More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 12:08:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Sims2 File Maid questions
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sims2 File Maid questions  (Read 3318 times)
siggylove
Furry!
Knuckleheaded Knob

Mr Flibble's very cross

View Profile
Sims2 File Maid questions
« on: 2006 January 19, 22:25:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Evening all,

I downloaded the Sims2 File Maid but it seems to be missing a few options such as the rack etc.,  I can't figure out why this has happened unless it was something to do with Norton?  I thought it might be a bum download so tried again but no luck, the rack and the option to enable the rack is still missing?

Any of you good people got any advice or would you say I was better off using Clean Pack Installer instead?

Be grateful for your thoughts Huh

I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me, than a full frontal lobotamy
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Re: Sims2 File Maid questions
« Reply #1 on: 2006 January 19, 22:33:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The rack?  I don't know what that is, and I do have the File Maid.  What is the rack and what is it supposed to do?  I also use the Clean Installer, but it doesn't install zip and rar files, so I use it for sorting files and seeing what they are.
cheriem
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 January 19, 23:07:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't the rack something that was from File Maid 1?  I don't think File Maid 2 has a rack.... I could be wrong though, it's been know to happen before.

siggylove
Furry!
Knuckleheaded Knob

Mr Flibble's very cross

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 January 19, 23:09:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for replying so quickly Blue, I was reading the download instructions and all the other gumph that goes with it and apparently the "rack" (forgive my poor terminology here) aids you in sorting your downloads into relevant categories ie., Clothes/Swimwear/PJ's etc.,  I thought it might aid me in keeping my downloads organised but If you've been working without a rack also then I guess it's not causing any problems?  

I think I'll go ahead and download the Clean Installer and manage my downloads that way - I can't stand to see my downloads folder in such a mess (anally retentive I know).  

siggylove
Furry!
Knuckleheaded Knob

Mr Flibble's very cross

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 January 19, 23:12:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't the rack something that was from File Maid 1?  I don't think File Maid 2 has a rack.... I could be wrong though, it's been know to happen before.

That did cross my mind, all the instructions are taken from File Maid 1 so It could just be me being a complete plonker Embarrassed

laylei
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 January 20, 07:11:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The rack isn't there anymore, because all downloads go into one folder, rather than "skins" being put in the skins folder, objects in the objects folder, etc. Since all downloads are package files now, they can be all put in one folder. Sims 1 required you to put your various file types in certain folders, because, if I recall correctly, skins files were .BMP?
MokeyHokey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 January 20, 14:54:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims 1 skins had bmp cmx and skn. *Sigh* Thank God I no longer have to try to pin down a rogue missing piece of a skin file. Woot.  Tongue
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: