More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 01:03:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  freebies from the literate sim
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: freebies from the literate sim  (Read 23621 times)
simliterati
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: freebies from the literate sim
« Reply #25 on: 2006 January 25, 15:11:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*cough* fun house? with clown face? *cough* Ahem.

*runs & hides behind jen and sara!*  Grin
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 February 10, 17:33:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I'd like to add my thanks for the floors, and I have no complaints.  I always use the multi-installer anyway, when necessary, so it makes no difference to me whether it's one sims2Pack or 50! 

Although it's nice when files do come in package form, it isn't, in my book, a requirement!  And it's a case really of, if you don't like it, too bad!  Let's face it, though, if you want the files badly enough, you'll make the effort to unpack them!

Zephyr Zodiac
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2006 April 04, 07:02:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reading this thread has brought to mind a question, and I'm not sure if this is a good place for it or not, but does anyone but me have trouble extracting sims2pack files into the game with the in-game extractor since OFB?  I'd forgotten I hadn't re-installed Clean Installer and tried to add some walls and floors and if they went into the game I don't know where because they didn't go into the Downloads directory.  Very bizarre!

Having said that, I make a few of my own walls and floors and since I like to re-name them myself after they're created, I keep an Explorer open to the Downloads folder, make a few of them writing down which stuff I just made, then close HomeCrafter and re-name the files in the Downloads directory accordingly, then move them over into the directory where I keep my stuff.  And let me tell you, it's a pain in the wazoo!

I think it's actually EASIER for me to install floors and walls I download one at a time using Clean Installer, then renaming them before moving them into their respective folders.

I used to do those handy-dandy multi-installer tools but I won't anymore.  I ended up with such a jumbled mess of junk in my game and if something wasn't showing or not working properly the only way to get rid of it was in-game.  Now at least I know where everything is, even if it takes a few minutes to arrange it, and when something goes haywire it's simple to find and delete (thanks to JadeElliot for recommending a good system a while back).  I've also found it doesn't take hardly any more time to extract the files as I'm downloading them (like while waiting on other files to download or pages to load) one at a time than it did to wait until I had a mess of them and install with one of the tools.

Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 April 10, 14:32:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reading this thread has brought to mind a question, and I'm not sure if this is a good place for it or not, but does anyone but me have trouble extracting sims2pack files into the game with the in-game extractor since OFB?  I'd forgotten I hadn't re-installed Clean Installer and tried to add some walls and floors and if they went into the game I don't know where because they didn't go into the Downloads directory.  Very bizarre!

I can't believe you're still using it. Re-install clean installer already!

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 May 26, 20:44:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always prefer the multi-installer for walls and floors.  I keep copies of the shortcut in every folder in my new downloads folder!  (They end up there anyway because for some reason, since I moved everything onto my second hard drive, I can't move anything with the mouse, except within folders,  only copy!  Everything I want to physically move has to be done through windows...a pain, but there it is!)Anyway, whenever I get a new batch of sims2Pack files, I make a folder for the set and chuck them all inside with the multi-installer and let it rip!  Takes about a minute no matter how many wall and floors there are.  Then I copy the folder to my walls and floors folder in the game, slip in any pics of the set, and send it all into storage in my saved downloads.  And with the multi installer, no ridiculous long file-names to irritate me.

As someone who is hopeless at creating, all I can say is a great big thank you to those who can, and do, and are willing to share their work. 

THANK YOU!

Zephyr Zodiac
HelloKit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 2006 May 27, 01:11:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

for some reason, since I moved everything onto my second hard drive, I can't move anything with the mouse, except within folders,  only copy!

That's because when dragging files from one drive to another, the default action is to copy. When dragging between different folders on the same drive, the default is to move. You can override the default by dragging with the right mouse button instead of the left - when you let go, a menu will pop up with the options to Copy Here, Move Here, or Cancel. Or, ctrl+drag (left button) to force a copy, and shift+drag to force a move.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 May 27, 13:42:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think someone did explain it to me once before, but thank for clarifiying what happens, and it makes sense really since they are two separate drives.  I'll try and remember next time I want to dump something from my E-drive to the desktop!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: