More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 18:29:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Sexual Preference Not Changed By Woo-Hooing?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sexual Preference Not Changed By Woo-Hooing?  (Read 81376 times)
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
Re: Sexual Preference Not Changed By Woo-Hooing?
« Reply #150 on: 2005 August 17, 18:33:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The thing about the caress flirting option.  It is VERY dangerous flirt.  I have had a spouse who had a 100/100 relationship with their spouse reject it.  The sim has to be in a good mood and it shouldn't ever be a first romantic interaction.  I save it for after a string of romantic interactions.  I guess,if you think about it, you have to be "in the mood" to appreciate someone touching your face.  It is a very intimate interaction.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2005 August 17, 18:38:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A lot of very outgoing Romance sims turn their noses up at it all the time, but love to serenade!  Mine do that spontaneously whenever they get the chance!

Zephyr Zodiac
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2005 August 18, 01:04:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...I used to enjoy the Idiot Thread over at Variousimmers, but here it's taken on a different flavour.  The point of the thread originally was to find 'an idiot thread' and then add something witty to it.  Now its just point and feel superior without being funny. But I don't read it very often...I tend to stick to reading what's in The Podium and in The War Room as my main reason for visiting here is to keep up with JM's updates and to see what other simmers have discovered. ...
One big fat hearty second to that! I find it incredibly funny that the above-mentioned forum participants have self-selected the appropriate forum.  Grin

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2005 August 18, 01:59:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Retardo Land forum is exactly that, an off-topic forum akin to the War Zone at MTS2. It is barely moderated, just let them run with it. We have a lot of threads going off-topic in the Podium as well, but this isn't a strict and prohibiting site, and if you want a censored site this is not the place to be.

Threads without purpose that have no business in the podium get moved to Retardo Land, and to quote JM: "so they can make fun of it and poke it with sticks." It states right in the RTFM that this particular forum is for 'assorted silliness.'

That's the beauty of a split site like this, if you don't like it, don't go there. I happen to like those kids; granted, they do occasionally go overboard, but everytime this has been politely or in a light-hearted manner been objected to, they stopped and apologized; no harm, no foul. This way of co-existence should be continued, it worked up until recently, and there is no reason why it should not continue to work.

Whatever you might think of Retardo Land, it serves its purpose.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Kitiara
Lipless Loser

boolprop IQTestingEnabledTrue

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2005 August 18, 02:25:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hear, hear Veilchen. Well said.

I am not always in the mood for Retardo Land, But when I am, I greatly appreciate that it is there. Just as I appreciate that I don't Have to go there, when not in the mood.

It's not for everyone, but has its purpose.
'Nuff said.

I would like to ease the minds of anyone that thinks that I am ignoring them. You are not paranoid.
I am not normal. I have never met a normal person. I disbelieve in such mythical creatures.
clem
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2005 August 18, 05:48:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Posted by: veilchen
The hanoveran facial features are however, prominently displayed on many british royal princesses and princes
Yep, they all look alot like Prince Philip.  My mother told me a while back that he was a (distant) relation of King George's (the Queen's father) - read what you will into distant.  They all look alike (horsey).

Yep, the Queen and Prince Phllip are distant cousins--looks like Queen Victoria is great-great grandmother to them both. Check out this link (it is a .pdf, though, for those with slower computers).
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

Fook me, it took long enough to get a title!

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2005 August 18, 10:07:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The inbreeding in the royal families of Europe is something to behold, and something to make certain you try to avoid unless you're attracted to horses, flippers and wing-nuts (the ears, oh lord, the ears!). Anyone taken a long hard look at Camilla, the latest wife in the Windsor stable, and I do use that word advisedly? Still, Charlie loves her and they seem suited, if somewhat odd.

Am glad they're past the breeding stage however, as  they're prob cousins somewhere down the line...

Meh...
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2005 August 18, 15:19:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The British royals and the top aristocrats are certainly very much tied together through intermarriage and morganatic marriages (the Prince Regent and his brothers!), so if they marry within that very closed group it's lucky if they don't meet somewhere not too far back on the family tree!  Did you know that even George Bush is related somewhere in the past to our Royals?  (I believe it was the "wrong side of the blanket", and how many people in the world are there who can claim that, I wonder?  One thing you can say about them, they're prolific breeders!)

Zephyr Zodiac
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2005 August 18, 15:47:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sure of that ZZ. History tells us the high-handedness and ruthlessness of the feudal lords (and quite a few ladies. I wonder how many were born on the right side of the blanket, even though they had no blood-ties to their mothers' husbands :D). I believe in those days it was quite 'normal' for the lord of the manor, or his sons, to rape and impregnate a pretty peasant woman -without fear of reprisal-.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: 2005 August 18, 17:19:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe in those days it was quite 'normal' for the lord of the manor, or his sons, to rape and impregnate a pretty peasant woman -without fear of reprisal-.
Very common.  My mother recently found out that her maternal grandmother wasn't her great-grandfather's daughter at all, but the daughter of the Lord of the Manor, who had taken advantage of my gt. grandmother when she was in service with his family.  Oddly enough, I am also descended from the aristocracy on my father's side (long story, very romantic & sad, involving true love & disowned offspring, resulting in no descendants inheriting any of the millions my gt.gt.gt. grandfather died possessing in the 1800's, they went to the state instead).  What is weird is that ever since I was a baby, I've expected to be waited on hand & foot.  I never even crawled, just pointed to what I wanted and told someone to get it for me.  Everyone in the family used to joke about me needing servants.  I still don't feel it's right that I should lift a finger.  Then again, I am incredibly lazy.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2005 August 18, 17:54:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm afraid among some upper-class males "droit de seigneur" still hasn't really died out, they still think it's okay if the girl isn't of their own class!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2005 August 19, 01:22:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you know that even George Bush is related somewhere in the past to our Royals?  (I believe it was the "wrong side of the blanket", and how many people in the world are there who can claim that, I wonder?  One thing you can say about them, they're prolific breeders!)
Well, that certainly explains a lot. And this is why I am ever thankful I don't have any of that on me.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2005 August 19, 01:36:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you sure?

Zephyr Zodiac
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2005 August 19, 15:31:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm afraid among some upper-class males "droit de seigneur" still hasn't really died out, they still think it's okay if the girl isn't of their own class!

Heh. Nice to see some old customs never bite the dust. Wasn't that quaint custom started by the Normans (oh to apostophise or not???) after the invasion of 1066 so they could a)outbreed the Saxons b)make certain they got all the land and was practised regularly to make certain the Lord of the Land had as many bastards as possible to keep any legitimate sons in check? An interesting political strategy, would you not agree?
« Last Edit: 2005 August 23, 15:45:13 by laeshanin » Logged

Meh...
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2005 August 19, 17:21:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It may have started out as a political strategy, and was no doubt extremely successful, but rather past its sell-by date, I think!

Zephyr Zodiac
knitro
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2005 August 22, 23:05:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have changed from a Scorpio, which i loved, to a Libra, which was my rising sign before; whatever that entails, so i wonder if this means our rising signs change also?

"Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries!"
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2005 August 31, 04:20:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's some possibility of my family being descendants of some of the Normans who came over with William the Conquerer, (Who were, in turn, descendants of Vikings, according to family legend.) but the furthest back records we have are from the 1500s in London about some guy named Ig. Or something. My grandfather and uncle are into genealogy. That far back, though, most people are related to some sort of famous or royal person.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2005 August 31, 05:55:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well there weren't that many people to begin with and if firstborn serfs were mostly the Lord of the Manor's offspring then they'd be bound to have high-up relations!

Zephyr Zodiac
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2005 August 31, 07:13:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's translation for, "I have no idea what to say that would sound even remotely plausible.". I mean, I had a free reading tell me that I would likely die horribly and messily. Gee, tell me something I don't know.

I used to read tarot over the phone for extra money (excellent job if you are pregant, because you can do it from bed), and I found you can't go wrong with "your boy/girlfriend's ex is very controlling".

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2005 August 31, 12:47:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, that makes sense - but what if they then tell you they have no boy/girlfriend?

Zephyr Zodiac
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2005 August 31, 17:56:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, that makes sense - but what if they then tell you they have no boy/girlfriend?

I would usually have established that they want to talk about their relationship - almost everyone who calls wants to do that. But if it isn't, well, then you say, "I see that is could be a woman/man in a position of influence in your life who is very controlling; it could be a boss, or possibly a family member." Which covers almost every other possibility. I mean, most people have a person in their life who bugs the hell out of them, and it's nice to attribute that to the person being bad (which is how they interpret "controlling"). People who call want to talk, mostly, and if you sound totally sympathetic, no matter how much of a jerk you think they are, then they will think you are psychic.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2005 August 31, 18:10:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I suppose most people who would use a phone for psychic help must be pretty desperate, and you are fulfilling their need to talk about what is bugging them, and that's all that matters, I guess.  A friend of a friend was left alone with four kids.  She made ends meet by working on a Sex Line, actually thought it was absolutely hilarious what these guys would fall for!  I mean, there she'd be in the middle of peeling spuds for dinner, phone rings, some guy wants to know what she's wearing, so she describes some seductive undies, then he wants to know what she's doing - well, naturally, she doesn't mention the spuds!  But after a few minutes, he rings off and presumably goes away feeling better than when he rang up!

Zephyr Zodiac
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2005 August 31, 19:16:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Must admit that it's really tempting work for a woman on her own, the sex line, and it earns you a few quid. During periods of having absolutely no money at all it was something I considered finding out about, but wussed at the last minute.

Rohina: May I ask if you would consider yourself genuine or not? I tend to agree that there are indeed some sad buggers out there who just need to interact with someone, but to behave as you did seems a little harsh. After all, if there's nowt to say, then don't say anything and tell 'em they're wasting their hardearned. Just my view, is all.
« Last Edit: 2005 August 31, 23:31:19 by laeshanin » Logged

Meh...
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2005 September 01, 01:23:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you could say the same for car salesmen, double glazing salesman etc......At least the person phoning for a tarot reading has taken the initiative.  The householder does not ask the window salesman to knock at their door, usually very loudly, just as people have got in from work and are having their tea!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: 2005 September 01, 01:33:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's some possibility of my family being descendants of some of the Normans who came over with William the Conquerer,
We could be related!  We have traced our family on my father's side back to William.  Our surname is the same as a small village in Germany (named after the fact that its residents had red hair), from where William removed all the able-bodied men and brought them over here.  Those who were left (from my family) settled in Norfolk and their descendants now own a chain of stores in Norfolk, Suffolk & Essex.  Everyone in the country with my surname is related somewhere along the line. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: