcline
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Sexual Preference Not Changed By Woo-Hooing?
« Reply #125 on: 2005 August 12, 22:32:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Damn!  I just got pushed into Aries, when I'm obviously still a Taurus by temperament.  I'm going to ignore this whole thing.

Vicki
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2005 August 12, 22:57:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Happened to me too, and even though I'm nearly on the cusp, I don't fit Aries very well at all!

Zephyr Zodiac
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2005 August 12, 23:35:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My father is an osteopath who uses homeopathy alongside acupunture, the Alexander Technique and others.
I'm afraid homeopathy is a pseudo-science, there have been only flawed studies proving it works and plenty of repeatable studies to prove it does not. Water is water, H2O, there are no other molecules or essences attached. This link gives a good history and background to the practice of homeopathy. Homeopathic studies are discussed about half way down the article. I followed up on studies when I first read the article, I did not find anything to contradict the assertions made in this article.

His treatment is holistic; so there's alot of psychology as well as physiology used to work out what the patient needs.  My dad's very intuitive to the point of being a bit spooky really. 
  I suspect that combined with your dad's intuition & experience, the well-researched placebo effect comes into play. Many people feel better just after someone takes an interest in them as well. Your dad is probably also someone who also looks after his health and diet, creating a younger fitter person than the average, all kudos to him. Smiley

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2005 August 13, 00:07:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's pretty much how I think alot of medicine works.  Chemicals come into play, but willpower seems to be the biggest driver in getting the immune system to kick in.  I've seen some remarkable results from my father's practice.  People who have gained much more flexibility in their joints, feel far less pain after the initial increased pain from first treatments.  Homeopathy works through belief as much as chemical impact - the dosages are so small as to be negligible, yet long term do have an impact - particularly in the treatment of eczema and asthma. 

Note that the wealthiest family in the world (The Royal Family) all use homeopathic medicine.  Especially Harry. Cheesy

happy now :-)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2005 August 13, 00:31:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's pretty much how I think alot of medicine works.  Chemicals come into play, but willpower seems to be the biggest driver in getting the immune system to kick in.  I've seen some remarkable results from my father's practice.
I don't doubt it, he sounds like a special person. Smiley I believe that belief in a cure and a strong willpower do in fact affect the immune system. Anecdotally, I have seen people die, they literally gave up and believed there was no hope. When I had breast cancer 5 years ago, I just couldn't believe I would die, NOT ME!!! And I believe that affected my outcome, I should certainly have died.

Homeopathy works through belief as much as chemical impact - the dosages are so small as to be negligible, yet long term do have an impact - particularly in the treatment of eczema and asthma. 
Well, that was my point, there are no dosages, negligable or otherwise, it is just water, H2O. Your farther probably gives excellent health advice, eg give up smoking for asthmatics etc.

Note that the wealthiest family in the world (The Royal Family) all use homeopathic medicine.  Especially Harry. Cheesy
Yeeess, the mad hanoverians, not an inducement to believe in homeopathy I'm afraid. Wink

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: 2005 August 13, 00:34:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, have to say something here.  While I agree that there are a lot of charlatans around professing to be able to predict the future and the rest of it, this is not true of all psychics or whatever you want to call them.  I have been reading the tarot for over 30 years and I do NOT use cold-reading.  I know what it is and I know how it works, but I don't use it because I don't need to.  I am also a trained medium and between the two I don't need any extra help, thanks all the same.  There are always going to be people who knock this sort of thing, simply because THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND IT.  If it's not tangible, they don't want to know.  One day we will all communicate via our minds and our mouths will be almost obsolete.  I've said this from being a small child and I will continue to say it.  The next stage in evolution is mind communication.  Unfortunately, I won't live to see it and neither will anyone reading this (although all the signs are there).  Pity, because I so would love to come back here and say "I told you so".

Oh, and if you're not like your sun-sign, that's fine.  Most people are far more like their rising-signs anyway.  I am Virgo rising and I am typical of it, or rather the more negative aspects of it (how about nit-picking, critical and pedantic for starters?).  Those 'in the know' will sympathise if I also add that I have an unaspected Sun and all my planets crammed into houses 2-6.  Those not 'in the know' will be thinking "OMG, she's several planets short of a full horoscope".  Well, the latter are probably right, but do I care?  No, 'cos I'm a SCORP!

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2005 August 13, 03:26:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ancient Sim
One day we will all communicate via our minds and our mouths will be almost obsolete.
Isn't there a cliched statistic for body language?  Something about most communication being non-verbal?

witch
Yeeess, the mad hanoverians, not an inducement to believe in homeopathy I'm afraid.
The current royal family are Windsors as in Queen Elizabeth Windsor.  I thought that the House of Hanover was another set of royals?  Only know this because my early schooling used 6 houses, (for a points system like in Harry Potter) which including York (white), Windsor (yellow), Stuart (orange), Lancaster (red), Hanover (green) and Tudor (blue).  Just like the choosing hat in HP, you were placed in a house when you joined and never, ever changed!

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2005 August 13, 03:29:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pretty sure Prince Phillip is House of Hanover. Not interested enough to look it up. Tongue

Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2005 August 13, 03:35:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know nothing; doesn't he have German/Austrian roots?  (Sounds like I'm in a hairdressers).

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2005 August 13, 03:46:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

House of Hanover is German I think.

PS Which would mean he probably had blonde roots. Tongue

cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2005 August 13, 08:57:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, most of the european royalty is bred together in one way or another, they have married so many times between the different families, they are all related.

Which makes for some interresting effects when it comes to genetical diseases...

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2005 August 13, 09:07:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The russians had the hemo haema bleeders. There's quite a bit of madness too.

Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2005 August 13, 11:02:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I assumed that the current royals were Windsors because the Queen rules (literally) -  Prince Philip is not king, so the Royal Family are all in the Royal House of Windsor.  The press here refer to them as the Windsors.  I've never heard Queen Elizabeth II referred to as a Hanoverian, until now. 
http://www.debretts.co.uk/royal_connections/hm_queen_elizabeth.html  Queen Elizabeth Alexandra Mary Windsor.

The russians had the hemo haema bleeders. There's quite a bit of madness too.
Prince Philip springs to mind immediately.  When you're that mad, NO-ONE takes your surname!

veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2005 August 13, 15:31:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The german royal house of hanover is very closely linked to the british crown. Queen Victoria was one of them for instance. I found a link for you, I haven't explored the site thoroughly yet though. The hanoveran facial features are however, prominently displayed on many british royal princesses and princes, except, thank goodness, Prince William, who sports his mom's good looks. Just try to imagine the kids charles and camilla would have prodced, they would've topped the hanoverans in spades.

http://www.royalty.nu/Europe/England/Hanover/

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2005 August 13, 18:17:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Posted by: veilchen
The hanoveran facial features are however, prominently displayed on many british royal princesses and princes
Yep, they all look alot like Prince Philip.  My mother told me a while back that he was a (distant) relation of King George's (the Queen's father) - read what you will into distant.  They all look alike (horsey).

Thanks for the link - the Queen and her offspring are Windsors.  What shocked me was realising that the younger royals were all in line for the throne before Princess Anne.  They better hope that William does get to the throne and not one of the others, or the royal family will be officially disbanded during my lifetime!  Talk about champagne charlies.

Just try to imagine the kids charles and camilla would have prodced, they would've topped the hanoverans in spades
Font of royal information - my mother - told me that back in the day there was much speculation that Camilla's eldest son was Prince Charles.  So of course, I went off to search on the internet and did a quick profile check (the artist in me was looking for the littlest similarity), but I have to say that I concluded that he wasis unlikely to be Charles, because he looks alot like Camilla and physical features (eg forehead and lines) were just like his named father - and nothing like Charles'.  A close call though, because Charles is his godfather.

Bane~Child
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2005 August 14, 08:42:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, by the way...Reg, I would like to pre-order screen-shots of your New Orleans vampire district in NL Cheesy

I've got my reference books all sitting here and itchy fingers ready to build, build, build. That is if I can stop playing Legacies and other challenges long enough. Wink

I hope this will also feature an Anne Rice Sim Celebrity(?)  Is this a new neighborhood or a subdistrict of Strangetown?

This is off-topic, Reg, and I don't know if you are still in the Email challenge, but I remember you mentioned the Hydroponic Plants had lower standards for Pee-ability.  Windkeeper has taken these Maxis plants and produced both yard varieties and potted indoor plants and I wondered if they offered the same benefits.  Just thought I'd pass that along - I saw them at TSR.

Love is the Virtue of the Heart
Sincerity, the Virtue of the Mind
Decision, the Virtue of the Will
Courage, the Virtue of the Spirit
The Organic Commandment - 1948, Frank Lloyd Wright
Bane~Child
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2005 August 16, 05:04:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's funny - I was looking at this http://www.snootysims.com/zodiac.php idly on Saturday and figured out that most star signs have two or three star signs that are attracted to them, but only Sagittarius does not repel any other sign.  Just like real life eh?    Grin

SandiLou,

Sorry this is late - but my frame of reference to this is very recent - today in fact.  I take it that you are Sagittarius?  If so, this true of you personally - and I know you through LadyK the Viper KMLough, EA-BBS and from the former VS, now Rentechd.com.  However, being Sagittarius myself, I would have agreed wholeheartedly with you yesterday.  I have always been patient and caring - but too serious by JM's account.  Today, I started out being my usual Sagi-self, trying to help/protect/serve our Modder Guru's but instead of being the Archer, I ended the day as the Target on everyone's hit list over at Retardo.  So, is there anything to indicate your Astrological disposition, if you are born on certain days as opposed to others - in other words are there better days to be born on?  I suppose it is possible that the stars were not aligned in my favor today - but again I am not really into Astrology that deeply - I know my sign and that's about it.  I wonder if the Chinese New Year signs have any influence here - SIMply speaking that is.

Bane~Child
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2005 August 16, 05:11:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* the number twelve holds great significance

Does it count if the numbers significant to you add up to 12?  Because mine are 2, 3, & 7.  Other than this technicality, I'm good to go!

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2005 August 16, 05:33:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, most of the european royalty is bred together in one way or another, they have married so many times between the different families, they are all related.

Which makes for some interresting effects when it comes to genetical diseases...
And this is why I take immense satisfaction in the fact that I have absolutely no royalty in my family tree, unless you count barbarian chieftains as royalty. I am solidly a peasant and barbarian. It makes me short, brutish, and nasty, and makes my disposition likewise.

And that should add Ophiuchus as one of the signs.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

Fook me, it took long enough to get a title!

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2005 August 16, 11:00:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, have to say something here.  While I agree that there are a lot of charlatans around professing to be able to predict the future and the rest of it, this is not true of all psychics or whatever you want to call them.  I have been reading the tarot for over 30 years and I do NOT use cold-reading.  I know what it is and I know how it works, but I don't use it because I don't need to.  I am also a trained medium and between the two I don't need any extra help, thanks all the same.  

Oh, and if you're not like your sun-sign, that's fine.  Most people are far more like their rising-signs anyway.  I am Virgo rising and I am typical of it, or rather the more negative aspects of it (how about nit-picking, critical and pedantic for starters?).  Those 'in the know' will sympathise if I also add that I have an unaspected Sun and all my planets crammed into houses 2-6.  Those not 'in the know' will be thinking "OMG, she's several planets short of a full horoscope".  Well, the latter are probably right, but do I care?  No, 'cos I'm a SCORP!

Couldn't have said it better myself. There's no way I would cold read as it serves no purpose other than to piss people off. Plus, you rarely get to the gist of what is going on in the life of your punter, and that is what they want to know about.

A Scorp with Virgo traits and all your planets squashed into two houses...! My, that's a bit of a bugger aint it?  Lips sealed

Meh...
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2005 August 16, 12:28:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder how reliable palmists are if you only send them a scan of your palm through email?  Grin Tongue Roll Eyes

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2005 August 16, 13:55:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I imagine it would depend on the quality of the scan!  Surely, if you are reading the lines on a palm, the presence or absence of the palm's owner should make little difference, but since they also read the bumps and hollows in your palm, they would probably miss a lot as a scan would not show these clearly!

Zephyr Zodiac
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2005 August 16, 23:20:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At least it's not binary. Maxis does seem to grok the idea that sexuality is a range rather than a "gay/straight/bi" choice.

I grok it quite well.  Nice Heinlein reference.   Smiley

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2005 August 17, 16:19:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SandiLou,

Sorry this is late - but my frame of reference to this is very recent - today in fact. I take it that you are Sagittarius? If so, this true of you personally - and I know you through LadyK the Viper KMLough, EA-BBS and from the former VS, now Rentechd.com. However, being Sagittarius myself, I would have agreed wholeheartedly with you yesterday. I have always been patient and caring - but too serious by JM's account. Today, I started out being my usual Sagi-self, trying to help/protect/serve our Modder Guru's but instead of being the Archer, I ended the day as the Target on everyone's hit list over at Retardo. So, is there anything to indicate your Astrological disposition, if you are born on certain days as opposed to others - in other words are there better days to be born on? I suppose it is possible that the stars were not aligned in my favor today - but again I am not really into Astrology that deeply - I know my sign and that's about it. I wonder if the Chinese New Year signs have any influence here - SIMply speaking that is.

Banechild I've only just seen this, so sorry for the slow response.   Ignore what's happening in Retardo Land, I do; it's usually full of people trying to prove how clever they are. I used to enjoy the Idiot Thread over at Variousimmers, but here it's taken on a different flavour.  The point of the thread originally was to find 'an idiot thread' and then add something witty to it.  Now its just point and feel superior without being funny. But I don't read it very often, so I could be wrong.  I tend to stick to reading what's in The Podium and in The War Room as my main reason for visiting here is to keep up with JM's updates and to see what other simmers have discovered. 

Yep, I was a Sagg until JM pointed out the new star sign.  That does match my personality more than Sagg ever did -  Saggi's traditionally love sport and animals; I've always been happy to lead teams as captain, but I hate pointless exercise.  I do live with two cats and a not so small puppy (he's taking me for walks now).  To be fair though, animals are drawn to me.  I do speak my mind - tact is not a strength with me, but over the years I have tried to learn to be more diplomatic.  No evidence of that here though!

Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2005 August 17, 18:14:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparantly I'm not a Sag anymore-which is ok, the new sign is actually more like me anyways.  Well, back to the subject, I have the romance mods and the interactions work great.  I was having to change the townies to be all romance-except for the ones I wanted to use.  Because they would only hook up with the first romance sim they came in contact with(Townies I use as romance fodder).  But I found if I take control of them and have them make the moves,then they will have many lovers no matter what their aspirations are.  But one thing baffles me, Don L. has a large sexual preference(female+856/male-1057)yet,I unknowingly unleashed an anamorous Professor on Pleasantville,and he flirted with Don and he fell in love with him and they started making out?HuhHuhHuh
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: