More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 21:19:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Sexual Preference Not Changed By Woo-Hooing?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sexual Preference Not Changed By Woo-Hooing?  (Read 81606 times)
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Sexual Preference Not Changed By Woo-Hooing?
« on: 2005 August 05, 12:30:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have just discovered (as a result of reading all about Lizzlove's forthcoming autonomous woo-hoo bed), that when a Sim woo-hoos, it apparently doesn't alter their sexual preference one iota, only flirting and so on does that.  I have suspected for some time that this is the case, having noticed when checking that nothing seems to alter after woo-hooing.  Is this yet another mistake, or is there a reason for it?  ... Have just done a quick check with a 1000/1000 Sim and after kissing, making-out and woo-hooing with a member of the opposite sex, his preferences only changed to 1007/904.  Only a measly seven points for those three things?  No wonder they never make autonomous advances. 
« Last Edit: 2005 August 05, 12:57:51 by Ancient Sim » Logged

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Sexual Preference Not Changed By Woo-Hooing?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 August 05, 13:37:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not only that, but that too: I played with Bella Goth in Strangetown, mating her to some romance sim too. As she wanted 20 lovers, I let her woohoo with a female, and was surprized to see the disgust  on her face. It was terrible disgust, as she was going to puke. From then on I gave her to woohoo only with men...Smiley.
LK
Terrible Twerp

Humanity can suck my hard drive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 August 05, 14:37:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's funny, and yet kind of interesting, as I doubt that's how it works in the real world. 

Oh, and you got BELLA???  Where?  Did you use boolProp?  Is it the REAL Bella??  I'll give you BENES!!  [/BBS sarcasm]

http://www.thesporum.net
The First, The Original, The Best
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 August 05, 14:39:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bella in Strangetown is just a townie. She'll pop up after a while, but is not the real Bella.

The real Bella is a disabled townie in Pleasantview. You'll have to remove her dead token with SimPE for her to show up, but since she lacks any family relationships or memories it isn't worth it, in my opinion.
LK
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 August 05, 14:47:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, yes, yes, yes, I know.  It was sarcasm.  About the BBS.  Thus the little "[/BBS sarcasm]" thingy.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 August 05, 15:27:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think if they have a same sex affair as teens, it affects sexual preference in adulthood, and vice versa.  I have one YA who has been in love with the same female sim since they were teens (he's Romance, she's Family) and although he made best friends with membes of my Gay Male Greek House, whenever they've tried to flirt with him he's repulsed them immediately.  His friend, who with both their girlfriends, also shares his house, has a more open view of life (he's Popularity) and tried to flirt with him and was immediately pushed away.  When I checked Dorian in SimPE, he was only around the middle of the bar for both, slightly above for hetero, exactly in the middle for homo, but his preferences were obviously much stronger than that!

Zephyr Zodiac
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 August 05, 15:50:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's funny, and yet kind of interesting, as I doubt that's how it works in the real world.

Oh, and you got BELLA??? Where? Did you use boolProp? Is it the REAL Bella?? I'll give you BENES!! [/BBS sarcasm]

I think that in the real world can be shown the same reaction.

LOL, give me all the benes you have - I need them...for nothing...Smiley.

By the way, I revived the real Bella too, in Pleasantview, with the SimPe and Insimenator.

Now I remeber - I mated Strangetown Bella to Abhijeet Cho, one of my favorite townies. I moved the both to Olive's house, and then they found their own place, married, payed a lot of aspiration points, and made 2 kids (romance too).

I was astonished by  one thing: after one of them cheated on the spouse, immediately showed wishes to kiss/flirt/appreciate the spouse.

It was as if they couldn't control the way they were programmed, and tried to "override" it. It was huge love between the two. Slowly Abhijeet stopped the cheating wishes, and Bella too, and concentrated in their kids. I laughed a lot playing them.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 August 05, 15:58:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think there is a point in the relationship where, if you keep their aspirations high, then most of their wants revolve around the spouse and family, although they do still get the occasional Woohoo with 3 different sims etc. want. 

Zephyr Zodiac
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2005 August 05, 17:26:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think twojeffs discovered this when he was working on his Casual Woohoo/Romance hack. I think, at least for his hack, he fixed it so that Woohoo would have the proper effect on orientation.

And I don't know if Pescado's Romance hack fixes it for regular Woohoo, but it would be nice if it did. If does already, that's neat. If it doesn't and this is something that can be added, that would be great, however, I don't know if that means it would then cause conflicts with other Woohoo related hacks.

Ste

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 August 05, 17:31:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you have to be careful which ones you install, though I think Peacado's and TwoJeffs are normally compatible.

Zephyr Zodiac
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 August 05, 17:50:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They are, since Twojeffs' Casual Romance mod uses completely new interactions, and doesn't affect or call the normal interactions at all.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2005 August 05, 17:53:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you have to be careful which ones you install, though I think Peacado's and TwoJeffs are normally compatible.

Oh they definately are compatible. I have both Pescado's romancemod and twojeffs' Casual Woohoo, as well as JenFlower's Teen Woohoo hack, and they all work fine. So this means one of two things:

a) Pescado's hack corrects the issue of Woohoo affectiong orientation, and I have no problems.
b) Pescado's hack does not correct the issue, and I have no technical problems, just that crappy Maxian logic fails yet again. Tongue

I haven't noticed this however, since my simself is definately very gay orientated, but that is most likely because of all the gay flirts, hugs, and kiss interactions that have built up over time rather than the Woohoos. Which to me seems ludicrious because I would think that, if anything, Woohoo might have a more powerful impact or influence on sexual orientation.  Roll Eyes  I mean, it does make sense that, who you have sex with would most likely affect who you enjoy or prefer to have sex with.

I guess... on the one hand, if you think about it, maybe you can interpret as Maxian philosophy or political views in that they don't regard the actual act of Sex as something that is relevant to orientation. In a way, it almost seems to say that who you have sex with shouldn't matter or necessarily affect who you are as a person. That almost seems noble. On the other hand... it could also be seen as a total disregard of the emotions involved with sex, which seems more likely considering their take on Romance, where such Aspirations lead to wanting 20 plus lovers rather than a lovingly, fulfilling, monogamous committed relationship. A truly romantic sim, at least in my eyes, would be just as interested in say having a long lasting relationship that reaches its "Golden Years" as much as a Family sim would. And being a Family sim, to me, doesn't necessarily equate to Romance. You could just love having kids and raising a family, and not necessarily be romantic towards your spouse/mate. And you can be very romantic without necessarily wanting to have kids or a family.

So, in a way, it could just fall along the lines of Maxiam Romance translating into slutty slutty whoriness. Again, it doesn't matter who you sleep with, the gender of your partner shouldn't affect your orientation because then that would only result in limiting your partners, which according to Maxian logic would be detrimental to the desires of a Romance sim.

Plus, we all know that Maxian logic don't make no sense anyways, so says Pescado. Cheesy

Ste

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 August 05, 18:08:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think they definitely overdid the sluttishness of Romance sims (and for that matter, Family sims, who are forever to be seen walking past Romance Sims houses, coming home with them from work, and generally trying to break up both their own relationship and the Romance sim''s relationship!)  I think I've said this before, but an LTW for Romance Sims such as Stay Faithful till Death do us part! would be a good one for them to aim for!

Zephyr Zodiac
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 August 05, 18:22:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find myself agreeing with you in every thread today ZZ :D

Maxis' idea of romance is most certainly not my idea of romance, since sex is a romantic fringe benefit ;) but not the romance at its core. Their fambly sims are a joke as well, since romance and knowledge sims make the best parents.

Makes me wonder what is going to be the new ep's take on romance, friendship, family etc. Although I will not buy it before JM has had a look at it, I will nevertheless eagerly read everybody else's reports.

Oh, by the way...Reg, I would like to pre-order screen-shots of your New Orleans vampire district in NL :D

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2005 August 05, 18:35:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After having done some testing, it would appear Make-Out doesn't affect orientation, either.  So, the more sexual the content, the less it affects sexual orientation.  Now that makes a LOT of sense!  I think I am going to adjust all this in SimPE, at least in terms of the ones who've not had the casual sex via TwoJeffs' mod.  Yet again, I am mystified by Maxian logic ...

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 August 05, 18:45:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, by the way...Reg, I would like to pre-order screen-shots of your New Orleans vampire district in NL Cheesy

I've got my reference books all sitting here and itchy fingers ready to build, build, build. That is if I can stop playing Legacies and other challenges long enough. Wink
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 August 05, 19:29:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ancient, if you declared that you fully understood Maxian logic I would send for a priest, or for the Vicar of Dibley at least. Not understanding maxian logic proves your basic sanity, don't you know?

Reg, now you have me thinking... a vampire challenge? With stories? Set in NO?  Now I can't wait for you to get the ep either :D

G.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 August 05, 21:28:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Vicar of Dibley certainly has a large parish!   And it's nice to know someone agrees with me!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 August 05, 21:59:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After having done some testing, it would appear Make-Out doesn't affect orientation, either.  So, the more sexual the content, the less it affects sexual orientation.  Now that makes a LOT of sense!  I think I am going to adjust all this in SimPE, at least in terms of the ones who've not had the casual sex via TwoJeffs' mod.  Yet again, I am mystified by Maxian logic ...
Was this a freestanding make-out or a bed-assisted one? Most furniture-assisted interactions function very differently from standard sim-to-sim socials internally.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 August 05, 22:50:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I've mentioned before, I have a Greek House which originally housed 4 male Romance sims, all of whom were having relationships with each other.  Keanu Broke, the founder of the house, has now moved back to Pleasantview, leaving three, and when I checked there orientation in SimPE, I found two of them were much more inclined towards their own sex than the third, yet none of them have, in fact, had relations of anything more than friendship with the opposite sex!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2005 August 05, 23:32:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Was this a freestanding make-out or a bed-assisted one? Most furniture-assisted interactions function very differently from standard sim-to-sim socials internally.
It was in bed, prior to woo-hooing, between two in-love Sims.  I have since tried it with TwoJeffs Casual WooHoo mod - Romance female had her way with non-Romance male best friend.  He had previously done a public woo-hoo with another female Romance Sim he was in love with and was still 0/0 after it.  After doing the casual woo-hoo (with kiss, make-out and woo-hoo) he was only on 3/3.  I am going to do some serious adjustments and give them all 10 for woo-hoos and 6 for make-outs or something.  I want to see if the extra points prompts spontaneous flirting and what-have-you.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 August 05, 23:34:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you mean spontaneous flirting with sims they aren't as yet in love with?

Zephyr Zodiac
LK
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2005 August 05, 23:53:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, but I really like that term, "spontaneous flirting."  It sounds like a good name for a band, or something.

OK, carry on with your conversation.

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2005 August 06, 02:01:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you mean spontaneous flirting with sims they aren't as yet in love with?
Yes, in a word.  I am sick of playing matchmaker, I want them to choose their own partners (independent of handhelds, fingerprint scanners, cheerings-up and other such anomalies).  So far it just ain't happening.  I am now in the process of changing sexual orientation (dramatically in some cases) to allow for woo-hoos, make-outs, falling in loves (they don't even get any orientation change for that), to see if it makes any difference.  I have my doubts, though.  I reckon there are 'hidden things afoot' somewhere. 

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 August 06, 03:24:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had two sims autonomously develop crushes on each other a long time ago. It's the only time it's ever happened, as far as I know. They were both family sims. Jennie was married, but she had caught her romance sim hubby cheating with the maid, so her points toward him dropped significantly. Gary was single (and had gotten left at the alter a couple of days before. That was my fault; at the arch, the dialogue box popped up asking how many sims were moving in with her. I guess I missed the part where it said "0 sims possible". Not thinking about it, I selected her younger brother, which would have made 9 sims total in the household. Doh! She couldn't marry him.) Anyway, Gary was also the brother of Jennie's husband and they all lived in the same house. Joe, the husband, was bathing his toddler son across the house and that's where my attention was focused at the time. Meanwhile, Jennie and Gary (who had recently gotten best friend status with each other) were in the kitchen "chatting". I heard the harps play and I found that Jennie had lept into Gary's arms. I certainly did not tell her to do that! But, as it turns out, Joe eventually broke up with Jennie and married another romance sim (this was around the time the Romance Mod was first released, and I wanted to test it out by giving them an open relationship), and Gary and Jennie are now happily married.  Awwww, so romantic.  Roll Eyes
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: