Greater LTW Variety & Sanity

(1/11) > >>

J. M. Pescado:
Makes LTW, especially for careers, appropriate to the sim: A sim who has absolutely no interest in Crime is not suddenly going to want to become a Criminal. All career LTWs now have certain prerequisite interest and/or personality levels that must be met, or that career will never appear for the sim. The results should be fairly intuitive(Athletes like sports, Mayors like politics, Chefs like food, etc.). Careers are also not hard-locked to aspiration, and so Family sims should have greater variety in LTWs now: A sim's career want can cross aspirational boundaries if he has a relative who is at the top of the career track to emulate as a family tradition (I.E., all members of the Grunt family of appropriate interest may decide they'd like to join the military, regardless of aspiration). Because elders cannot normally take regular careers, once a sim is an elder, he will no longer roll career wants (other than his present career, if not maxed). A CAS elder will thus not be stuck with an impossible want. Similarly, "crazy" wants like "Marry off a million children", "Have a million grandchildren", "Graduate a million children from college", all carry sanity checks as well: An elder (female) will not be able to roll new children LTWs unless she already *HAS* the required number of children (since it would be impossible to get more!). Elder males can still have more children and are not limited in this way. However, a sanity check is also added for aging neighborhoods: If your neighborhood is already overpopulated, some of these will no longer appear because satisfying them would render your game unplayable and/or destroy your neighborhood files in a Big Fiery Ball That Is Visible From Space.

NL+: ltwvariety.zip
UNI: ltwvariety.zip

RTFM:
Greater LTW Variety & Sanity (v1b) for TS2NL p0 - TS2OFB p0
Made by: Flying Fish Systems (J. M. Pescado & Doctor Boris)

Special Thanks To:
Fairlight the Bitch

Congratulations to: Draklixa!

INSTRUCTIONS:
Place in your MYDOCU~1\EAGAME~1\THESIM~1\DOWNLO~1 directory.

FEATURES:
Lifetime wants for careers are no longer strictly aspirationally correlated,
and will instead vary by appropriate interests and personality. Career-wants
for varying careers may appear outside of aspirational boundaries due to
family influence, and sim personalities will match desired occupation. Crazier
lifetime wants (Marry Off 6 Children, Have 6 Grandchildren) will disappear in
neighborhoods of advanced age and therefore population to slow down Armageddon.

COMPATIBILITY:
Compatible with all FFS Hacks. For TS2NL - TS2PETSp0

SIDE EFFECTS:
May cause computer damage, incontinence, explosion of user's head, coma, death,
and/or halitosis.

WARNING:
Do not open, crush, dispose of in fire, put in backwards, short-circuit, or mix
with non-awesome hacks - may explode, leak, or catch fire, resulting in injury
and/or death.

Magicmoon:
Besides aspiration, what other traits normally affect LTW?

I was trying to give a Sim the 'Adventure Career Want' by cycling with the Lot Debugger because he had a high interest in Travel. But it wouldn't show up. After messing around for awhile, it looks like the Sim must be active to get this LTW. Am I right? If so, are there any other LTW's that have these types of limits on them?

J. M. Pescado:
Okay, here's the definitive prerequisites of all the LTWs. Sims must meet the prerequisites at the time you roll for the LTW:

General LTWs: No Repeats
Golden Anniversary: Asp==Family AND !Elder AND !Zombie AND !Robot AND !Vampire
Graduate Children: !Robot AND ( Asp==Family OR ( Asp==Knowledge AND NKids >= 3 ) ) AND ( !ElderFemale OR NKids >= 3 )
Grandchildren: !Robot AND Asp==Family AND TotalNeighborhoodLinkedPopulation < 400
Marry Off Children: !Robot AND Asp==Family AND ( NChildren >= 6 OR ( TotalNeighborhoodLinkedPopulation < 250 AND !ElderFemale ) )
Own Businesses: Asp == (Fortune OR Popularity)
Puppy/Kittens: Asp==Family AND Animals >= 800
Pet Friends: Asp==Popularity AND Animals >= 800
Pet Careers: Asp==Fortune AND Animals >= 800

Career LTWs: CareerSpecific() AND !MaxedInThisCareer AND !Elder
Celebrity Chef: Asp(Family|Popularity|Romance|Pleasure) AND Food > 700
Party Guest: Asp(Romance|Pleasure) AND Playful >= 300 AND Outgoing >= 300 AND Entertainment >= 400 AND Fashion >= 400
Cult Leader: Asp(Popularity|Knowledge) AND Paranormal >= 700
Ecological Guru : Asp(Knowledge) AND Environment >= 700
Entertainment*: Asp(Popularity|Fortune) AND Outgoing >= 300 Entertainment >= 700 AND Culture >= 400
General: Asp(Popularity) AND Nice <= 500 AND Outgoing >= 300
Mad Scientist: Asp(Knowledge) AND Paranormal >= 400 AND SciFi >= 400
Hall of Famer: Asp(Romance|Fortune|Popularity) AND Active > 500 AND Outgoing >= 300 AND Sports >= 700
Chief of Staff: Asp(Family|Fortune|Knowledge) AND Nice > 100 AND Health >= 700
Icon: Asp(Popularity|Pleasure|Romance) AND Outgoing >= 300 Entertainment >= 700 AND Culture >= 400
Mayor: Asp(Family|Popularity) AND Outgoing >= 500 AND Politics >= 700
Superhero: Asp(Family|Popularity) AND Nice >= 100 AND Crime >= 500 AND No Liked Criminal Family
Criminal: Asp(Fortune|Knowledge) AND Nice < 500 AND Crime >= 700 AND No Liked Police Family
Tycoon: Asp(Fortune) AND Money >= 700 AND Work >= 400
Visionary: Asp(Romance|Popularity) AND Culture >= 500
Adventurer: Asp(Fortune|Knowledge) AND Outgoing >= 500 AND Travel >= 700
Edumacation: Asp(Family|Knowledge) AND School >= 700
GameDev*: Asp(Knowledge|Fortune) AND Playful >= 500 AND Entertainment >= 500
Gamer: Asp(Knowledge|Pleasure) AND Playful >= 500 AND Entertainment >= 500
Journalism: Asp(Popularity|Knowledge) AND Outgoing >= 200
Lawyer: Asp(Fortune|Popularity) AND Politics >= 400 AND Money >= 400 AND Crime >= 400 AND Work >= 400
Music: Asp(Romance|Popularity|Pleasure) AND Playful >= 500 AND Outgoing >= 500 AND Culture >= 400 AND Entertainment >= 700
*: requires LS career conversions to appear

kutto:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the way that I read that, it looks to me like all of the child-related wants require you to have children before the want will even show up. Doesn't that sort of defeat the purpose?

J. M. Pescado:
Quote from: kutto on 2007 May 27, 16:26:15

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the way that I read that, it looks to me like all of the child-related wants require you to have children before the want will even show up. Doesn't that sort of defeat the purpose?
No, you're misreading it. The wants will show up for sims of appropriate aspiration, as long as they are of proper age to produce more children, OR if they already have the children. Female elders without the requisite number of children, however, will not roll those as new or CAS LTWs, since they can't do that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page